RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:27:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407287 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #600 on: March 22, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »

Wow I had no clue English wasn't your first language Sirgin (even though i should have realized the German flag earlier). Your English is extremely good.
Thanks Shimra! I appreciate it. Smiley

It's not a German flag though, it's a Belgium flag. (The difference is slim, I know)

You can check out Madir's profile to see what the German flag looks like. Cheesy

EDIT:

= Belgium
= Germany

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:53:12 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Madir
DB Reviewer
Germany

Stats
« Reply #601 on: March 22, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »

Hi,

I'm Dirk I'm 28 and from Freiberg Germany. I started playing and collecting video games just after the german reunification. It was the Atari 2600. Later I continued with Sega Master System and a lot of PC-Stuff. After a long break I restarted collecting and playing video games in 2005. I started with the Nintendo 64 and since 2007 I began my complete Master System Collection (which still is missing 48 european games and alot of oversea ones).

During the last year alot of Consoles joined my Collection first of all Nintendo DS and Wii, as well as alot of older ones: 3DO, CD-I, Mega Drive, Sega CD, Gamemate, Game Master and Game Gear. And this was the time where I found RF Generation (while searching for a site to track my collection).

I really like collect every console and every game and I'm a very "pedantic" collector too, because every small cover variation has to be in my collection.
And I'm collecting and repairing old GDR computers.

Beside collecting the most time is working at university (hope I get my Ph.D. one day).

Thats it,
Dirk.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:29:34 PM by Madir » Logged
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #602 on: March 22, 2009, 07:50:01 PM »

Hi i'm a (read: THE) froggin ashbowl! i started a blog so i can fool myself into thinking i'm contributing to gaming culture in general haaaaaaa! read it, like it, comment on it, but dont try to grade it ok?

uuuuum, the only system i have is a 360 w/ my gamertag being froggin ashbowl. just dont send me friend requests unless you and I have ACTUALLY played together. too many ppl i never met w/ inferior noob-like scores wanting to be my friend cuz i've been playing a certain game longer than they have. worst part is...eh u know what? that'll be part of next blog entry. anyways, i've been playing games most of my life. right now i play Left4Dead, FFXI online, and Fallout 3. cya, and remember- "may the sap of his wisdom guide you"  laugh

Welcome to the boards froggin ashbowl.

I really like collect every console and every game and I'm a very "pedantic" collector too, because every small cover variation has to be in my collection.

Then you might not want to get started collecting for the Atari 2600. Grin There are so many variations to be had. Welcome to the site Dirk and please post away.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:08:51 PM by atari_wizard » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #603 on: March 22, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »

Welcome all! Madir, we should talk sometime! I love Variants as well! Maybe I can also practice my Deutsch!

Ich liebe Videospielen!!! Cheesy

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2009, 07:17:21 AM »

Welcome to the site, Dirk! (It sounds a bit silly welcoming a staff member. Tongue)
Gamefan
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #605 on: February 14, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »

Good day! I am Fred from Denver, CO and am 36 years old and am just now begining to collect video game consoles and games. I have always enjoyed playing games, just never got around to owning too many. I have all the latest systems (Wii, Xbox360, PS3) and some older ones (Xbox, Dreamcast, Neo Geo AES) but am now interested in getting the older systems. I loev the site and look forward to interacting more!

Thank you!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #606 on: February 19, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »

Welcome aboard Gamefan! I used to read that mag constantly as a kid. Sounds like you'll fit right in, and don't be a stranger on the forums.

No
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #607 on: February 19, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »

Feeling shakey to post considering past experiences on forums but might as well give it a shot.

I'm 23 and I come from England. Sadly don't have very many interests though due to well a lot of things cause me stress.

More of a player (and not a good one either) than a collector, just happens to have a collection ever since I've been playing games since I was about 8 years old with the Mega Drive, maybe even older than that if I can remember playing in the arcades. I found this site by someone called SuperYoshi who is one of the admin staff on a forum, either him or ApolloBoy linking their profile and it does seem like a nice system to list and organise which games that you have.

