RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:28:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Modern Playthrough - January 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Modern Playthrough - January 2015  (Read 22508 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »

Im holding out for a Kanye West game.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 01:47:38 PM »

I don't have my copy yet, but go ahead and sign me up for the 360 version.  I mentioned this game to a friend of mine, and we plan on playing through it together.  This seems like just the kind of mindless action game we enjoy in co-op.  I could probably work in some co-op sessions with some of you guys too if you need a partner.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »

Shame so many are willing to just write it off.

If the title was just "Blood on the Sand" and didn't start with "50 Cent" i wonder how many would be willing to check it out for the playthru.
I don't know anyone who has played the game and not enjoyed it to some degree. (Obviously some more than others)

I have nothing nice to say about the video Zag linked. It does seem that the complaints levied against the game are mirrored by the "host".

I will say this. The game is much better co-op. Just make sure you are there to have fun and you will.
Play with someone who comes across like a whiny old bastard shaking his cane at the TV and yelling at coloreds to get out of his game system and you probably won't have fun. Although i suppose i could find amusement in that too. Offensive old people can be fun too.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »

I'm in. Got a sealed copy for $30 on ebay & I'll be playing on the PS3.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 10:09:40 PM »

Guys, what are your Gamer Tags/PSN names for multiplayer? Ghost or I will add those to the main post so anyone can play co-op for this game.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 03:49:08 AM »

Mine is "kushanova"
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »

Im holding out for a Kanye West game.

I would play that game in a heartbeat.

EDIT: I almost forgot, there is one.

Guys, what are your Gamer Tags/PSN names for multiplayer? Ghost or I will add those to the main post so anyone can play co-op for this game.

Good idea, feel free to share your user tags if you wish.

So I gotta say, as I play through this game to setup checkpoints etc, that this is the first playthrough game in a long time that I'm actually looking forward to playing when I get home, because of the fun of it. And I'm playing solo right now.

Also I'll mention that this only the second game that I can think of that I have ever played where the main playable character is a black guy (the first being Prototype 2). I'm not saying there are no others out there, just those are the two that I have played, and I'd like to think I play a lot of games.

Anyway, I'm glad this game has caused such a stir already. I think the people who play it will be pleasantly surprised and those who look down their nose at it will simply miss out.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:10:04 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 05:06:50 PM »

^ GTA had a black main guy. And Spawn on PS1 LOL

Also, I know nothing about this 50 Cent game at all. I don't even wanna watch a trailer. I'm just gonna pop it in on new years and see what's up.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »

Ah, totally forgot about San Andreas, thanks (at first I thought you meant GTAV and I was gonna say that Franklin was outnumbered by white guys two to one!). And never played Spawn.

Also, thanks for your participation, and if I may say, you have the right attitude!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 09:23:41 AM »

My copy of the game just shipped and I should have it before the end of December.  Forgot to mention that my 360 gamertag is "Sting12".  Feel free to add me.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »

Updated the OP a little bit.

I finished the game last weekend and it's great. I'm looking forward to joining some co-op or at least further exploring the weapon upgrade system. I had read that one playthrough is not sufficient to unlock a satisfying amount of stuff, and my first playthrough was true to this. The best weapons I had in the game were scavenged from dead motherfuckers.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 11:59:14 AM »

Ha! Ha! You should have to use foul language to post on this thread

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »

Ha! Ha! You should have to use foul language to post on this thread

I was thinking the same goddamned thing.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »

I would be playing this one with you guys, but, alas, my (2nd) PS3 crapped out 2 weeks ago on a whim. As I don't anticipate dropping a significant amount of change (see also: $100ish) for a system that has already failed me twice, I will not be participating.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 08:35:55 AM »

Week one checkpoint is up for those who are done with the shmup competition and/or want to play over the holiday.

The first checkpoint is by far the longest. This game is very short, and I think that a lot of people here will get enjoyment out of playing through the game multiple times, so if you want to ignore my checkpoints and blow through the game to upgrade your weapons for a second playthrough, by all means go for it.

Also don't worry about checkpoints for the discussion here. The story is so stupid and paper-thin that spoilers really won't matter.

Enjoy the game everyone. I'm looking forward to my second playthrough. I will probably start it on Thursday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length