RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:23:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Physical Form Forum 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: The Physical Form Forum  (Read 114319 times)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2016, 09:35:56 AM »

@Schlibby and Raidou:
I agree. I have more respect for publishers like Soedesco, Rising Star, XSeed and many others who take a risk than Limited Run whose business model is based on the hype of rarity and in the end is tailored more towards outrageous resellers than gamers. That's why I don't want to be part of this game.

Not sure about Soedesco, but Rising Star (UK) and XSeed (US) are more about localising niche games for their target market than providing a physical alternative to digital-only titles, so it's not an entirely fair comparison. That said, I have a lot of respect for these companies, and I would also like to commend Ghostlight (who used to release MegaTen games in Eur/Aus) and NIS America (who do tons of releases in Europe and Australia, including Atlus titles).

/threadjack
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2016, 11:25:43 PM »

@Schlibby and Raidou:
I agree. I have more respect for publishers like Soedesco, Rising Star, XSeed and many others who take a risk than Limited Run whose business model is based on the hype of rarity and in the end is tailored more towards outrageous resellers than gamers. That's why I don't want to be part of this game.

This.  So this.  (also add Nighthawk Interactive on that publisher list.)

I've ordered some Limited Run games, which I immediately open, only because I desire to support physical releases (and several were titles I wanted.)  I for one support the 'free market' but even more, I desire for every video game to be available for 'reasonable' prices (to support the developers) and am supremely disappointed when a game's price makes it unavailable for many who want to play it.

Finding games like Lumo are exactly why I created this forum (and need to update it more regularly), because it is an excellent game that gets swept under the rug of more highly promoted titles.  (Also, see Assault Suit Leynos, released the same day I believe and for the same price.)  Lumo was great, and I already showed it off to a buddy who immediately went to buy it afterward.  He also played and enjoyed Futuridium (because he saw my physical copy) but he'll have to pick it up digitally, since it was a Limited Run game. Tongue

I'll be back later to update the list with the last few mentioned titles (and I already ordered Owlboy, woohoo!  Or who-who? XD )

A couple of days ago I ordered Assault Suit Leynos. When I saw the game a couple of weeks ago, it went straight on my PS4 2D-list. I didn't know that 'our' Cybernator games were actually Assault Suit Leynos games in Japan, and that the Mega Drive and Saturn got Assault Suit games as well.

Great games without the Limited Run hassle! Smiley
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2016, 11:38:54 PM »

@Schlibby and Raidou:

Not sure about Soedesco, but Rising Star (UK) and XSeed (US) are more about localising niche games for their target market than providing a physical alternative to digital-only titles, so it's not an entirely fair comparison. That said, I have a lot of respect for these companies, and I would also like to commend Ghostlight (who used to release MegaTen games in Eur/Aus) and NIS America (who do tons of releases in Europe and Australia, including Atlus titles).

/threadjack

True, I didn't distinguish between publishers which release from the getgo niche games from indie developers and and publishers like Limited Run which focus on digital only relaeses; but the criticism of the questionable business model of Limited Run is unaffected because these niche developers could apply the same limited print-nonsense with the same results. (and some of them released previously digital only ganes as well physically)

Nippon Ichi is of course a completely different story.

BTW, I didn't know Soedesco very well, only from the covers of a lot of great indie games for the PS4. (Giana Sisters, Teslagrad, Toki Tori 2+) The list of their games are impressive and long, and the soon-to-be-releases look very interesting if you visit their website.

It is a Dutch publisher in Rotterdam, here is an interesting article about their company. More impressive than Limited Run if you ask me. Smiley

http://www.nisute.com/201...ishing-world-of-soedesco/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:42:26 PM by lendelin » Logged
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2016, 01:10:06 AM »

Strange coincidence and unimportant: I just discovered that the developer of Giana Sisters is Black Forest Games. I am from the Black Forest (it is a region in the southwest of Germany), and indeed the company is located in Offenburg. I lived there until I was 30, and lived nearby Offenburg from 2009 to 2015 again, but now I live in the US again. Damn, I could have driven there in twenty minutes. If I had known I'd have contacted them since I was always interested in the economic situation of smaller developers.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2016, 10:16:49 PM »

BOOM! Yooka-Laylee is heading to retail as well as digital Smiley

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2016, 11:25:03 PM »

Yay!  I'll add it as soon as they give some details; a little concerned it may fall through and stay digital.

Keelah se'lai
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2016, 07:45:13 AM »

Yay!  I'll add it as soon as they give some details; a little concerned it may fall through and stay digital.
I imagine it must be up to Team 17? I think they are publishing the game.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2016, 01:07:29 PM »

Hey Slakur... it's couch co-op time! Overcooked is here:

https://www.amazon.com/Ov...2&keywords=Overcooked

https://www.amazon.com/Ov...1&keywords=Overcooked

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2016, 01:41:22 PM »

Aragami signature edition on PS4:

https://signatureeditiong...veloper-signature-edition

This looks like it will be the British version of limited run games

EDIT - actually, looks like it's just that particular special edition that's limited to that seller. Maybe it ain't so limited after all then
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:32:05 PM by Schlibby » Logged
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2016, 09:55:28 PM »

Aragami (retail) on PS4 is being published by Maximum Games in NA

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »

Updated with Overcooked, Touhou Genso Wanderer, Danganronpa 1-2 Reload, and Birthdays the Beginning.

Keelah se'lai
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »

Soldner X-2: Final Prototype (Vita) - US version by LRG, Asian import version (English language) will be a Play-Asia exclusive in 2017
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2016, 11:09:58 PM »

This is unexpected. Physical PC releases:

http://www.gamestop.com/b...Ak-t6iBSjtGZycTlQf8P07pUg

Axiom Verge:

http://www.gamestop.com/p...collectors-edition/130428

Limited Edition Steel Book
Game on disc
Soundtrack on disc
Art book style game manual
Art card

Even Thomas Was Alone for PC...

http://www.gamestop.com/p...collectors-edition/130441
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:11:41 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2016, 08:52:16 AM »

Super Stardust Ultra VR and Hustle Kings VR both got physical PS4 releases in the UK and a couple other non-US regions.  Both are digital only in the US.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2016, 07:25:59 AM »

Super Stardust Ultra VR and Hustle Kings VR both got physical PS4 releases in the UK and a couple other non-US regions.  Both are digital only in the US.

Can confirm both got physical releases in Oz, too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length