RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:55:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Submissions In Limbo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print
Author Topic: Submissions In Limbo  (Read 101764 times)
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2022, 12:59:31 PM »

I submitted a Double Dragon variant for Sega Genesis that I did not see in the database, but I don't see that it has been added. This was at least a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what I need to do to get it added.

Wait many months.

Strange, I had other submissions recently that were approved within 24 hours.

Running out of games to buy.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »

I submitted a Double Dragon variant for Sega Genesis that I did not see in the database, but I don't see that it has been added. This was at least a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what I need to do to get it added.

Wait many months.

Strange, I had other submissions recently that were approved within 24 hours.

I'm just joking.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2022, 11:14:34 AM »

I'm just joking.

lmao oh I had no idea. I'm outta the loop!

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2022, 01:49:43 PM »

Yeah, sorry about that, I'm on the naughty list for shoving through approvals with some issues so I've been trying to vet a little better and I had trouble verifying the Double Dragon variant.  I went ahead and pushed it through. 

The inside baseball is that I tend to be pretty lax about approving subs, mainly due to only having a little bit of time here and there to do approvals and the queue can stack very quickly.  My thought is that if it takes weeks, much less months, to get an approval then fewer folks will submit and we will lose more interest in the site and the db.  However, other db folks are trying to protect the integrity of the db and are understandably frustrated at times with my 'approve and fix later' mentality, as it can be a pain (if not impossible) to catch all of the errors that get through and be more work overall.

Also, some stuff is in the queue because I have no idea how to change or fix what is required to add, as I'm pretty much a simpleton with a rubber stamp for approvals and I have no idea how some of it works Wink

Keelah se'lai
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2022, 10:17:00 AM »

No problem man. For what it's worth here is the regular Double Dragon, and then the Video Game Classics Version. I own both Smiley

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2022, 09:22:33 PM »

Ah! Nice. Hadn't seen that before, very cool. And now in the db. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2022, 08:26:40 PM »

This isn't really a submission in limbo but I'm not sure where to put this. I'm trying to add the Tiger Electronics Stand Alone Handheld version of Independence Day. There is a version listed in the database. It is the version with a little pop out gun. The version I have, which is not listed in the database, is the regular black colored version that looks more like your average handheld. It is all over eBay, it exists, and I have my own copy now. It's a totally different game but I tried adding it that way and it wouldn't let me. So I tried adding it as a variant and I can't seem to figure it out.

Can someone add the game? Here is a photo of mine. It came out in 1996.

My image isnt working for some reason but here is the link
https://imgur.com/a/AHordRN

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2022, 11:13:34 PM »

Done http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-00T-S-00830-B
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2022, 05:22:11 PM »

Done http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-00T-S-00830-B

Thank you!!

n64ra
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2022, 04:51:35 PM »

Hi, I submitted the following two game variations almost a month ago.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Horizon Chase Turbo

Please add to the db. Thank you
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2022, 08:28:47 PM »

I had to track down the UPC for the Miles Morales that was different than the "Launch" and "Ultimate" edition; including that would have made it go faster as we try to make variants as verifiable and distinct in the db as possible.  Smiley

Not sure what makes the Horizon Chase Turbo a variant as the UPC is the same as the one in the db:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-231-S-03430-A

Thanks

Keelah se'lai
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2022, 08:50:24 PM »

Gentle and general reminder, when submitting a variant please try to include a UPC that is different than the pre-existing entries in the db.  If they are the same UPC the variant gets kicked out, and if no UPC is submitted it is difficult to confirm. 

Keelah se'lai
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2022, 02:47:23 PM »

Yeah, sorry about that, I'm on the naughty list for shoving through approvals with some issues so I've been trying to vet a little better

slackur, I appreciate what you"re doing!

I co-published a bibliography in the academic field, and I realize how important consistency for the db is. I'm also a stickler when it comes to the correct UPCs, developers and publishers, and I certainly found mistakes in the db. (Submitting incorrect info myself!)  However, accepting submissions is a difficult trade-off between minimizing inconsistencies/mistakes and a timely manner in which submissions are put in the db.

In this day and age I'm with you that the latter should be a prerogative. We have an incredible and unprecedented number of releases in the last couple of years.  The resulting very long acceptance time of game submissions  (I waited for some title entries 2 months and longer) is dangerous. People might not submit game information at all and give up on it. I think nowadays your way is justified. Additionally, incorrect information can be corrected after a title is in the db.

Overall, I highly appreciate the invested work and time of ALL of you involved to keep the db updated! Thanks so much! I suspect that lots of people don't realize how much tedious work is involved and how much time goes into such a wonderful db. We should all be patient and thankful that the db of RFG is alive and well and free! Thanks again!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 09:59:00 PM by lendelin » Logged
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2022, 08:04:08 PM »

Very cool and congrats!  My Beloved also edits and publishes in a professional field, and it is truly more work than most realize so hats off to you!
And thank you for understanding!  Any errors that are within my ability to correct, I don't mind at all.  Hoping to get some more folks involved with the site as staff, but things are busy all around.  I appreciate everyone that comes together to make this such a great place.

Keelah se'lai
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #209 on: December 28, 2022, 10:12:26 PM »

I mistyped, I meant 'bibliography' and not 'biography', although I'm retired and at an age for a biography for sure. Smiley (embarrassing) The bibliography was published in the 80s, and I never did one again because in academia it is not highly regarded despite the amount of work which goes into it. Published articles in review-journals are the bread and butter of academic reputation, so I focused on these.

The devil lies in checking the details. This eats up time, and a lot of people don"t understand how much work is necessary to keep such a db updated. That's why I'm thankful and appreciate the work of the RFG-staff.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length