RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:03:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407224 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1080 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »

Hi Mike, with those gaming tastes you'll fit right in. See you in the forums!

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1081 on: July 24, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »

There's so many new people. Hopefully they check out out small scores thread here in a couple hours. Foreshadowing hint hint.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #1082 on: July 25, 2014, 02:18:59 AM »

Hi! I'm new to the site. My favorite system is the Atari 2600 actually. I love the retro.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1083 on: July 25, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »

Hi! I'm new to the site. My favorite system is the Atari 2600 actually. I love the retro.

It's at the top of my system list as well. I grew up on the 2600. If you ever have any questions, I may have the answers. Check out Episode 20 of the Collectorcast where I join them to discuss the 2600: http://rfgenerationcollec...2014-02-05T17_11_08-08_00. My blog also has several articles and game reviews for the 2600, including this one: http://www.rfgeneration.c...-Buck-2600-Games-2482.php

Our playthrough group actually played 8 Atari 2600 Activision titles in May and I hope to do a similar playthrough sometime next year. Welcome to the site.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #1084 on: July 25, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »

It's at the top of my system list as well. I grew up on the 2600. If you ever have any questions, I may have the answers. Check out Episode 20 of the Collectorcast where I join them to discuss the 2600: http://rfgenerationcollec...2014-02-05T17_11_08-08_00. My blog also has several articles and game reviews for the 2600, including this one: http://www.rfgeneration.c...-Buck-2600-Games-2482.php

Our playthrough group actually played 8 Atari 2600 Activision titles in May and I hope to do a similar playthrough sometime next year. Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome! I'd love to join a play through sometime!

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

flyingclimber
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1085 on: July 26, 2014, 02:34:59 AM »

Greetings all,

Retro fan located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Big fan of the Sega Genesis, RPG's, and all things I missed out on consoles I didn't own as a kid. Avid collector, JLPT N5 beginning Japanese speaker, and ROM tinkerer. Love coding, scaling, and operations of all things tech and always eager for new challenges.

I've already taken a dive into the RFGeneration app and sent off my first pull request to fix an easy bug

https://github.com/theGrue/RFGeneration/pull/1

Eager to help out more
Lerigan
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1086 on: July 26, 2014, 08:35:59 AM »

Hello! I came to learn about RFgeneration because of a YouTube video from a guy called MetalJesusRocks. I do believe a lot of new people got here the same way, haha.

I'm not as retro as a lot of you guys, but I'm old enough to have had to use an RF adapter on my TV in order to use consoles, and I never touched a PC game until 2011. Not that I had anything against them; I just never had a computer that could run anything until that year.

Anyway, I'm not really a hardcore collector. I just like games very much, so throughout the years I've ended up with enough of 'em to feel the need to catalogue them, and this here is a nifty tool to organize one's inventory. Metal Gear Solid is my absolute favorite series ever, Left 4 Dead is my favorite FPS, Chrono Trigger takes the cake when it comes to RPGs, Resident Evil 2 is my nostalgic survival-horror sweetheart, and Super Meat Boy could very well be my favorite game to sprout from the indie lands.

Pleased to meet you, guys.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1087 on: July 26, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »

Welcome aboard flyingclimber and Lerigan!

Thanks for helping with the app flyingclimber. We are the type of community where the contributions of all users make the site what it is.

Lerigan, you'll find folks from the full spectrum here, from dedicated collector to casual gamer. Be sure to jump into the forums!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1088 on: July 26, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »

Hey now,

Greetings all,

Retro fan located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Big fan of the Sega Genesis, RPG's, and all things I missed out on consoles I didn't own as a kid. Avid collector, JLPT N5 beginning Japanese speaker, and ROM tinkerer. Love coding, scaling, and operations of all things tech and always eager for new challenges.

I've already taken a dive into the RFGeneration app and sent off my first pull request to fix an easy bug

https://github.com/theGrue/RFGeneration/pull/1

Eager to help out more

[yodaspeak]To RF Generation welcome![/yodaspeak]

I'm based in the Silicon Valley, myself. Couldn't code or fix technological-type stuff to save my life, though, which makes me an oddity 'round my neck of the woods. Actually, I'm an oddity, period; just ask any one of my RF Generation colleagues, he'll tell ya...

