RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:46:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions!  (Read 78589 times)
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »

My wife was easy and I was hard. uh... wait, that didn't come out right.

Needed to be repeated.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2006, 08:57:13 PM »

I agree. That's my chuckle of the day.

/Goes back to Guitar Hero.

Hello World.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2006, 09:28:04 AM »

Knocked off 3 more this morning on hard. Madhouse, Carry Me Home and Laid To Rest. Now we're getting tough. Laid To Rest took a couple tries, Carry Me Home about 6.

I also tried Psychobilly Freakout. That one is going to be a serious challenge. I tries practice mode at a slower speed and it mesed me up even more. I think I need to go back and try this one at the easier levels to get more familiar with it. I guess that means I gotta play though those levels now.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2006, 06:55:07 AM »

okay, I beat Psychobilly Freakout last night. damn that one was hard. The encore for that group of songs is YYZ.

that one is going to be tough too.

Tan
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2006, 12:51:22 PM »

"Free bird" made my arm go numb  Tongue
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »

Whoever covered the vocals in "Laid to Rest" did a really shitty job.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2006, 06:10:45 PM »

Got past YYZ. I played the last group a few times and didn't beat any. I got 80% through Hangar 18.

Tan
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2006, 10:00:46 PM »

It'll be a while before i step into expert on this one, hard is giving me a helluva time as it is.  Tongue

Co-op sure is fun though, I find rhythm guitar much more fun than bass, is it just me or does the bass during co-op have a lower volume than the track does in solo mode? Or maybe lead is made louder I'm not sure, but it seems to get drowned out allot, whereas rhythm blends in very nicely.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2006, 01:49:07 PM »

I beat hard mode, and I got 5 stars on everything but level 6 songs and above.  Some of those songs I don't know if I'll ever get 5 stars on, but damn it I'm going to try.

Also here is my list of songs that make me angry everytime I play them.

Stop - I don't even have any desire to play this song again to get 5 stars.  Not because it's too hard, but because the song fucking sucks

Killing in the Name - What?  How the Hell did this song make the cut?  I need to write a letter.  You know what, you can just count all the songs in this group as shitty.  None of them are any good.  Last Child.  That's the best Aerosmith song they could come up with?

Institutionalized - Not only is this song retarded hard, but it makes me cry a little bit when I think that somewhere out there right now, somebody actually enjoys this song.  Mankind is lost.

Freya - Here's a change.  I actually don't mind the song.  Not exactly my cup of tea, but not bad.  The thing is there is a stretch in this song that bores me to tears everytime I play it.  I can't tell you what it is because the memory of playing it is to painful and I've put a wall around it to keep from collapsing into an uncontrollable mess.

Made In Mexico - These fuckers made the cut AGAIN???  Are you fucking kidding me?Huh

and now the ones that kind of caught me by suprise as to how fun they are

Madhouse - For some reason, this one suprised me.  I guess I just never saw Scott Ian as all that special compared to other guitarists.  But I'm starting to change my mind.  This song is unrelenting and a blast to play.

Carry Me Home - This is another unrelenting song that is just fun to play.  I have never even heard of this song before this game.  Very nice suprise.

Girlfriend - This song isn't all that hard, but I love the fills that are thrown in here and there.  Keeps you on your toes while you're playing it and keeps it from getting boring

Monkeywrench - Play it on expert.  It looks really chaotic, but it actually has a managable chord structure.  If only my arm didn't go numb halfway through the song.  Grin

That's all for now.  I'm going to start expert mode when I get home today, so I'll probably have more to write about later
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »

dude Institutionalized is a great song. It's on the Repo Man Soundtrack and I had that puppy in the cassette deck of my car (actually a cassette adapter in the 8-Track player) almost non-stop when I was in high school.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2006, 06:56:39 PM »

Maybe I'm just not giving it enough of a chance, but I just can't see the appeal of that song.  The only redeeming quality of it is that the guitarist has some serious chops, but there doesn't seem to be any semblance of cohesion in what he's playing.

In other news, I decided to try for 5 stars on all of the songs on hard.  Yesterday I got 5 on Stop, Rock this Town, and Carry Me Home.  I still have 2 or 3 songs on the next to hardest difficulty and all of the songs on the hardest difficulty.
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2006, 09:05:46 AM »

I got 5 stars on YYZ, Beast and the Harlot, and Freebird yesterday.  5 more songs to go.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »

My wife was easy and I was hard. uh... wait, that didn't come out right.

Needed to be repeated.

Yes it does. Thats a classic line.

When doe sthe 360 version come out?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »

Did anyone see the news that MTV bought the developer Harmonix's? Makes me think that GH 3 will suck complete ass with watered down shit music.

Tan
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »

Did anyone see the news that MTV bought the developer Harmonix's? Makes me think that GH 3 will suck complete ass with watered down shit music.

You mean MTV still has enough of it's former self to even know what watered down shit music is?  Owned!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length