RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:40:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015  (Read 59952 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »

I really need to sit down and play this game for longer than ten or fifteen minutes at a time. I've only been playing at work, so when I get through a dungeon I feel kind of pressured to beat the boss on the first try, which typically is not happening. Then I have to go back to work, and on my next break figure out how to get back to the boss.

I may have to actually play at home a little this weekend.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »

Just finished the Swamp Palace. I had to leave the dungeon and bottle up some fairies before going back in for the boss again, and I got nervous because the game gives you the impression that the entire dungeon has reset. Luckily you only have to do the first thing again, and you're good to go.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »

Yeah, that's the good thing about the game, the dungeons really don't reset. If you open doors with keys or get the big key in a dungeon, you still have them even when you return.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2015, 07:52:48 AM »

Yeah I was in that dungeon fighting the boss. There was one very similar in A Link Between Worlds. He knocked me off the platform once and you fall down to the floor below. Luckily you can just climb back up and continue the fight where you left off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2015, 09:44:44 PM »

Finally got the last pendant, and then the Master Sword. Made my way to the Dark World, and am now looking to tackle the first dungeon soon. Having fun so far, though the enemies got WAY harder in the Dark World.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2015, 11:13:35 PM »

Played a little bit the last few days and I have just been running around picking some things up before I start the swamp palace. 

Got attacked by a swarm of angry chickens.
Upgraded my bombs to 50 and arrows to 70. 

I'm gonna load up on potion and go for the swamp palace
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2015, 01:01:17 PM »

yes DIE Helmasaur, DIE! ...puuuh, this fight took me a while...
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2015, 01:14:47 PM »

yes DIE Helmasaur, DIE! ...puuuh, this fight took me a while...

Yep, a bit annoying hit box. Took me a few goes as well.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2015, 07:25:01 PM »

I just started playing Majora's Mask on the 3Ds so its going to be fun bouncing back and fourth between Zelda games ha . Waiting till Monday night to pick this up again and start tackling the Dark World.

Now your playing with power!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »

I forgot to mention I did all the achievements except for finding all the heart containers. Still missing 6 pieces.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2015, 09:57:39 AM »

I forgot to mention I did all the achievements except for finding all the heart containers. Still missing 6 pieces.

Noted.  Some of those heart pieces are pretty tough to find.  I had to resort to using a guide for the last 3 or 4 that I needed.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »

Holy crap Mothula is a nightmare. Once again I have no healing items and am going to have to go find some fairies at which point I'm sure, as usual, it will trivialize the whole fight.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

Holy crap Mothula is a nightmare. Once again I have no healing items and am going to have to go find some fairies at which point I'm sure, as usual, it will trivialize the whole fight.

To me, this is the most aggravating battle in the game. However, I don't think that using healing items trivializes any fight. They have been a staple in the Zelda series from the onset and were put in the game so that people playing could heal. I too like to finish a battle without having to heal, but a boss down is a boss down. Good luck man! Push through. Cheesy

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2015, 02:32:57 PM »

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't have any problem with the healing items and they are important and useful. What I mean when I say it trivializes it is that the degree of difficulty between having like seven hearts and no items and having three bottled fairies at the start of the battle is massively different.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »

However, I don't think that using healing items trivializes any fight.
What I mean when I say it trivializes it is that the degree of difficulty between having like seven hearts and no items and having three bottled fairies at the start of the battle is massively different.
I agree. But it could be said for many games. Mega Man has E-tanks, RPGs have herbs/potions/monomates, SotN has potions/food, etc.

If the game gives you a health bar/meter, odds are the game gives you items to replenish it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:41:24 PM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length