RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:29:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | For all you Halo fans out there... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: For all you Halo fans out there...  (Read 8452 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2005, 12:47:26 PM »

Nice new avatar.   laugh laugh laugh

I think the XBox has a lot of good games.

Do you hate Sony as much as you do Microsoft? They are both guilty of teh same things.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2005, 01:06:36 PM »

*sigh*

Damn you Microsoft for making a system that actually had everything it promised. Damn you Microsft for bringing online gameing to the console (big time)

Look , the Xbox can be a great system. But thats not what this thread was supposed to be about.... ?

Was it  Huh

And damn you Microsoft for bringing me back into a thread I no longer felt I wanted to post in  :pissed:

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2005, 01:19:18 PM »

Do you hate Sony as much as you do Microsoft? They are both guilty of teh same things.

Yeah, they are, but PS2 has a lot of great games that Xbox doesn't have.  I.E. Kingdom Hearts, R-Type Final, all the Guncon 2 games, lots of traditional/strategy RPG's, etc.  Of course, Sony made the PSP, which is a shoddily made piece of crap with only a couple good (IMO) games.  I will never be getting a PSP unless they release a new, more durable model and a lot more games that don't suck.  Then again, the part about the games is just a matter of opinion.

- CFB

- Zac
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2005, 02:51:49 PM »

Then again, the part about the games is just a matter of opinion.

- CFB

So then why the avatar change? If it's truly a matter of opinion, then you shouldn't be so biased, right?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2005, 02:57:19 PM »

Yeah, they are, but PS2 has a lot of great games that Xbox doesn't have.  I.E. Kingdom Hearts, R-Type Final, all the Guncon 2 games, lots of traditional/strategy RPG's, etc.  Of course, Sony made the PSP, which is a shoddily made piece of crap with only a couple good (IMO) games.  I will never be getting a PSP unless they release a new, more durable model and a lot more games that don't suck.  Then again, the part about the games is just a matter of opinion.

- CFB

But arent you going on about inovation? How is a tradition RPG inovative? R-Type? Isnt that just a shooter?

As for as I am concerned both system have good games that you can't get on the other system. Hell that goes for all three current gen systems.

Nintendo - Zelda and Mario
PS2 - Crap load of RPG's
X-Box - Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Forza

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2005, 02:58:02 PM »

*sigh*

Damn you Microsoft for making a system that actually had everything it promised. Damn you Microsft for bringing online gameing to the console (big time)

Look , the Xbox can be a great system. But thats not what this thread was supposed to be about.... ?

Was it  Huh

And damn you Microsoft for bringing me back into a thread I no longer felt I wanted to post in  :pissed:

What are you so pissed? Nothing is personal until now you JACK ASS!!!!!  Wink

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2005, 03:17:10 PM »

What are you so pissed? Nothing is personal until now you JACK ASS!!!!!  Wink

Ah... you sense my sarcasm so well young grass hopper  Tongue

I blame it on the Xbox. It wieghs so much that the earth has been thrown off its axis causing me to act like this  Wink

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2005, 03:26:59 PM »

Definition
Opinion - 2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge

I have said this MANY MANY times befor.
its not about the CONSOLES it is about the GAMES!
(nearly)Every console has some games that are good. No matter how few.

What in the hell does it accomplish to bash the console but then say you like some of the games on it.
Or bash a console you actualy have never played or have played very little?
Or bash a console simply because of the company producing it?

You say the PSP games suck but how many of them have you ACTUALLY PLAYED!?!?
I have ever even used a PSP or are you ju8st saying it sucks because you read about it sucking?

Personally i think the Xbox has done a DAMN good job. It is Microsofts first attempt at a gaming console and they wiped out an old timer and held steady with another giant.

From the launch Xbox was criticized for having shitty games, all sports titles, huge controller, huge systems, etc.
Since the titles have become more diverse it is now crapped on for having alot of M rated games and Halo being overrated and fanboys and blah freaking blah

Honestly CFB you know i don't dislike you infact we frequently have talked on AIM but your really starting to sound like an ass.

As for PS2 having lots of great games Xbox doesn't
PS2 has more than 2x as many games out for it as Xbox does.
Also i am prety sure there is at least 1 xbox game that uses a gun

Why don't you hate GCN for having so few good games?
Or just having so few games in general?
What about it having hardly any Gun games and non that even use a Gun(that i know of)
Or it having no "traditional" rpgs (that i can thnk of... again)?

