RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:00:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night  (Read 69865 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:57 PM »

I'm sad to say this, but it looks like I won't have time to join in on this one. It's a fantastic game, and you are all in for a treat (or trick).

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2014, 09:14:41 PM »

The soundtrack, people...take time to enjoy the background noise when you enter new areas. So good.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2014, 02:10:16 AM »

Game beaten at 3:01 AM on October 2nd!

If your wonder how I did it so quick, no, I did not cheat. I will reveal how I did it as the month goes on. Smiley

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2014, 05:16:59 AM »

I tried to go up and over to get to the parakeet boss, but I think I need the double jump to pass the part with the giant skull heads, and you only get the double jump after beating that boss, coming in from the left. So quite simply I'm pretty sure I was doing it right in the first place, but the combination of me not being very good at this game and whatever level I was at at the time made it very difficult. I'm going to try again tonight, as I'm a much higher level now.

I'm really enjoying the game though.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »

Get inspired:

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »

What's the trick to playing as Richter again?

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2014, 02:44:44 PM »

Enter his name at start-up me thinks.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »

This is half-correct, my good Banana. Smiley

You have to beat the game with Alucard once to use Richter. Entering his name alone is not enough. On the Saturn Version, however, you can just pick him any time. Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »

This is half-correct, my good Banana. Smiley

You have to beat the game with Alucard once to use Richter. Entering his name alone is not enough. On the Saturn Version, however, you can just pick him any time. Smiley

Thanks for the correction. I was misinformed. Tongue

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »

Alright I beat that damned bird. It was in fact very easy once I learned you can duck under his attacks.

Got the leap stone and zapped back over to the big skull head area. Saved and put it down for the night. I like to save where I have something that I know I can do the next time I fire up the game.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »

So...I beat this last night. only to 200.5% though, but still...it is too intense to put down. Smiley Anyone want to compare a speed run with me since I will be running it a few more times? The XBLA version allows you to see when you hit certain checkpoints in the game...get a little friendly competish going if anyone else that has already played this game before is interested. Smiley Redd, you beat it quick, you down?

A couple things I tracked before going all insomniac and beating were the beginning to the outer wall. Was able to get 2 heart max boosts and a life max before getting to the outer wall. The game does give you some freedom of exploration without having the right tools for the job to get past certain things, which is awesome for changing the experience on each playthrough. Did anyone farm a lot of money to buy anything crazy at the library?

Used a trick to get through the start quickly after reaching the outer wall. I won't spoil it, but I will give a cryptic hint:
"Stand on the Pot Roast" Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:16:11 PM by Boshamp » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »

Redd, did you use Maria? She is crazy overpowered in that version.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »

i didn't know you could play as Maria, that seems like a spoiler...
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »

That is just the Saturn version. Maria (as well as a few others) are playable straight from the start if memory serves...

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »

Actually, I find her quite weak. Nonetheless, I did not. Here's a hint:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length