RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:27:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Golden Axe Series - Retro Playthrough - July 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Golden Axe Series - Retro Playthrough - July 2015  (Read 26301 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »

Found this at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »

@russ - *sigh*
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 06:21:39 PM »

Finally took down the 1st game as Ax Battler on default settings:

Next job is to try and do the same with both Tyrus Flare and Gilius Thunderhead.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 10:05:37 PM »

Okay, now that I have a rhythm down, I beat the game with Tyris (correct spelling this time):

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2015, 06:15:50 AM »

Anyone try The Duel mode?

It's quick and easy. When I beat it my Strength score was over 300. I'm guessing it's because I didn't die (if you die once, it's over).
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2015, 07:39:39 AM »

Thanks for those instructions Russ!  My buddy is coming over again on Wednesday night, so we are going to play #1 again and try to finish 3.

Anyone try The Duel mode?

It's quick and easy. When I beat it my Strength score was over 300. I'm guessing it's because I didn't die (if you die once, it's over).

Yeah, I haven't played those modes yet, but intend to. I don't think I could give the games a fair discussion without playing them.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »

Also if anyone needs that instruction booklet for their game I will gladly grab it and send it out to you. I'm playing on the PS3 Genesis collection so I do not need it. let me know

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2015, 01:12:56 PM »

Also if anyone needs that instruction booklet for their game I will gladly grab it and send it out to you. I'm playing on the PS3 Genesis collection so I do not need it. let me know

Let me check my copy and get back to you Russ. Thanks!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2015, 01:33:54 PM »

Let me check my copy and get back to you Russ. Thanks!

Yep, have Golden Axe boxed with no manual. Could really use that one if it is still available. Thanks!

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2015, 03:23:50 PM »

Coming your way

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »

And now I've finished Golden Axe with Gilius!

I'll check out The Duel and then it's on to Golden Axe II!

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2015, 06:59:33 AM »

Thanks for those instructions Russ!
No......NO! NOT YOU TOO!!!!!!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »

Just had my first playthrough of Golden Axe with a friend of mine.  We played online via the downloadable version on the PS3.  What I didn't know until we started the game is that the version on PS3 is the Arcade version, not the Genesis version, but oh well.  I'll go back and play it again on the Genesis.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2015, 06:25:27 AM »

What I didn't know until we started the game is that the version on PS3 is the Arcade version, not the Genesis version, but oh well.  I'll go back and play it again on the Genesis.
Yeah, I didn't realize that when I bought it for Xbox Live. The Genesis version has more levels.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2015, 07:25:04 AM »

Here are a few thins I observed.  Any "steps" within a level?  Use them, especially on Level 4 of GA1.  If you get them on the step above you just keep hitting them until they die.  The technique I use the most, especially if you have a person on each side of you, is the jump attack or the run attack.  I use the jump attack more, though, because have to double tap left or right throws my timing off.  When using the jump attack, when the enemies too far away from you you need to move up or down because they will use their run attack on you.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length