RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:13:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015  (Read 24570 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 09:16:16 AM »

Don't worry about that douglie. You're participating, and that's appreciated.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 09:10:56 PM »

I hit 100% on this one last year. Very good game - was really pleased that Square-Enix got to work on this one. They didn't disappoint! Also interested to hear what everyone thinks.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 07:54:21 AM »

We'll be sharing our thoughts for sure. Glad to hear you enjoyed the game, that only makes me excited to start playing it.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 08:30:54 AM »

To those who have played the game before, I just want to comment that despite the progression system, which may make you reluctant to "start from scratch" again, I must say the game is even better on the second playthrough. I have not once felt as if I was really missing something that I knew was coming further along in the game. Plus you can try to spec Lara out differently than you did the first time, which is always fun.

Further, although I would argue this game is designed incredibly well, the first time I played through I had a handful of moments where I didn't know where to go or what I was supposed to do. The second time through it is really hard to get lost the same way. Also even though you know the solutions to all the puzzles, they're still fun to actually do.

I played the game for the first time in July of 2013 if anyone's wondering.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »

I first played the game around September of 2013, and I have to agree that I'm enjoying my second playthrough much more than my first.  I don't remember too much about the story, so it feels like a pretty fresh experience to me.

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 10:20:04 AM »

Having had a rainy Sunday, I already spent 4 hours on Yamatai. It's the first kind of these games (i put them all under the "Ass. Creed, Batman, Uncharted-category") i really played more than "some minutes to test if the games is in working order" on PS3/360-Generation. I am really amazed for the good. You can clearly retrace the next steps, that story-telling in Video Games has taken. Being Zelda LttP the last game i finished, you can see how much we have gotten more into movie/cinema-like presentation. That goes not without saying, that the pixels had of course little bit more charme, and I would miss something if the Next-Gen would have been my my first-Gen, so to say.

My Girlfriend spent some minutes watching me play and asked: "Is there more than 1 Lara Croft game? I only know her from the 90s, with the pistoles, khaki shorts and the very Big Boobs?" So I had to tell her this is some kind of pre-quel, and yes with som changes on Lara, not only in size...because Gamers have evolved...sometimes Smiley
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:31:04 AM by ericeskapade » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 10:24:46 AM »

For a story behind that:
Team Ninja planned to tone down the "boob physics" and reduce the breast size some in Dead or Alive 5, but Japanese fans complained very loudly about it.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »

Just saw this and thought I'd share. Didn't watch the whole thing so be careful of spoilers. Those angled eyebrows make her look mean or something Angry. I like the original better.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »

I find the "remodeling of each strand of hair" to look very weird. While Lara's ponytail looks better the hair on her head looks a little like a mop. Other than that I think it's a good looking overhaul.

Anyway, I'm super excited for this game and the first checkpoint is now in the main post.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 06:29:07 PM »

Just saw this and thought I'd share. Didn't watch the whole thing so be careful of spoilers. Those angled eyebrows make her look mean or something Angry. I like the original better.

I guess we know who packed Lara's suitcase in the Definitive Edition:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Anyway, having played both the original version and the Definitive Edition, I will agree that I like the original Lara better.  I think with the DE, they were trying to make her look more like the Lara from the PS2 games.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 08:04:26 PM »

She does look pretty pissed in that picture. I played halfway through the game on PS3 but I got busy and forgot about it for a few months. Restarted it on PS4 and I should let you guys know there is a really bad game ending glitch I encountered right before the end. I ended up restarting & running through the game really fast and eventually going back to get 100%.

The glitch has to do with the 'fast tracking' from area to area. Not 100% sure how or when it occurs, it's worth looking in to. Basically it autosaves when you fall of a cliff or die & corrupts your file Sad
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 05:08:55 AM »

DAMN! That sucks. Good info, but perhaps by now it has been patched?

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »

She does look pretty pissed in that picture. I played halfway through the game on PS3 but I got busy and forgot about it for a few months. Restarted it on PS4 and I should let you guys know there is a really bad game ending glitch I encountered right before the end. I ended up restarting & running through the game really fast and eventually going back to get 100%.

The glitch has to do with the 'fast tracking' from area to area. Not 100% sure how or when it occurs, it's worth looking in to. Basically it autosaves when you fall of a cliff or die & corrupts your file Sad

I read about this right before I started the game but had assumed that it had been patched by now.  After doing some research, it seems like some people are still getting corrupted save files.  The best thing you can do is create multiple save files and/or regularly upload your save file to the PSN cloud.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 10:48:51 AM »

Lara Croft Survival Tip:
Spoiler (hover to show)

EDIT: Checkpoint reached
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:49:06 PM by Raidou » Logged
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »

Oops forgot to mention using multiple saves. You guys picked it up fast though. Using 2 saves is the best bet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length