RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:19:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407728 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #825 on: March 05, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »

Thanks!

Just wanted to add, English is my second language, sometimes what I'm saying doesn't make any sense or read super awkwardly lol

It's probably more noticeable on the irc chan in fact, sorry about that

your english looks fine here, i'm sure most people will understand what you say anyway, you get used to grammer and spelling mistakes when you're on the internet long enough Wink
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #826 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:08 PM »

NOTE: please refer to http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=11649.0 before reading this entry, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/em...8as?start=406&end=412
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:59:40 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
DeusVult
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #827 on: April 04, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »

Well not going to lie...  This was the only gaming site not blocked by my companies internet screening.  

I'm an avid Atari 2600 collector.  I got them as a gift in the early 90s from my grandmother.  Just been slowly collecting them over the years.  (And there starting to get expensive)  I used to do a lot of online gaming on the PC.  Lots of RTS and Wolfenstein.  Those days are waning.  (College days are over and don't get to hang out with my lil bro as much who is my arch gaming nemisis.) 

A couple of days ago was my 1 yr of owning my first home and I'm getting married in June.  So basically I got about 2 months to buy up as many toys as I can!  lol
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:19:03 PM by DeusVult » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #828 on: April 04, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »

Welcome to the site DeusVult, and hopefully you'll enjoy it more than just because it isn't blocked.

You're definitely right on that last point, wives are expensive. Buy, buy, buy!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #829 on: April 04, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »

Well not going to lie...  This was the only gaming site not blocked by my companies internet screening.  

I'm an avid Atari 2600 collector.  I got them as a gift in the early 90s from my grandmother.  Just been slowly collecting them over the years.  (And there starting to get expensive)  I used to do a lot of online gaming on the PC.  Lots of RTS and Wolfenstein.  Those days are waning.  (College days are over and don't get to hang out with my lil bro as much who is my arch gaming nemisis.)  

A couple of days ago was my 1 yr of owning my first home and I'm getting married in June.  So basically I got about 2 months to buy up as many toys as I can!  lol

Same time period I got my house in, and I've been married for 2 years (we've been together for 12). Just take my solution to the problem - marry a woman whose first tattoo was the Atari logo on her ankle, and we had to pull an Atari 2600 cart off the shelf for art reference.

You'll fit right in with the other Atari enthusiasts we have here, though admittedly we're no AtariAge when it comes to that.

DeusVult
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #830 on: April 05, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »

Welcome to the site DeusVult, and hopefully you'll enjoy it more than just because it isn't blocked.

You're definitely right on that last point, wives are expensive. Buy, buy, buy!

Thanks, and I've already found a great use for the handy checklists the databases have here.

Well not going to lie...  This was the only gaming site not blocked by my companies internet screening. 

I'm an avid Atari 2600 collector.  I got them as a gift in the early 90s from my grandmother.  Just been slowly collecting them over the years.  (And there starting to get expensive)  I used to do a lot of online gaming on the PC.  Lots of RTS and Wolfenstein.  Those days are waning.  (College days are over and don't get to hang out with my lil bro as much who is my arch gaming nemisis.) 

A couple of days ago was my 1 yr of owning my first home and I'm getting married in June.  So basically I got about 2 months to buy up as many toys as I can!  lol

Same time period I got my house in, and I've been married for 2 years (we've been together for 12). Just take my solution to the problem - marry a woman whose first tattoo was the Atari logo on her ankle, and we had to pull an Atari 2600 cart off the shelf for art reference.

You'll fit right in with the other Atari enthusiasts we have here, though admittedly we're no AtariAge when it comes to that.

Now you tell me....My Fiance would prefer all that game stuff to be left in the garage.   Funny thing is she loves playing the games though.  Fickle she is.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #831 on: April 05, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »

Find a way to display them better, and you might find she won't mind having them out. Mine are all shoved in a room right now, and my wife won't let anyone in there until we get it organized.  laugh

DeusVult
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #832 on: April 05, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »

Find a way to display them better, and you might find she won't mind having them out. Mine are all shoved in a room right now, and my wife won't let anyone in there until we get it organized.  laugh

Well, my whole idea was building an elaborate hidden tray system that leaves the large label displayed and I bought hundreads of small brass labels for all the games.  I was going to mount all this inside the expanded mantel of my fireplace.  (Was going to box in with molding from the existing 5 feet high up to the 22 foot ceiling)

All was right with the world until she decided one day last month that she likes the fireplace surround the way it is.  Whoops there goes that hidden agenda. 
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #833 on: April 18, 2013, 10:58:07 AM »

Well not going to lie...  This was the only gaming site not blocked by my companies internet screening. 

I don't have that problem because I control the network at my office Wink but you can get around silly internet screening with a service that routs your PCs DNS connection through a remote site like unblock-us.com

Might cause problems if you are a member of a domain and you need the server's DNS in order to log in though.  Sorry, I like solving problems.

Drakon
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #834 on: April 19, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »

I'm Drakon from Toronto Canada.  I'm a retro video gaming hardware modding hobbyist.  Here's some of my fun creations..

Street fighter 2 arcade hack (running on a real capcom arcade board):

The sega 32x s-video mod:

The fastest overclocked superfx game, running on a real superfx chip:

A mr. gimmick reproduction cart with an improved audio circuit:

I took the metroid 2 full colour romhack and made it capable of running on real hardware:

http://16bitgamer.forumot...oid-2-full-colour-romhack

Same thing with marioland 1:

http://16bitgamer.forumot...-land-full-colour-romhack

I'm probably best known for creating nes / famicom consoles that use an arcade graphics chip to output true rgb, s-video, a switch on the back to select between two very different audio circuits, and other fun bells and whistles:

I upgrade the video quality of the snes:

And many other various mods I've done.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #835 on: April 19, 2013, 08:59:04 AM »

Hey Drakon! Welcome to RF Gen!

I'm impressed by your modding work. That's some great stuff! I'm also from Toronto (actually a suburb of Toronto). Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forums and maybe even at local swap meets.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #836 on: April 19, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »

Welcome, Drakon & DuesVault

I am the King of San Andreas
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #837 on: April 19, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »

Welcome to RFGen Drakon. I'm pretty sure I've seen your work over on Famicom World.

Drakon
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #838 on: April 19, 2013, 08:13:51 PM »

Hey Drakon! Welcome to RF Gen!

I'm impressed by your modding work. That's some great stuff! I'm also from Toronto (actually a suburb of Toronto). Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forums and maybe even at local swap meets.

Thanks, the only swapping I do is with online friends I don't go to actual swapmeets.
usflegend
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #839 on: April 20, 2013, 08:36:38 PM »

Hey, I'm Adam and I Live in Florida. I am 22 and have been playing games since I was 3. I have been married for 4 years (no kids lol) and just living the dream. I work at a retro game store and have been collecting for about 18 months now. I collect and play everything from the NES to the Wii U. I found out about this site from a post on cheapassgamer. They said this site had a killer game collector function and they were not joking. Been adding my games to the list for the last hour and so far have over 340 in my collection. About 250 more titles to add.

I am a proud owner of a complete 296 N64 collection NTSC. It took me about 9 months to complete and was very fun. Check out my game list if you want. Hope to get to know you all more and am excited to see what all I can gain from these forums. My username is the same on other sites such as cheapassgamer or Nintendoage, so you might have seen me around.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length