'Late
Squared Circle Gaming
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1089 on: July 26, 2014, 08:32:46 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Michael. I found out about RF Generation through a Youtube video and a few days ago I started using the collection tools and have been impressed with the site so far.

I have been playing video games for almost my entire life. I currently have around eleven systems and close to three hundred games, at least according to my collection posted on here, I may have forgotten some. The first game system that I ever played was a NES, but the first console that I had for an extended period of time was my Super Nintendo.

Sometime a little over a decade ago I sold nearly all of my games except for my PS2, and I am now trying to get those games that I used to have back and hopefully discover some games for those systems that I have since regained.

I also write a gaming related blog, called Squared Circle Gaming which is available at http://squaredcirclegaming.blogspot.com/ and will also hopefully start doing some Youtube videos soon.

I look forward to discussing games on here, and am happy to meet everyone.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:37:19 PM by Squared Circle Gaming » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1090 on: July 26, 2014, 08:48:43 PM »

Welcome all!

Hello! I came to learn about RFgeneration because of a YouTube video from a guy called MetalJesusRocks. I do believe a lot of new people got here the same way, haha.

I'm not as retro as a lot of you guys, but I'm old enough to have had to use an RF adapter on my TV in order to use consoles, and I never touched a PC game until 2011. Not that I had anything against them; I just never had a computer that could run anything until that year.

Anyway, I'm not really a hardcore collector. I just like games very much, so throughout the years I've ended up with enough of 'em to feel the need to catalogue them, and this here is a nifty tool to organize one's inventory. Metal Gear Solid is my absolute favorite series ever, Left 4 Dead is my favorite FPS, Chrono Trigger takes the cake when it comes to RPGs, Resident Evil 2 is my nostalgic survival-horror sweetheart, and Super Meat Boy could very well be my favorite game to sprout from the indie lands.

Pleased to meet you, guys.

We're just wrapping up a community playthrough for Chrono Trigger this month!

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1091 on: July 27, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Michael. I found out about RF Generation through a Youtube video and a few days ago I started using the collection tools and have been impressed with the site so far.

I have been playing video games for almost my entire life. I currently have around eleven systems and close to three hundred games, at least according to my collection posted on here, I may have forgotten some. The first game system that I ever played was a NES, but the first console that I had for an extended period of time was my Super Nintendo.

Sometime a little over a decade ago I sold nearly all of my games except for my PS2, and I am now trying to get those games that I used to have back and hopefully discover some games for those systems that I have since regained.

I also write a gaming related blog, called Squared Circle Gaming which is available at http://squaredcirclegaming.blogspot.com/ and will also hopefully start doing some Youtube videos soon.

I look forward to discussing games on here, and am happy to meet everyone.

Welcome!  I personally think rediscovering those forgotten games is almost as great as finding them the first time.

*sigh*

I love audit day.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
BulbasaurWarCry
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1092 on: July 27, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »

Hey guys and gals. My name is Andrew, I live in the US, and I move 737 jets around for a living. I found out about this site through an article written by David Heineman on Kotaku. I intend to use it mainly to document my collection so I can track my backlog of games a bit better, but I just created an account, so who knows where this will take me.

I've been playing games ever since my mom rented me a Super Nintendo when I was three years old. My collection isn't nearly as robust as it once was, as last year I was robbed of almost everything I had collected since a child, but with the insurance money I was able to replace some of it. I've owned every nintendo system at some point, and hopefully I will again.

The Super Nintendo is my favorite system (reasons being a mix of nostalgia, love for RPGs and love for platformers). I usually bust it out once a year and play through several favorite titles.  I just bought a Wii U and that is my current obsession.

Looking forward to using the site and talking to all of you.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1093 on: July 27, 2014, 01:47:48 PM »

welcome bulbasaurwarcry! by move around 737s i'm assuming you're a pilot, me too, though just lowly Cessna 172s with my private license Smiley
BulbasaurWarCry
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1094 on: July 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM »

welcome bulbasaurwarcry! by move around 737s i'm assuming you're a pilot, me too, though just lowly Cessna 172s with my private license Smiley

Ha, no but I've always wanted to be one. You operate aircraft at a way cooler level than I do. I push them around in a tug at North Boeing Field in Seattle, take them in and out of paint hangers and move them to stall to stall. Its fun, challenging too.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length