RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:39:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Skylanders in the Db talk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Skylanders in the Db talk  (Read 28049 times)
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2015, 04:00:48 AM »

Since the Amiibos are in the database, we are free to start adding Skylanders?  Multi Consoles category.  So, now that a Nintendo version of Interactive Figures is released, the action begins?

We may want to coordinate this so that the approval team isn't barraged with submissions.  If travel cases and memory cards are in, "Interactive Figures" should definitely be.  If some prefer an off-to-the-side list, that should be something to add by the database team.  There are collectors that would enjoy official soundtracks and promotional items be allowed as well.  Why should we limit the database when it only betters our exposure and collection tracking?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:35:32 AM by Techie413 » Logged

Relax, I can fix it.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2015, 09:27:39 AM »

[....]
BUT
Since i know it will never happen i guess...
UNLEASH THE FLOOD GATES!
Put them all in under Multiple Consoles.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »

Since the Amiibos are in the database, we are free to start adding Skylanders?  Multi Consoles category.  So, now that a Nintendo version of Interactive Figures is released, the action begins?
Yeah, go ahead, Data Figures are a go.

We may want to coordinate this so that the approval team isn't barraged with submissions.
As long as people aren't submitting duplicates, we should be fine.

There are collectors that would enjoy official soundtracks and promotional items be allowed as well.
Let's not jump the gun here.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »

We'd need ISBNs for soundtracks and strategy guides, and the current pages aren't properly setup to even display these types of things. Baby steps, guys.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2015, 06:21:20 PM »

Should have mentioned: please list compatible systems when submitting figures. Makes it easier for us to approve.
Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2015, 06:23:40 PM »

I started adding some Skylanders into the db, but I'm considering changing the naming format to show the series that the figure is a part of e.g. Skylanders Giants: Shroomboom instead of just the name of the figure.  We want this to be organized.  After the first run that I have entered are approved, I'll go back and make the changes and add the systems as Flee mentioned.

Relax, I can fix it.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2015, 07:21:46 PM »

Ok great. You can utilize variation title for organizational purposes if you need to.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »

Skylanders are compatible for all systems, but the compatibility lies in the titles themselves. They have colored bases to show which games they are compatible with.

I wanted to ask, before approving them - does it make sense to tie them in with all versions of the character? For example:
Chill
Chill [Blizzard Chill]
Chill [Legendary]
Chill [Lightcore]

The different series of characters have different names, so it should be redundant to have the series in the titles (e.g. Blizzard Chill is Series 2). However, Blizzard Chill only works for Skylanders Swap Force - so, should be it a Variation, or a separate release that is tied by Related?

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2015, 10:18:20 PM »

I'd say just tie them in by related. I say this because if there's a change in the way the site handles variations in the future, it won't cause problems.
Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2015, 11:19:52 PM »

Different figures work with different games, so I would think that only the specials within the same series would be a variation e.g. Legendary Trigger Happy is a variation of the original Spyro's Adventure Trigger Happy.  But, if it is preferred they can be entered in chronological order to tie in the variations.  I just may not have all the information such as part # and UPC for some characters.

Relax, I can fix it.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2015, 11:21:46 PM »

We should consult Zag for this, I think.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2015, 11:30:24 PM »

There's not much to consult here - it's just a question of wanting to find all of the figures tied together (e.g. looking for all versions of a figure, regardless of which game they work with), or to treat them like "normal" games and hardware and only tie the direct variations in, which would mean that a Series 2 figure would not be tied to a Series 1 figure.

Chronological order doesn't really matter, as they all have unique names (except for some of the skin or chase variants).
FWIW, I own most of the figures up until Swap Force, and only stopped collecting because i lost my job at the time. Zag and I talk about Skylanders over PMs fairly often.  Grin

Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2015, 11:39:16 PM »

Yes, the series specific figures could be tied together, but there should not be any cross-pollination between series'.  Zag isn't the only one that plays the games.  Cheesy

To give an example about how Chill would look:

a variation of
Skylanders Giants: Chill
would be
Skylanders Giants: Chill [LightCore]

but

Skylanders Giants: Chill
and
Skylanders Swap Force: Blizzard Chill

would be separate.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:45:21 PM by Techie413 » Logged

Relax, I can fix it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2015, 11:55:36 PM »

So, you propose having the title release as part of the Title?

Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2015, 11:58:16 PM »

So, you propose having the title release as part of the Title?

That would be a good way to separate by series, thus making the variations much easier to track.  It would also help from a checklist perspective.  Of the ones that I had submitted without it, I can go back and edit after approval or start over.

Relax, I can fix it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length