RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:53:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: September Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden II  (Read 8658 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »

the top is s-video? wow that difference

PS3 video output is pretty crazy. My screenshots above are using HDMI output.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »

The PS3 may be doing some filtering and/or scaling. You can change the settings if you don't want it to do that...
Settings -> Game Settings -> PS - Upscaler
Settings -> Game Settings -> PS - Smoothing
http://manuals.playstatio...ettings/gamesettings.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:37:12 PM by mumboking » Logged
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

I love this game's headquarters. People move around it, or seem like they move around it. Early on its most noticeable in the tavern since Viktor and Flik will hang out there from time to time. Sometimes both will be there, sometimes only one will be there, other times neither of them will. This just expands as you recruit more people and level the town up, like the audience of your dancer, and your Iron Chef judges.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »

Hey everyone, even though I decided not to go with weekly checkpoints for this game, I figured since today is the 15th it would be good to post some kind of halfway point. I am honestly not as far in the game as I would like to be right now (because I've been playing too much Ico), so I conferred with my pal SirPsycho.

It's a little tricky as this a major plot point and spoiler, so only use it if you feel you must. But if you've...
Spoiler (hover to show)
...you're making a good pace.

So how is everyone doing? Enjoying the vastly improved gameplay, inventory system, graphics, sound, and story?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 05:00:48 PM »

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/vHseHDG.jpg[/img]

I took this a few days ago but here's some fun facts about Jeane in this game. She runs the rune shop in Two River, but moonlights as the runemastery teacher at the University in Greenhill. When the story takes you to Greenhill she's teaching her class at the time, and all the boys are trying to hide their hard ons. Can you blame them?

[img width=215 height=398]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120426160921/suikoden/images/d/dc/S2-jeane.gif[/img]

I think they're just...

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 11:11:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/...33&type=1&theater   here is my screens on my PS2 with Composite, Svideo, and Component. in other news Im having to much fun Grinding and getting all my people up to 40 and Weapon to 11

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 04:06:13 AM »

Thanks for keeping hope alive Doug!

Anyone else still playing?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length