RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:07:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 413802 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #630 on: May 05, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »

Welcome aboard TheGrimAngel! Glad to have you here as part of the community. I'm into Famicom collecting, and I imagine it must be wonderful being there and having access to all the great games that never made it here regardless of the system. Thanks for adding to our database, and feel free to submit pictures of any games in your collection that we lack images for in the DB. Glad you found us.

Wish I could submit scans of everythign I have, but unfortunately in this really tiny dorm room I'm living in i barely have room for my games and systems, let alone a scanner. Would photographs work?

Photographs will work, as long as they're not blurry. Grin
We need to be able to make out the details on some submissions, especially for variants.

Welcome to the site!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #631 on: May 05, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

0_o

8997 Karma?Huh?

Wow Shadow.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #632 on: May 05, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »

Wow...I've gone down some.
It was a joke by one of the Directors. He set my Karma to -49999, and then decided it had to be OVER 9000, so he set it to 9001.

kamakazi20012
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #633 on: May 21, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »

I am not sure if I introduced myself or not as I didn't see anything posted from me here.  So I will introduce myself even if I did it already before.

My name is Michael and I've been a video gamer since 1979.  I was born in 1974 and still remember mom having to hold me up to some of the arcade units I wanted to play.  Unlike so many like myself, my first console was not the 2600...it was the 5200 which I still have and play to this day.  As a matter of fact, that's my 5200 in my avatar.  I enjoy any gaming console but take particular interest in Atari & Sega consoles.  The 5200 remains my all-time favorite but I am also a sucker for pre 1985 consoles (ColecoVision, Intellivision, Vectrex, etc.). 

My passion for games has led me to become a contributing member to Retrocade Magazine all the while attending Art Institute of Pittsburgh's Online Division to obtain a degree in web design and interactive media.  When I am not playing games, working on magazine articles or assignments, I can be found creating my own video games using DarkBASIC Professional.  I am also studying the Atari 8-bits and 5200 as much as possible.

Outside of gaming, I also enjoy collecting: vinyl, VHS, Laserdisc & CED memorabilia.  It's amazing what can be found at Goodwill stores these days.  That's pretty much it.  Great work RFG!
vcoleiro1
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #634 on: May 22, 2012, 11:09:19 PM »

Hy,

My name is Victor, an old gamer who started off playing on the Colecovison. Now days I collect handheld consoles mainly and make my own micro arcade machines.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #635 on: May 22, 2012, 11:14:59 PM »

.....and make my own micro arcade machines.

That sounds neat. Hopefully we can see some pictures of them.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:17:35 PM by nupoile » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #636 on: May 22, 2012, 11:41:33 PM »

Welcome aboard vcoleiro1! You're in good company as some of us here are also a little older Wink I have very fond memories of the Colecovision, and still get mine out from time to time. I'm also interested in what goes into making a micro arcade machine.

vcoleiro1
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #637 on: May 25, 2012, 08:04:23 PM »

You can see some of my micro arcade machine here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vcoleiro1/videos

The second half of the Space Invaders one goes a bit through the making.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #638 on: May 25, 2012, 09:32:27 PM »

You can see some of my micro arcade machine here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vcoleiro1/videos

The second half of the Space Invaders one goes a bit through the making.

Those are really cool, how long does it take you to make one of those?

vcoleiro1
N-Gage
Australia

Stats
« Reply #639 on: May 25, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »

Depends on which I make, but around 4 days
BuBBaStuBs
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #640 on: June 02, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »

Hey Everyone, the names William.... I am 24 and single. Have been playing video games sense I was little and have been itching to start up a major video game collection. So the collecting has started and I'm ready to bask in the fun of being a collector.

NOTE: Crouchingman (he just joined as well) is my brother.

Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation Portable, Playsation Vita Collector

Platinum Trophies: X-Men Destiny
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #641 on: June 02, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »

Welcome BuBBaStuBs and Crouchingman. I'm no ambassador for this site but I promise you that you'll love it as much as I have. The people on here are wonderful. Glad to see you you are into collecting as we are Smiley It may be a weird obsession to some but finding treasures from the past is what gets our blood pumping. Keep on collecting!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #642 on: June 02, 2012, 10:50:56 PM »

Welcome to you and your brother. This is definitely a place to help scratch that itch, and feel free to jump into our forums!

BuBBaStuBs
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #643 on: June 03, 2012, 01:06:21 AM »

Thanks guys... Looking forward to talking with everyone!

Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation Portable, Playsation Vita Collector

Platinum Trophies: X-Men Destiny
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #644 on: June 04, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »

Welcome to both of you.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length