RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:51:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407215 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #585 on: March 05, 2009, 03:21:18 PM »

Howdy all!

fatlittlenick
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #586 on: March 10, 2009, 02:58:41 AM »

Hello, I'll introduce myself now that I'm a member of this great site and forum:

My name's Nick, I am 18 years old, I live in Hobart, Australia and I have just recently started a BVC (Bachelor of Visual Communications) at UTAS Art School.

I didn't go 'retro' in my video games 'till 2007 (grade 11) when in April if i remember i Bought a NES from ebay, then a Mega Drive in June, then another NES (complete and in mint cond. Action Set, so awesome) in June/July) Then a SNES in Early 2008. I originally had a SNES from the age of 8 to 12, but I gave it away to a friend who's Mum soon gave it away to someone else. Man i was pissed! Though it's my fault for giving it away in the first place >_>

Check out my website when your not busy, below (in my signature area) which has a few bits of my artwork in it. Its in 'Beta' form btw, so don't expect anything flashy or finished.

Thanks everyone.

My online portfolio --> http://www.nicholaskirkham.com
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #587 on: March 10, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

Hello Nick and welcome to RFG! Smiley

Nice artwork, btw, really impressive! nod
fatlittlenick
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #588 on: March 10, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »

Hello Nick and welcome to RFG! Smiley

Nice artwork, btw, really impressive! nod

Thank you, Sirgin.

My online portfolio --> http://www.nicholaskirkham.com
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #589 on: March 22, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »

Hi i'm a (read: THE) froggin ashbowl! i started a blog so i can fool myself into thinking i'm contributing to gaming culture in general haaaaaaa! read it, like it, comment on it, but dont try to grade it ok?

uuuuum, the only system i have is a 360 w/ my gamertag being froggin ashbowl. just dont send me friend requests unless you and I have ACTUALLY played together. too many ppl i never met w/ inferior noob-like scores wanting to be my friend cuz i've been playing a certain game longer than they have. worst part is...eh u know what? that'll be part of next blog entry. anyways, i've been playing games most of my life. right now i play Left4Dead, FFXI online, and Fallout 3. cya, and remember- "may the sap of his wisdom guide you"  laugh
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #590 on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »

Hello froggin ashbowl and welcome to RFG. Smiley

Congratulations on starting a blog, I'm sure it'll be interesting to read. Smiley

You might want to pay a little more attention to your grammer though... In all honesty, it's quite hard to read what you're writing. Wink

froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #591 on: March 22, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »

yea i've heard from a 360 buddy regarding proper grammar. texting habits,lack of writing and posting in general contribute to what u see now
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:12:16 PM by froggin ashbowl » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #592 on: March 22, 2009, 04:37:54 PM »

yea i've heard from a 360 buddy regarding proper grammer. texting habits,lack of writing and posting in general contribute to what u see now
Well surely you must know that it's "you" instead of "u" and "I" instead of "i".

Or aren't U.S. schools teaching basic English anymore?
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #593 on: March 22, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

yea i've heard from a 360 buddy regarding proper grammer. texting habits,lack of writing and posting in general contribute to what u see now
Well surely you must know that it's "you" instead of "u" and "I" instead of "i".

Or aren't U.S. schools teaching basic English anymore?

Now i regret even explaining since you chose not to really comprehend. Who made you the grammatical polizei?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #594 on: March 22, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »

Now i regret even explaining since you chose not to really comprehend.
There's nothing to comprehend. On a forum, where the only means of communication is the written word, proper grammer is a basic sign of respect towards your fellow posters. Assuming you're sitting infront of a computer/laptop, you have a decent keyboard at your desposal which allows for easy access to all capital letters. When you're here, you're probably not playing a game either, so there's no need to rush things.

I have absolutely nothing against you personally, I just wouldn't like to read things like "i kno but u said 2 me wht he thinks is cool and cuz u think its cool i think so too." Smiley

froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #595 on: March 22, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

That example you gave was an exaggeration and also, I realized it's "grammar" not grammer. Do you think we can stop now?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #596 on: March 22, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »

That example you gave was an exaggeration and also, I realized it's "grammar" not grammer. Do you think we can stop now?
I think we can. And thanks for correcting me, it's not always easy to write everything correctly, for a person that didn't grew up speaking English like myself. Luckily for me, this site is filled with native English speakers. My English vocabulary is expanding daily. Smiley
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #597 on: March 22, 2009, 06:30:46 PM »

Doesn't the German school system teach English? even though it's the Oxford version?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #598 on: March 22, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »

Doesn't the German school system teach English? even though it's the Oxford version?
I live in Belgium, but yes English is a course during highschool. It only starts in the 3rd year of our highschool though, which is age 14-15.

It wasn't too bad, but there's absolutely no comparison between being brought up in a language and studying it in textbooks two hours per week.

Despite the classes, I must honestly say I've learned most of my English through the TV when I was younger. Unlike many of Belgium's neighboring countries (German or France would be good examples), Belgium TV doesn't dub series and films that are originally in English. Instead, we only get subtitles. I think it's a great thing though, because it allows for the viewers to learn the actual languages instead of hearing (horrible) dubbings in their own language. Smiley
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #599 on: March 22, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »

Wow I had no clue English wasn't your first language Sirgin (even though i should have realized the German flag earlier). Your English is extremely good.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length