First time I registered here then a couple of days later the hack happened, waited until it came back up, re-registered and then it disappeared the next day so 3rd time lucky I suppose.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #608 on: February 19, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »

Sorry about the outage, Furnessly. The second time your registration disappeared was due to an unforseen issue in a change that was made to the database, and we didn't have a backup done between the time the site was fixed and you registered that day. :/

Everything should be good to go though now! Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #609 on: February 20, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »

Hello my name is Spencer I'm 23 years old, I live in Livonia, MI. I started seriously collecting games in December 2010. I strictly collect games, no games I own are for sale/trade, I only sell doubles of games/systems locally. I plan on passing my collection down to my children (If I ever have any) My main goal was to collect games for nostalgic reasons but I have somehow amassed way more than I intended to collect for. I love to hunt down games of high value and purchase them for next to nothing. My favorite console is the Sega Genesis. My favorite games are Sonic 2 and Conker's Bad Fur Day
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #610 on: February 21, 2012, 12:04:52 AM »

Welcome Razor Knuckles. Funny how collecting selectively always seems to branch out.

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #611 on: March 09, 2012, 01:44:39 AM »

Hi my name is Andrew.  I'm 20 years old and I'm from Kentucky.  I recently got into seriously collecting retro games and I'm having a great time with it.  I don't have a favorite console, but I'm especially fond of the 16 bit consoles. I'll collect anything cartridge based.  I'm sure I'll branch out into the earlier disc-based systems but right now the Genesis is so much fun.  I'm attempting to complete my 32x collection and have a very good start. 
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #612 on: March 12, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »

Welcome Andrew! It seems like 32x collecting is starting to spread.

kamakazi20012
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2012, 12:42:36 AM »

My name is Michael, I'm enjoying my second marriage of 3 years, and I currently live in Moberly, Missouri.  While I no longer have most of them (would sell off old to gain new), I have had most consoles from the Atari 2600 to PS3.  I have also had a few console computers from the Timex Sinclair 1000, Color Computer 3, Atari 800, Atari 520 ST, Apple IIc, and I still have and use an Atari XEGS.  The only console I have not found yet is a Vectrex and a few others that are out of my reach like SNK consoles.  I am currently attending college for an Associate's Degree in Web Design and Interactive Media through the Art Institutes of Pittsburgh which I'm fixing to start my 4th year this summer.

My current collection consists of mainly hardware:  3 XBOX'es, 4 PlayStations (One is a PSOne), NES, N64, Sega Dreamcast, Atari 2600 Jr, Atari 5200, Game Boy Advance, GameCube and a 360 (rescued from the RRoD and found in the dumpster to our building).  We are currently concentrating on locating Atari consoles and games that we don't yet have.

My favorite games are listed below by systems we have.

Atari 2600:  Vanguard, Space Invaders, Asteroids
Atari 5200:  Star Raiders, Galaxian, Q-Bert, Qix
NES:  PinBot, Guardian Legend, Zanac, Life Force, Castlevania (series), Blaster Master
PSOne:  A-Train, Final Fantasy 7, Gran Turismo series
PS2:  Gran Turismo Series, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero & 3, Final Fantasy X
GameCube:  Hands down...Metroid Prime.
N64:  Conker's Bad Fur Day, Rush series
XBOX:  Forza, Magic Battlegounds, Burnout series, Shenmue II (wish this series was finished)
XBOX 360:  Forza series, Game Room, Dynasty Warriors series
GBA:  Pokemon series

That's pretty much it I think.  Hopefully a classic gaming expo-style event will find its way into my area someday.  But I'm not holding my breath.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2012, 03:38:36 AM »

Welcome again kamakazi20012. It sounds like you will be fitting in nicely around here. Make sure to check the Buy/Sell/Trade forum if there are Atari titles out there that you are looking for.

Nice choices on NES games, those are some of my favorites also.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length