RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RF Generation Streaming - Looking for More Streamers!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Streaming - Looking for More Streamers!!!  (Read 41006 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »

@douglie007: A nice 3X scale. Are you using the FBX profiles?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 08:34:33 AM »

I almost have a normal twitch schedule. I'm trying to play and beat every US Saturn game.  Www.twitch.tv/douglie007

I've been considering signing up for Twitch for a long time, but haven't done so thus far.  I'm now on Twitch as GuruGameBoy, and I just followed your account Smiley

Maybe this will give me the push I need to finally get the stuff so I can start streaming...
Heads up, if you want to stream real consoles it can get pricey, I spent over 600 just to get a nice stream for the viewers. 

That's true.  For console streaming you will need:

Decent PC, the capture card companies recommend at least an i5
Capture card (under 100 for used, $150-$400 for new)
Good Condenser mic ($50-100)
mic stand ($10)
webcam/camlink($50-130)

You can cheap out on some of these things but if you look or sound bad, people wont want to watch so it pays to put a little extra into your rig.
First, let me just say that this is a super great Idea and absolutely doable. All we need is someone to create an RFGen Twitch and then be in charge of autohosting priority. Then it is just a matter of em embedding the twitch page into our front page.

Next, while all of this stuff is what you will eventually want to grab, I'd suggest you start small. I started with an Elgato card (-100$), a cheap webcam (sub 20$), and a PC headset (-60$). I already had all of it except the capture card too! You can build in upgrades over time.

If you dump a lot of money into streaming (which you can...and fast) you may find that you don't like it, and now have a large pile of AV equipment you have no use for.

I say, if you want to try it, start small. Don't worry about having a perfect stream on day one. It is a learning process, and one that takes a bit of getting associated with.

Most important: do what works for you, not what people say you need. Don't like what you look like on camera? Don't use one. Not willing to shell out the money for condenser mics and mixing boards? Use another mic. The important parts is that you get the product you want over the Interwebs so other people can see and hang out with you.

Also, I'm currently streaming on twitch.tv/legendsoftheinterwebs Wednesday 7-9EST. Playing Pokemon Gold for the first time as of the time of this post.

/Rant

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 09:22:44 AM »

We can make an rfgen team, it would have a list of everyone in it... but we have to have someone partnered

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 09:26:11 AM »

@douglie007: A nice 3X scale. Are you using the FBX profiles?
I do, he makes some good profiles

NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »

We can make an rfgen team, it would have a list of everyone in it... but we have to have someone partnered
Do we need to be partnered to just have a channel that we use just for autohosting?

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »

Do we need to be partnered to just have a channel that we use just for autohosting?

No you can set any channel for Auto host but if you have a team or Community page it can show you all the streamers that is part of that on one page we could also just have a bullet under each one of our twitch Pages showing everyone else's page

NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »

No you can set any channel for Auto host but if you have a team or Community page it can show you all the streamers that is part of that on one page we could also just have a bullet under each one of our twitch Pages showing everyone else's page
Let's see if we can at least start up with an account for the front page. We can try and talk to the admins and see how hard it would be to implement that as a feature for the site. I'm sure that if we get it off the ground, it'll skyrocket in no time!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 08:37:26 AM »

@douglie007: Nice! I need to download the newest and try out the PS2 profile again. I want to see how the FM deinterlaces 480i and the improved gamma boost.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »

Does Twitch provide software for streaming, or does everyone use different clients to accomplish that?  If it's the latter, what does everyone use for their streams?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »

@MetalFRO: I know a lot of people use OBS.

https://obsproject.com/

NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »

@MetalFRO: I know a lot of people use OBS.

https://obsproject.com/
OBS Studio has come a LONG way to making streaming quite accessable. Being free means that more people are using it, and as such there are plenty of resources you can access, not least of which are your fellow RFGeners who have been using it.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 02:06:53 PM »

https://www.tomsguide.com...to-twitch,news-21077.html

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »

Thanks for this link, Addicted!  I might have to seriously think about doing this, since I have much of what I would need already to do decent Game Boy streams, minus a capture device.

NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »

Thanks for this link, Addicted!  I might have to seriously think about doing this, since I have much of what I would need already to do decent Game Boy streams, minus a capture device.
I know people hate it, but the Retron5 has been a super simple solution for retro game capture. Otherwise, using a Super Game Boy or a Game Boy Player will get you decent portable footage through a capture card.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »

I know people hate it, but the Retron5 has been a super simple solution for retro game capture. Otherwise, using a Super Game Boy or a Game Boy Player will get you decent portable footage through a capture card.

I want to be able to stream Super Game Boy compatible games with those specific features, so assuming the Retron 5 works with the SGB or SGB2, that could be viable.  I'm giving serious consideration to the Analogue Super NT as well.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length