RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:06:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015  (Read 59965 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2015, 04:23:47 PM »

Oh good grief, I feel like an idiot.  I should have thought of that...

Well, if I actually have time tonight after work and other commitments, maybe I'll try that Tongue

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2015, 04:40:04 PM »

Oh good grief, I feel like an idiot.  I should have thought of that...

Well, if I actually have time tonight after work and other commitments, maybe I'll try that Tongue

Keep plugging away. That block pushing mechanic is a staple of the Zelda series. You will see it more for sure as you progress. When in doubt, push on a block.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »

So, I got into the dungeon, but HOLY COW that's a hard one!  I found the map and compass, and the big key, got the hookshot, but then was unable to find the way to the boss area and died about 8 times.  I've only got 10 hearts - should I go back to the Light World and try and find some more?

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2015, 01:46:55 AM »

I would say make sure you have at least one bottle and try and get s fariy if you have the net or go to the witch in the light world in the upper right and get some potion to cure you. This should help in the dungeon some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2015, 01:47:22 AM »

I'm off all day tomorrow so I should be able to get a little father in this

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »

So, I got into the dungeon, but HOLY COW that's a hard one!  I found the map and compass, and the big key, got the hookshot, but then was unable to find the way to the boss area and died about 8 times.  I've only got 10 hearts - should I go back to the Light World and try and find some more?

I think about 11 or 12 hearts is typically the average for this dungeon, but 10 should be fine.  I believe you can have up to three bottles at this point in the game, so you might want to go back and find the others if you don't have that many yet, and be sure you keep them stocked with fairies or potions.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2015, 10:18:26 AM »

In general, when you obtain an item in a dungeon you're going to have to use it to get to the boss (or it's an item that helps defeat the boss, like the bow & arrow when you get the first pendant). I think that dungeon has a lot of areas where you need to hookshot yourself around.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »

Ok just beat the ice dungeon. Man what a pain. Ok headed to the swamp but looks like I need a special item to open it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2015, 03:57:01 PM »

Nice work Russ! Enjoy the mire.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »

Ok headed to the swamp but looks like I need a special item to open it.

You need the Ether Medallion to open it.  You can find it near
Spoiler (hover to show)

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2015, 02:48:41 AM »

Well it's 3:46am and Gannon has been defeated. Once you get going you don't want to stop ha.

It was overall a good time and a frustrating one.

I'm missing one medallion and another item as well as two full hearts. Ughhh not sure if I want to go back and hunt these down or not

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »

Nice work Russ. Congratulations!

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2015, 09:12:05 PM »

Congrats!  I haven't been able to get back to this game due to time constraints, general business, and life/work stuff.  I may take a short break to do another playthrough of a short platformer, and then come back to this later in the month.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2015, 12:35:44 AM »

Don't give up hope. It's a fantastic game and has so much to offer.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2015, 11:26:35 AM »

Don't give up hope. It's a fantastic game and has so much to offer.

I plan to go back to it, but I've been so super busy that it's been hard to find time to play.  I haven't even really had time to game in nearly 2 weeks, other than on Saturday when I did some couch gaming with a friend.  We played games more suited to multiplayer, like Mario Kart 8 or X-Men: Children of the Atom.  I need to "unbusify" my life a little, but it's hard between my demanding job and other interests.  Mainly, I need to focus on some more pick up and play games until I can get time back.  I still need to finish Xenoblade Chronicles, and I think I might be somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 through it, but put it down in favor of some of these playthroughs, and haven't gone back yet.

I follow the Genesis Gems podcast, and their next game is Shadow Blasters, which I bought years ago but have put almost no time into.  Since that's a simple action platformer, I might play through that in the next couple weeks and participate with them, then come back to this with a fresh perspective when things quiet down a tad.  I want to finish this game and see it through to the end, but I need time to be able to do it, which, unfortunately, right now I just don't have very much of. Sad

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length