RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:53:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015  (Read 59981 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2015, 01:50:38 PM »

mmhm, turns out that in the Pal-Version the Chris Houlihan’s Top Secret Room is just named "the secret room" ... should Chris sue the Nintendo Power that he wasn't made famous worldwide and am i dismissed for the achievement? Wink

If it's the same room, then sure, it counts.

Well, this is the last day of February and we still have quite a few participants who haven't completed the game yet.  Feel free to keep posting in this thread if you get stuck, need some advice, or just want to discuss the game.  Myself and other members will be around to help you along.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:21 PM »

Yep. And starting tomorrow, join us in playing "MediEvil," a very Zelda-like adventure game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »

A round of applause for Disposed Hero! Well done, your first playthrough as host kicked ass my friend.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2015, 05:46:50 PM »

Haha, thanks man.  It gives me something to do at work.  You know, instead of actually working.  Tongue

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2015, 07:02:05 PM »

Haha, thanks man.  It gives me something to do at work.  You know, instead of actually working.  Tongue

Hope your employer doesn't read this site Wink

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2015, 08:21:30 PM »

Agreed, nice work sir!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2015, 08:31:40 PM »

I played 999 to much lol i only am at the 1st crystal

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »

Maybe it's because I've been super busy and haven't had much time to play it, or maybe it's because I'm not in the right mindset, but I've become quite frustrated by this game the last couple weeks.  Everything seems very cryptic, and the clues you get from the old guy aren't always very helpful.  I have no idea how to get into the 2nd Dark World dungeon.  The clue says something about the light world and dark world sharing similar locations, but I don't relish the idea of spending hours going dark to light, dark to light, to try and find the one area I need to go to in the light world and transport back, or vice versa, just to enter one dungeon.  Maybe I've been spoiled by modern games too much of late, but holy cow, I've made absolutely zero progress in the game in the 3 or 4 times I've been able to sit and play it in the last couple weeks.  I don't really want to use a walkthrough if I don't have to, and when I have used one (zeldadungeon.net), some of the instructions are a bit unclear, so I end up wandering around even more without a clear idea of what I'm supposed to do.  I realize the crux of the design is the adventure aspect, and figuring out what you're supposed to do is a big draw of the game, but maybe this kind of thing isn't my speed.  Maybe I'm not searching enough for clues, maybe I'm misinterpreting the clues I do find, or maybe I'm just not patient enough.  slick

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2015, 01:55:24 AM »

If I remember correctly go to the dungeon in the light world and pull the lever inside releasing the water than warp back into the dark world and you can enter the dungeon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »

Yeah, I saw that, but I can't get to the lever in the light world dungeon, because it's the one with the 3 blocks and the treasure chest.  All I'm able to do is push blocks out of the way enough to get to the chest, which I did before coming to the Dark World in the first place.  I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't figure it out.  Sigh.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »

You can push the blocks in a way that will allow you to get past the chest.  Keep trying.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »

Off the top of my head, you should be able to push the blocks out of the way.

EDIT - Disposed beat me
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »

I think it's the typical 3 block puzzle of push the 2 outer blocks forward, and middle one sideways. I can't quite recall, but I think that's right.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2015, 12:49:59 PM »

I think it's the typical 3 block puzzle of push the 2 outer blocks forward, and middle one sideways. I can't quite recall, but I think that's right.

I was trying to recall exactly what the puzzle looks like so I could be a bit more helpful than 'Keep trying', but I can't really remember either.  Thinking about it, I think if you push the 2 outer blocks forward and the middle one sideways, the chest would still be in the way. 

Screw it, I just looked it up: 
Spoiler (hover to show)

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »

Ha! Oh yeah, I had it backwards. Thanks Steven. Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length