RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2019, 03:49:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 183422 times)
polykill_trav
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1425 on: April 03, 2019, 07:55:26 AM »

Hello. I'm Travis (@travplaysgames). I co-host the Polykill Podcast and have a NES dedicated YouTube channel called NESfriend. (youtube.com/nesfriend)

I've been aware of RFGen for a while but digging in more and more now and trying to embrace the community some. Cheers!

/s
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1426 on: April 03, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »

Hey, new to the site! You can just call me Hiro.

I'm a big SHMUP fan and am here by way of stumbling upon the Shoot the Core podcast. Despite loving the genre I find I have a hard time keeping up with playing because there's no drive there beyond dabbling now and again. I find I'll play SHMUPs in short bursts then not touch any for months. None of my local friends are into STG type games and I've not had much success turning any of them onto such games. A club that focuses on a game each month seemed like a good way to stop making excuses and indulge that interest more.

Been playing since I was pretty young starting with the NES. My favorite genres are probably RPG's (I love a good story and particularly games with mechanics that allow interesting strategies) and arcade-y type games (particularly SHMUPs and fighting games).

Fun story with my username. Growing up I was lucky to have a Sega CD. I became enamored with the game Lunar and particularly its sequel Lunar 2 Eternal Blue whose protagonist is named Hiro. Around the time of the PS2, with a friend I really started to delve deep into all the RPG's I had missed out on from the NES era. In so many of those games, you needed a very short usually four or five letter name for your character. Hiro was the first thing that came to mind that could always make it under the limit. After using it so much, it became my default name if a game asked for one and didn't have some canon name for the main character. Not sure that I could stop using it at this point.

Hey Hiro!! Great game to take a name from. Lunar 2 still stands as one of my favorites.

Hello. I'm Travis (@travplaysgames). I co-host the Polykill Podcast and have a NES dedicated YouTube channel called NESfriend. (youtube.com/nesfriend)

I've been aware of RFGen for a while but digging in more and more now and trying to embrace the community some. Cheers!

Just checked out a couple of your videos and subbed. I like what you've got going on.  We are doing a little challenge here this year as a community to beat every north american licensed NES game in 2019. Check out the thread and help us take down a few games!

http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=18893.0

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1427 on: April 03, 2019, 09:24:58 AM »

Hey, new to the site! You can just call me Hiro.

I'm a big SHMUP fan and am here by way of stumbling upon the Shoot the Core podcast. Despite loving the genre I find I have a hard time keeping up with playing because there's no drive there beyond dabbling now and again. I find I'll play SHMUPs in short bursts then not touch any for months. None of my local friends are into STG type games and I've not had much success turning any of them onto such games. A club that focuses on a game each month seemed like a good way to stop making excuses and indulge that interest more.

Been playing since I was pretty young starting with the NES. My favorite genres are probably RPG's (I love a good story and particularly games with mechanics that allow interesting strategies) and arcade-y type games (particularly SHMUPs and fighting games).

Fun story with my username. Growing up I was lucky to have a Sega CD. I became enamored with the game Lunar and particularly its sequel Lunar 2 Eternal Blue whose protagonist is named Hiro. Around the time of the PS2, with a friend I really started to delve deep into all the RPG's I had missed out on from the NES era. In so many of those games, you needed a very short usually four or five letter name for your character. Hiro was the first thing that came to mind that could always make it under the limit. After using it so much, it became my default name if a game asked for one and didn't have some canon name for the main character. Not sure that I could stop using it at this point.

Welcome, Hiro! So glad you found the site via Shoot the Core-cast! We would definitely love to have you participating in the Shmup Club. It's a great way to dabble in a shooter here and there, find what you like, and put some time into it, without having to dedicate too much time to any one game. Plus, we try to mix it up, and keep things fresh, by changing the type of shooter we play from month to month, so things don't get stale. Hopefully, we'll see you participate with us soon Cheesy

Also, Lunar 2 is great! I don't have experience with the Sega CD original, but after playing through the PlayStation remake of the original game, I got Lunar 2 as a birthday gift, and over the next month or so, I devoured it. I played through it again a few years ago, and it's still a great game.

Welcome to the site! As Crabmaster2000 said, you should definitely think about jumping into the NES Challenge, and take down a few games with us. I'll check out your channel as well Smiley

HiroTsukasa
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1428 on: April 03, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »

Welcome to RFG, Hiro. We're all a friendly bunch here, so feel free to hop into the forums!

Thanks! Beyond gaming, I'm a huge manga/anime fan as well. Golgo 13 is a true classic.

I started using "Aran" for practically every game name  for similar reasons. Now I switch between Aran and Raidou.

Nice, glad to know I'm not the only one who does that.

Hey Hiro!! Great game to take a name from. Lunar 2 still stands as one of my favorites.

Thanks for the welcome! And I agree, Lunar 2 is one I have to revisit quite often. Just wish it could have endured on as a franchise. Between it and Suikoden I have a bad habit of falling in love with RPG series that taper off into nothing.

Welcome, Hiro! So glad you found the site via Shoot the Core-cast! We would definitely love to have you participating in the Shmup Club. It's a great way to dabble in a shooter here and there, find what you like, and put some time into it, without having to dedicate too much time to any one game. Plus, we try to mix it up, and keep things fresh, by changing the type of shooter we play from month to month, so things don't get stale. Hopefully, we'll see you participate with us soon Cheesy

Also, Lunar 2 is great! I don't have experience with the Sega CD original, but after playing through the PlayStation remake of the original game, I got Lunar 2 as a birthday gift, and over the next month or so, I devoured it. I played through it again a few years ago, and it's still a great game.

Thanks, I'll be sure to pop over to the latest SHMUP Club thread when I get a chance. While I have a lot of nostalgia for the Sega CD just from growing up with it, you're not missing much. I think overall the PSX remakes for both Lunar games were improvements across the board. I was blown away the first time I played each one being able to compare back.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length