RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 04:59:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions!  (Read 78901 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2007, 03:23:35 PM »

You're right. And beyond pinky agility, I have to develop the ability to slide down from chord to chord, and then back up to green. I think it would've helped if they would've made a mode between hard and medium...just to deal with the speed difference.

I'm still getting used to hammer-ons and pull-offs on Medium difficulty! Got a long way to go...

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #361 on: April 16, 2007, 06:21:32 AM »

Finally 5-starred YYZ on Medium. Got 6 songs left.

Also got the 200K points in a song achievement on Free Bird. 213K still only got me 4 stars, though.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #362 on: April 16, 2007, 09:28:46 PM »

Check this out.

http://www.gamespot.com/n...mp;tag=latestnews;title;0

Looks like they're making a strong push at ACDC, LedZep, and Metallica...

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #363 on: April 16, 2007, 09:56:31 PM »

Screw ACDC & LedZep I want Metallica and SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!

Tan
« Reply #364 on: April 16, 2007, 10:03:27 PM »

Check this out.

http://www.gamespot.com/n...mp;tag=latestnews;title;0

Looks like they're making a strong push at ACDC, LedZep, and Metallica...

As much as I'd love to have Zep and AC/DC, I'm doubful they could do justice to the voices of Robert Plant or Bon Scott/Brian Johnson with their cover artists.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #365 on: April 16, 2007, 10:16:09 PM »

You never know. Remember the band Kingdom Come? Their frontman sounded a LOT like Plant.

Tan
« Reply #366 on: April 16, 2007, 10:43:51 PM »

You never know. Remember the band Kingdom Come? Their frontman sounded a LOT like Plant.

It's not so much finding someone who sounds like Plant, but more about finding someone who's more than just a fine clinical player. The studio artists used in GH are just that: studio artists. If they had that extra bit that makes someone a rockstar they wouldn't be working as cover artists and players for wages or salaries, they'd be touring in their own bands. None of the cover artists in either GH games can fool anyone with their performances. They are good, but not comparable to the originals.

Besides I'm sure if they got Lenny Wolf to do a track it'd prob be a KC or a Stone Fury one anyway, KC being labeled a Led Zeppelin clone has hampered him for years.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #367 on: April 17, 2007, 09:34:07 AM »

It's not so much finding someone who sounds like Plant, but more about finding someone who's more than just a fine clinical player. The studio artists used in GH are just that: studio artists. If they had that extra bit that makes someone a rockstar they wouldn't be working as cover artists and players for wages or salaries, they'd be touring in their own bands. None of the cover artists in either GH games can fool anyone with their performances. They are good, but not comparable to the originals.

Besides I'm sure if they got Lenny Wolf to do a track it'd prob be a KC or a Stone Fury one anyway, KC being labeled a Led Zeppelin clone has hampered him for years.

I agree 100%. But without the studio artists and song licensing agreements, we wouldn't have Guitar Hero. 

Hopefully, more of the original artists will agree to let their original tracks be added to the game.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #368 on: April 18, 2007, 11:21:11 PM »

5-starred 2 more songs on Medium, Hangar 18 and Psychobilly Freakout...only 3 to go. Also passed 2 more songs on Hard.

DarthKur
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #369 on: April 23, 2007, 09:32:54 AM »

Forgive me for being so "out of it" but how does this actually work? I looked it up on Wikpedia and the official site but neither really presented the detailed logistics of it. All I could gather is that the small plastic instrument seems to have only five or so buttons located where the first few frets would be and a "strum" button where the pickups are located on a real instrument. Granted I have not read through the entire 25 pages of this lengthy thread but you all seem to be very familiar with it. I was hoping someone also wouldn't know what it is and that a dissertation would've been present from way back towards the beginning.
Perhaps a silly question but wouldn't it be more fun and rewarding to acquire an actual guitar and amp? That way you can play whatever you want and you're actually really playing it not just some electronic simulation. Of coarse, being a bass player I would suggest getting a bass instead of a normal six string.  Wink

The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.
Tan
« Reply #370 on: April 23, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »

Forgive me for being so "out of it" but how does this actually work? I looked it up on Wikpedia and the official site but neither really presented the detailed logistics of it. All I could gather is that the small plastic instrument seems to have only five or so buttons located where the first few frets would be and a "strum" button where the pickups are located on a real instrument. Granted I have not read through the entire 25 pages of this lengthy thread but you all seem to be very familiar with it. I was hoping someone also wouldn't know what it is and that a dissertation would've been present from way back towards the beginning.
Perhaps a silly question but wouldn't it be more fun and rewarding to acquire an actual guitar and amp? That way you can play whatever you want and you're actually really playing it not just some electronic simulation. Of coarse, being a bass player I would suggest getting a bass instead of a normal six string.  Wink

I can play guitar also but GH is a completely different challenge believe me. It's a game of reflexes, speed and style for high scores. The "guitar" is about the size of a student guitar or a bit smaller so it's not quite the "little toy" you may think it is. Besides the fret buttons and strummer there's is a whammy bar and also a motion sensor which is used for "star power" as well as a strap.

It's very much a party game and so easy to pick up and play it takes little practice. You can also use a dual-analog controller but that defeats the purpose of it. Unless your also going to belt out the tune and play at the same time, it's apples and oranges to having a guitar and amp. Even some of the original artists of some of he songs on that game can't even play it properly. Think of it like a DDR type game you can play sitting down or standing up.

Also your performance will dictate the crowds reaction and how the song sounds. Miss a note it sounds terrible, miss too many they boo you off stage, do awesome and the applause turns into a roar of approval. It's an immersive game enviroment as well, with a complete band on stage as well as different venues. You can buy new skins, songs, characters and other stuff with the money you earn for your performances.

* GH.JPG (40.43 KB, 486x446 - viewed 119 times.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:06:59 AM by Tan » Logged
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #371 on: April 23, 2007, 10:15:37 AM »

ya know Tan, your reply could very nearly be copied as is to the game pages for GH1 & 2. flesh it out a bit and we've got a review and or overview.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #372 on: April 23, 2007, 10:31:56 AM »

being a bass player I would suggest getting a bass instead of a normal six string.  Wink

Guitar Hero II lets you play bass through the songs. Also it has a Primus song and if you like the bass you have to like Primus. Les Claypool is the man!

ya know Tan, your reply could very nearly be copied as is to the game pages for GH1 & 2. flesh it out a bit and we've got a review and or overview.

Den is a smart man.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:34:31 AM by Tynstar » Logged

DarthKur
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #373 on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »

I guess I'd have to see it actually being played. Just seems like your choices would be very limited with only those few buttons. Unlike the myriad of positions with actual strings.
And yeah, I usually do sign along while playing. Either out loud or in my head at least.

The world has moved on and left me behind. Therefore I choose to retreat into the past.
Tan
« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2007, 11:53:35 AM »

The main focus of the game is the performance itself, not the technique of playing chords off a tab sheet.  Wink

Do a Youtube search or check this video out:

IGN does Iron Man
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:55:11 AM by Tan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length