And not having Kingdom Hearts or R-Type Final?

And every company is in buisness to make money(what a shocker!!!)
There is no buisness out there for charity.
hen you find out sony or nintendo is seling these consols and games and giving the money all away please let me know. I would love to see how long the company stayed alive.

And as for money making Nintendo is the worst by a long shot with all there shitty and mostly useless peripherals you NEED for one game that chances are will be poorly integrated.
Sony isn't as bad.

If anything you would know MS is the stupidest because they have been taking in NET LOSSES on the Xbox.
And they had integrated the harddrive and ethernet. Unlike Sony and Nintendo that sold them seperately for 20-30$ for memory cards and 50$+ for broadband and 100$ for the PS2 harddrive.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2005, 04:43:25 PM »

I basicaly agree with everything he says. Face it, halo is overrated, the only reason I think it is so popular because it was the only GOOD launch game the system had, and it created a large fanboy user base.

Halo by no means deserves a 0...thats just ridiculous. If I were reviewing it I would give it about a 7. Its an average shooter, nothing I have never seen before. Its just way overrated...seriously...
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2005, 06:14:27 PM »

Because it doesn't have "so few good games."  I happen to think that, in terms of the ratio of good to bad, GCN's library is the best by far.  But once again, it's a matter of opinion.  Everything I've said is a matter of opinion, so please don't take it so personally.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I am of the opinion that Microsoft is not that great of a company.  If you think Nintendo sucks or you think Sega sucks or you think Sony sucks or whatever, you still have the right to state and defend your opinion, which is what we've been doing this whole time.  Never have I made a personal attack on any of you.  Now, if you think that an attack on Microsoft is an attack on you, that's your problem, but that is not what I intended this to be.  It's fine that you disagree with me, but that still doesn't give you the right to call me an "ass."

If I offended anyone (which I'm pretty sure I did), I want to apologize and let you all know that I did not intend for this to happen.  If someone who has the ability to lock this thread wishes to do so, go for it.  It's just creating problems now...

- CFB
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 07:33:41 PM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2005, 06:29:08 PM »

Definition
Opinion - 2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge

Or just having so few games in general?
What about it having hardly any Gun games and non that even use a Gun(that i know of)
Or it having no "traditional" rpgs (that i can thnk of... again)?

Please, the Gamecube has so few good games? What the hell have I bought with my money? Crap? Oh nooos, I guess I should sell Metroid, Animal Crossing, Viewtiful Joe, Zelda, Super Smash Bros,  Donkey Konga, etc., and I should convince my brother to rid our abode of Resident Evil 4, Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos as well.

I know you were trying to refute something but it sure is fun to attack this statement. I think I will leave it alone, as the comment is an opinion, and we are all entitled to one.
nod

As for Halo, not a big fan of First Person Shooters. Personally I spend my time rolling katamaris, making citys, or beating drums. It may be a good game, but is it truly innovative? No, I would think that it is not. Not everything can be a GoldenEye.  shrug

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2005, 07:29:16 PM »

Halo by no means deserves a 0...thats just ridiculous. If I were reviewing it I would give it about a 7. Its an average shooter, nothing I have never seen before. Its just way overrated...seriously...

Is that a 1-14 scale? 1-10 scale 5 would be average  Wink Wink

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2005, 07:32:03 PM »

Sega sucks

hey hey hey watch that kind of talk boy.  Wink

Cap and Iz you two calm down.

Hey lets all see "Why can't we be friends"

I love you guys!  Cry

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2005, 07:40:09 PM »

hey hey hey watch that kind of talk boy.  Wink

Hey, now, that was just an example.  Completely impossible, but an example nonetheless. Wink

- Zac
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2005, 11:11:33 PM »

CFB , you did not offend me. Its just I thought your thinking on the Xbox is a little close minded because you hate Microsoft.

You still rock though  Wink

Just thought I would point out that the Xbox is easy to mod , is great for emulation and such and can do a ton of other great things  Cheesy

Also , I am pretty sure nobody hates you  Tongue
You expressed your opinion...Thats all.

People are free to agree or disagree with it.  Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length