RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February 2021 Playthrough - NES Disney Capcom Titles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: February 2021 Playthrough - NES Disney Capcom Titles  (Read 15663 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2021, 08:52:36 AM »

Since I'm in my second snow day in a row, I decided to take a crack at Chip and Mermaid. Beat them both with game genie codes. You guys know me, I'm not going to waste my time bashing my head against games like these. I definitely enjoyed Mermaid a lot more. It's a shoot em up with puzzle elements. Never figured out what to do with the barrels. Chip and Dale seemed pretty sadistic to me. I am so far removed from old school platformers like this and I'm okay with that.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2021, 06:55:36 PM »

Since I'm in my second snow day in a row, I decided to take a crack at Chip and Mermaid. Beat them both with game genie codes. You guys know me, I'm not going to waste my time bashing my head against games like these. I definitely enjoyed Mermaid a lot more. It's a shoot em up with puzzle elements. Never figured out what to do with the barrels. Chip and Dale seemed pretty sadistic to me. I am so far removed from old school platformers like this and I'm okay with that.

You should at least give these games the ole college try if you didn't already.  If you can finish DuckTales, these games are a breeze.  They certainly aren't the "Get Guud" games of that era.

You can actually shoot the barrels to get them rolling (I think you have to have your "weapon" powered up enough though).  In most instances, these bump into and open chests instead of having to throw shells at them.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2021, 07:31:20 PM »

Finally cracked down and spent some time on Little Mermaid. It was as easy as I remember, and most of the time I was just holding the B button and swimming through each area as fast as I could. I also agree with those who have said the 2nd to last boss fight is the hardest.

I'm trying to entice my daughter to give it more of a try. She doesn't game with the quick reflexes needed for a lot of the NES games, so this game hopefully will get her more used to the style.
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2021, 11:17:20 PM »

Been trying for a week to complete Ducktales on Normal. Finally broke through tonight with a score of 8,850,000. Played on both the NES and the Disney Afternoon Collection for PS4. For whatever reason, the NES controls seem a tad more crisp. Don't know if that's due to wireless vs wired.

Didn't play it for the challenge, but I have completed Ducktales Remastered for PS3, and after playing through the original again, it makes me really appreciate how well the remaster was made. Full disclosure, I grew up as a huge Ducktales fan, so just about anything Ducktales related comes across as glass half-full, but to have the cell-drawn look alongside the original voice cast was an amazing addition, especially considering the voice of Scrooge died not long after making the game (at age 96 no less)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2021, 11:04:17 AM »

So on our podcast, we always feature a Question of the Month that we read on the air. I hope you guys will chime in before we record this weekend:

⏰ QUESTION OF THE MONTH ⏰

What Disney film/franchise that was never made into a video game would you like to see made?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2021, 12:31:04 PM »

So on our podcast, we always feature a Question of the Month that we read on the air. I hope you guys will chime in before we record this weekend:

⏰ QUESTION OF THE MONTH ⏰

What Disney film/franchise that was never made into a video game would you like to see made?

While there were games that were made from the Tim Burton/Live action adaptation, I would like to see a video game based off of the original Alice in Wonderland from 1951. Since the film is so old I doubt a game will ever come out, but I feel that with its many settings and interesting characters, Alice in Wonderland would have been an amazing Disney Capcom platformer.   

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2021, 08:54:49 AM »

I didn't finish Ariel but I have to go with duck tales, RR then Ariel.  Sorry l haven't has time to participate more in the posts. Life and all

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length