RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:11:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters  (Read 51349 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 07:13:06 AM »

Funny, one of the Federal Marshalls at work this morning asked me if I was playing Pokémon GO. This guy is in his late 50s and said he downloaded it to see what all the fuss was about and loves it.  I was shocked.  He even mentioned the Pikachu trick to me. Ha ha.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 08:22:44 AM »

When this comes out in Canada I will give it a try. I'm 26 and was in the middle of the Pokemon craze, but my interest in faded in the Gameboy Advance era. I guess I stopped caring for the games because they were all too similar and got bored of them. Naturally, because I was the right age I watched the TV show, but only the original series. So now I have zero interest in the franchise (and when I play the games I use the Nuzlocke Challenge rules), however I want to try out Pokemon Go.

I don't see this as just a kids' thing. I'm sure we'll start seeing Pokemon Go walking tours, people hanging out playing/discussing the game. I think the younger crowd will definitely be hardcore into this but, the older players might find a neat time waster in Pokemon Go being just casual about it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:44:56 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 08:40:10 AM »

That Bunnyhop vid was pretty good (and reminds me, I want to check on my Nintendo stock).

Here in Austin, there already are tours, Pokemon pub crawls, meetups, and people offering to drive players around just to play.

During our E3 podcast I had little more than a passing interest in this thing. Now it is a phenomenon that can hardly be described in words on both a personal and public level. Not only do I love the game, but the effect it is having on everyone around me is fascinating.

I've seen tons of social media posts about how the game has improved peoples' physical and mental health and I would include myself in that bandwagon as well.

I hope you guys get it in Canada. You need to actually play it to see what it's all about.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »

The game not being officially released in Canada, hasn't prevented most people, from playing it here.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »

The game not being officially released in Canada, hasn't prevented most people, from playing it here.

But have you?  And regardless, people who are older are less likely to spend the time obtaining a non-regional copy. When it comes there, that's when they will get it. My older neighbor plays it, without her kids. Again, just a matter of someone having astute observations on something without visual proof. Geez man really?  Give it up, back to your toy thread with ya.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 03:46:03 PM »

Taking the kids downtown tonight to do a little hunting. This will be their first experience with Pokestops and gyms, since we live out in the country.  Should be a blast!  Will report back.

BJoin1979
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »

I want to play this. I missed out on the original Pokemon boom in 1998. I was busy worrying about college and what I wanted to do. I would like to get in on the excitement this time around. I do not have a phone though. I will have to try it out on my moms phone.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »

@BJoin79 You don't have a phone? Thats kind of....awesome.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 04:47:59 PM »

I'm 32, I do have a kid old enough to play, but I was more excited than he was to play Pokemon Go. I tried to get in the beta. I've played at work with several other guys, both older and younger than myself.

I've only played Pokemon Blue out of the entire series and never played the card game.

If you played Ingress, you'd probably like this.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
BJoin1979
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »

@BJoin79 You don't have a phone? Thats kind of....awesome.

I would like one I just can not justify the extra expense at this time.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 07:59:24 PM »

I've always been a (casual) Pokémon fan ever since Blue/Red, the original anime series and the original cards. For reference, the most recent Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Black, which is a relatively recent game.

Despite all that, this game doesn't seem interesting to me at all. I haven't even tried it. Okay, I understand the gimmick of walking around catching Pokémon. But the actual game seems so basic. It's like a traditional Pokémon game, except with just about everything stripped out of it.

I don't know.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 08:03:30 PM »

It's free so I'd advise trying it. Actually a lot of fun. It's a lot more about the community aspect then the gameplay. Very social and so nice to just be around people who are happy with all the bad stuff going on in the world.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2016, 10:04:13 AM »

Just a little video about the fears people have about the app.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 12:08:12 AM »

Took my son out this morning.
Ran into some server issues but we ended up walking to a little diner and grabbing bfast and roaming a bit around town anyways.

Tried playing at the bar tonight. It is a deadzone. I left it running for ~5 hours and nothing showed up in my vicinity. Doing the same thing at home i get a garbage pokemon a few times an hour. A Bulbasaur and Eggsecute were nearby but unfortunately i could not leave my customers to roam around the hood.

Got home and the gym across the street from my house jumped from a level 4 to a level 7. Checked out what was in there and the first leader is a friend of my brothers... I know this because he used the same name he had on Xbox Live which is a play on his name. Tried to knock it down solo and made it to the final leader barely. I really only have one strong Pokemon Vaporeon 523 next strongest is a Golbat at 356 and then they start nosediving into the upper 100s.

Anyone know offhand if Eevee evolution is random?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2016, 07:32:19 AM »

Anyone know offhand if Eevee evolution is random?

http://www.polygon.com/po...okemon-go-eevee-evolution

Apparently not. There seems to be a trick behind getting Eevee to evolve.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length