RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:06:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407442 times)
Banards
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #735 on: September 29, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »

Rick from Erie PA here. Started collecting again recently after being away for a few years. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things and I think this will be a great place to start.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #736 on: September 29, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »

Rick from Erie PA here. Started collecting again recently after being away for a few years. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things and I think this will be a great place to start.

Hey Rick, this is a great place to start over again.

Here at RF Generation we like to be a team. Were not into out-doing each other, we just all have the same common interests. Thats why were here for ya.

Glad to see you have an interest in collecting, even if it may be a collecting hiatus you may have had. Theres always something about us that collects and loves the feeling about picking up games, be it big or small, it doesn't matter. It's all in what makes you happy as a collector.

Hey please do keep in touch with us here on the forums. Any post is great for the community and we look forward to hearing from you Banards.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:35:05 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #737 on: September 29, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »

Welcome Banards. I think Razor really stated everything well. Hope to see you on the forums.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #738 on: October 01, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »

Hey RF Generation community!

I found this site while googling video game collecting, and it looks like a stumbled on a great group of collectors.

Like many people, I had older generation consoles and games that eventually ended in Value Village donation boxes and now I've decided to rebuild my old library. I'm looking forward to some nostalgic gameplay and experiencing the titles that I missed out on.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #739 on: October 01, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »

Welcome aboard Fleach, you've definitely found the right place. Building that collection back from scratch can be really exciting, and there are a lot of great titles to be had a low prices.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #740 on: October 01, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »

Value Village you say? Are you from lovely Canada?

I too love to play games for their nostalgic values, they mean a lot to me.

But I do also like to play the games I missed out on back in the day. For me I feel like I never missed out on those games. I feel like playing a game you never played before, be it new or old generation games is still 'New' to me. Probably because I got past the whole graphics make the game phase.

Just because a game is old in time doesn't mean it cant have the new feeling to you. 

But I blab on.

But yes we are a great community and nice to see you consider ourself's as such. We are a great community indeed . But please do hang out with us on the forums. We love any input.

Welcome  Fleach.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #741 on: October 01, 2012, 09:28:23 PM »

Yep, I'm from Canada.

I agree that graphics aren't the most important aspect of a game. For me it's all about the story and the fun factor.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #742 on: October 01, 2012, 09:30:28 PM »

Yep, I'm from Canada.

I agree that graphics aren't the most important aspect of a game. For me it's all about the story and the fun factor.

Glad to see ya!

Keep on gaming and collecting!

Catch ya later.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #743 on: October 05, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »

Yep, I'm from Canada.

Where about in Canada are you?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #744 on: October 11, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »

Value Village you say? Are you from lovely Canada?

We have those here in the States too--there's one just down the street from me--unless you meant something else, knowing he was from Canada beforehand that I don't know about.

fergojisan
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #745 on: October 12, 2012, 07:43:38 AM »

Hi, I'm Ferg and I'm kinda old. I've been gaming since 1976 and collecting since 1995. In the last few years I started wondering what the heck I was doing with all of these games, so I started selling off stuff that I had no sentimentality about.  I am almost done with my selling and I feel much better. My main collection is the 2600, but I also sort of collect the NES, SNES and SMS. I have a complete US 7800 collection (except for the box and manual for Tank Command, dammit). I do not have any systems made by Sony or Microsoft. I am one of the few people on earth who cannot stand the Vectrex. I stumbled onto the podcast via Atari Age I think, and I am enjoying it very much. I was curious about the collection database that was mentioned on the podcast, so I took a look at it and realized that I had started cataloging my games here back in 2007, which is when I started to lose interest in collecting, so I never finished. Now it will be much easier to do with less games. If you don't want your heart broken then don't ask me what I sold off. Smiley
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #746 on: October 12, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »

Welcome back.  I think alot of us have been through that at one time or another.

You'll love the database here and the community of people are awesome.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #747 on: October 12, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »

Hi, I'm Ferg and I'm kinda old. I've been gaming since 1976 and collecting since 1995. In the last few years I started wondering what the heck I was doing with all of these games, so I started selling off stuff that I had no sentimentality about.  I am almost done with my selling and I feel much better. My main collection is the 2600, but I also sort of collect the NES, SNES and SMS. I have a complete US 7800 collection (except for the box and manual for Tank Command, dammit). I do not have any systems made by Sony or Microsoft. I am one of the few people on earth who cannot stand the Vectrex. I stumbled onto the podcast via Atari Age I think, and I am enjoying it very much. I was curious about the collection database that was mentioned on the podcast, so I took a look at it and realized that I had started cataloging my games here back in 2007, which is when I started to lose interest in collecting, so I never finished. Now it will be much easier to do with less games. If you don't want your heart broken then don't ask me what I sold off. Smiley

Sounds like you'll have a unique take on gaming/collecting and diversity is always welcome around here. Can't wait to hear why you dislike the Vectrex and dont own any Sony Consoles!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Munter
N-Gage
Japan

WWW Stats
« Reply #748 on: October 29, 2012, 06:21:17 AM »

Hi. I have been into the retro scene for a while now, although I'm more of a gamer than a collector. Favourite systems would probably be the Sega Master System and the Super NES, but I tend to love just about anything pre-playstation one.

I have been looking around the internets lately for retro gaming communities but haven't found much yet.

See you all around the forums
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #749 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:43 AM »

Welcome to the site Munter. I'm with you I love pre-playstation systems.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length