RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:05:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September Modern Community Playthrough - Ico 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: September Modern Community Playthrough - Ico  (Read 16201 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »

Let's save that for the Skypecall. I have a theory about a link between the two games, but I don't think it's correct.

Anyway, lots of great info on ICO including a walkthrough can be found on youwerethere.com

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »

Let's save that for the Skypecall. I have a theory about a link between the two games, but I don't think it's correct.

+1 on saving the conspiracy theories Wink

I made it to the 2nd checkpoint last night. Traversing the windmill was a little tricky, but I managed it after about 12 tries. I kept trying to manipulate my camera angle, which was entirely unnecessary. It appears that I'm still trying to use the controls from SotC and it's impeding my speed in a few places.

This game is simply beautiful. The background scenery as you run across the bridges from tower to tower are amazing! Another aspect of the game I love is how you convince Yorda to jump across the large chasms and you grab her arm and pull her up. Man, it makes my heart skip a beat. I love how the game makes you feel as if you are a part of the danger and like I mentioned on the SotC playthrough, I'm still getting that sense of fearing height. Very cool.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 12:50:14 PM »

Just finished the game and have to say that it's absolutely beautiful in design and execution. Loved everything about it, except the camera which caused me to miss jumps and fall of edges sometimes. My advice is to leave the camera as it is (it will actually show you where you need to go next) and only move it so you can make a mental map of the environment. I actually liked the camera angles in the game as it made moments and vistas feel very cinematic.

I'm so happy I had a chance to play this and SotC.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »

Congrats on finishing the game! Glad to hear it held up for you until the end. This makes me really excited to finish it. Did you find the "secret" weapon? If you didn't, you might want to read up on it. I came across it while reading an article on the game and so I'm probably going to consult a portion of a walkthrough to find it.

Looks like you and techwizard are finished. How are our other participants holding up this month?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »

I didn't find the secret weapon.

Spoiler (hover to show)

But I still enjoyed every second of the game. To say the game held up is an understatement. It took for me a great ride.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »

From what I understand Floyd, both "secret" weapons are found at the same spot.  That latter that you mentioned is only available on your second playthrough of the game.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 12:26:55 AM »

i didn't find the secret weapon either but watched a video of the room it was in, didn't even realize there was a secret panel there
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »

I am pretty sure I made it to the second checkpoint yesterday.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2014, 02:11:41 PM »

awesome! glad to have you on board mike
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2014, 12:48:18 AM »

Finished the game tonight. One of those games I'm the better for experiencing.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2014, 07:47:38 AM »

It is an enriching experience, isn't it? Congrats!

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »

I remember lingering for ages at the windmill, soaking it all in.  Not for so long this time, but I did let Yorda chase the birds a bit.  I've been entertaining the notion of firing this up on PCSX2 on my gaming PC to see how good it looks.

Reached the checkpoint for this week.  At this point you REALLY need that shiny new weapon.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »

Finished the game tonight. One of those games I'm the better for experiencing.

Now you can start playing Suikoden II!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »

Week 3 checkpoint is up!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 07:14:18 PM »

This Godforsaken song keeps popping into my head for some reason.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length