RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November 2017 Playthrough - Final Fantasy Adventure 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: November 2017 Playthrough - Final Fantasy Adventure  (Read 21005 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2017, 04:20:35 PM »

Ok beat the devil and it said to go south so I’m headed there now. Got a few more level ups.

One thing that gets annoying is when a treasure drops and you can’t carry anymore of that item and the chest is blocking your path. I have to keep leaving the screen than coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2017, 10:44:13 PM »

I just beat the Golem and escaped that cave, so I'm at the half-way point, at least in terms of the site checkpoints.  I'm digging this game so far, aside from a few issues.  There's definitely some weird physics going on with the weapons in close combat.  Enemies seem to have a slight recovery period, so spamming your weapon doesn't kill them any faster than being slightly more measured with your attacks.  Also, depending on how you're positioned relative to an enemy, sometimes your weapon has the unintended consequence of pulling them toward you, causing you damage, and occasionally knockback.  Also, SCREW those jumping spring things that turn you into a Moog.  Get Moog'd by one and then hit again, and it's insta-death.  I have unfortunately died a few too many times in that scenario.

Ok beat the devil and it said to go south so I’m headed there now. Got a few more level ups.

One thing that gets annoying is when a treasure drops and you can’t carry anymore of that item and the chest is blocking your path. I have to keep leaving the screen than coming back.

Yeah, I have had some trouble with this also, and it's either you drop an item so you can open the chest and then knock it away, or leave the screen and come back so the chest will be gone.  It feels like either a rather large oversight, or a poorly implemented system that is more a hindrance than it needs to be.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »

Just finished the game tonight!

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »

i just got my silver and got through the cave, so on ward I go. I'll prob do some good progress tomorrow

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 11:05:40 AM »

Nice work FRO, Doug, and Russ!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2017, 09:13:40 PM »

Just finished the game tonight!

Congrats, man!  I haven't had much time to play because I've had to work late a bunch (including tonight), but I'm back at it, so hopefully I'll see the 3rd checkpoint tonight or tomorrow.

i just got my silver and got through the cave, so on ward I go. I'll prob do some good progress tomorrow

Noice

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »

Ok I’m stuck. Could get to play for a bit. Not sure where I️ need to go. I️ just got the old man with the sword to join my party. I️ walked around and got to here but my chain won’t reach.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 09:24:15 PM »

Let the chain charge up all the way. It will reach further. 😀

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »

Thanks Rich. Didn’t know that effected the distance. Ha. I’ll prob going to stream this tonight for sure. I’ll post the re play here after

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »

Thanks Rich. Didn’t know that effected the distance. Ha. I’ll prob going to stream this tonight for sure. I’ll post the re play here after

Sweet man!

Yes, regarding the whip length, that is an odd feature.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 07:11:43 PM »

I got stuck in the desert looking for the Cave of Oasis and didn't make much progress for a while.  Finally figured it out and had a lengthy play session where I cleared the second checkpoint.  It seems like the frequency of boss fights is getting pretty high, but I don't really mind.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2017, 06:26:43 PM »

Played a good two hours last night And streamed it.

https://youtu.be/iIxtvz6Za_w

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »

Played a good two hours last night And streamed it.

https://youtu.be/iIxtvz6Za_w

Got a message on my phone that Russ was streaming last night. Shawn and I both popped in at one point. 😁

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »

I've been putting more time into this game ever since I got past the slump I was in before, and I was surprised that I passed the third checkpoint so quickly.  I've been finding all of the bosses to be super easy, but I may be overleveled (I spent a lot of time wandering aimlessly and killing stuff).

But I'm glad to say that I'm really enjoying the game now.  I was in a big slump with this game for a while which ended shortly after I finished the desert area.  I really feel like I'm steamrolling my way through it now and am looking forward to finally beating this game after 20+ years!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 08:05:49 PM »

I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying it Stephen. I had the same reaction. It started off slow at first and then I really got into the game.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length