RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:20:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407286 times)
Bacontron
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #915 on: June 26, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Remember to post pictures of games you bought in Small Scores and get a mention in the Collectorcast
I will, I just need to organize my stuff and enter it all into the database first

Yo
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #916 on: June 26, 2013, 12:16:53 PM »

That can take a long long time if you have a lot. I still need to update mine.

Now your playing with power!
bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #917 on: July 03, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »

Hey all!

I'm Tyler. I'm in the Akron/Canton area in Ohio.

I'm a web developer by trade and gamer/collector by hobby. I have just recently decided to start collecting video games back in February-ish. So my collection is very small and slowly growing.

I grew up with a N64 being my first actual game system, but I'd have to say my favorite console is a Super Nintendo right now. My small library of super nintendo games have yet to disappoint, and I'm sure this could very well change over the coming years.

2 of my collecting goals is just collecting consoles and I would like to get all of the final fantasy and legend of zelda games as those two series are just flat out awesome in my opinion. Another general goal is to get as many role playing games as possible, as those are my absolute favorite types of games, and I hate shooters with a passion.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #918 on: July 03, 2013, 12:52:13 PM »

Hi folks!

I noticed one of the larger complaints recently for new members has been that collections have been slow to add. I wanted to point out that, if you have a barcode scanner, you can scan the barcode into the ID# field in the Database Search, hit enter, and it should pull up the title (provided we have the UPC filled out). If you don't have the case and have a Part # that you can reference, the ID# field will also facilitate it if the field is filled in, though Nintendo Part #s (notoriously Nintendo products from GameCube and up, especially in Europe) may have trouble matching.

Our free Android app also has support for this.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #919 on: July 03, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »

Hey all!

I'm a web developer by trade and gamer/collector by hobby. I have just recently decided to start collecting video games back in February-ish. So my collection is very small and slowly growing.

I grew up with a N64 being my first actual game system, but I'd have to say my favorite console is a Super Nintendo right now. My small library of super nintendo games have yet to disappoint, and I'm sure this could very well change over the coming years.

2 of my collecting goals is just collecting consoles and I would like to get all of the final fantasy and legend of zelda games as those two series are just flat out awesome in my opinion. Another general goal is to get as many role playing games as possible, as those are my absolute favorite types of games, and I hate shooters with a passion.

Hello Tyler, welcome to the site and enjoy your stay here. I hate to hear that you're not a fan of shooters, but I guess we'll still let you in pending acquisition of a Silent Service cart (a running joke that I'm sure you'll pick up on soon). Happy collecting and please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #920 on: July 03, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »

Hey all!

welcome to the site! i used to be the exact opposite, with a hate for RPGs because i always felt that they took way more time to finish than necessary. now i'm a bit more open minded, i think a lot of collectors start to lighten up on their old gripes with certain genres after they've been at it for a while. maybe you'll come to like some shooters eventually, they're not all bad Wink
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #921 on: July 03, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »

Welcome Tyler! Happy collecting adventures! Also want to welcome you to the Community Playthrough. Hope you have fun with the game.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #922 on: July 03, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »

Welcome aboard, Tyler. It sounds like you're off to a nice start. I'm going to guess that when you say shooter, you mean FPS. Because no one hates scrolling shooters, right?

bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #923 on: July 05, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »

I've just found all shooters to be really repetitive is all. Though Gears of War, though it is a modern game, is one of my favorite games for my 360. COD and Halo though... ugh.

You all are right though! I may find a gem to help me be a little more open minded!

Glad to be a part of this community!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #924 on: July 05, 2013, 10:13:02 AM »

To be fair, I'm an FPS enthusiast and yet can only play most of them with friends - I hate the community as a whole, and most of the time they make stupid decisions. I can't play them offline for the most part though, because as you've mentioned, they become a bit repetitive.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #925 on: July 05, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »

To be fair, I'm an FPS enthusiast and yet can only play most of them with friends - I hate the community as a whole, and most of the time they make stupid decisions. I can't play them offline for the most part though, because as you've mentioned, they become a bit repetitive.

that's why i like battlefield on pc because if you choose you can ignore the community. there's no voice chat, and as much as it's a team game, it's easy to play alone or co-operatively with people if you choose.

@bearmetal what about something like the Metroid Prime games, or bioshock? there are some unique FPS  for sure Tongue
bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #926 on: July 08, 2013, 11:17:03 AM »

that's why i like battlefield on pc because if you choose you can ignore the community. there's no voice chat, and as much as it's a team game, it's easy to play alone or co-operatively with people if you choose.

@bearmetal what about something like the Metroid Prime games, or bioshock? there are some unique FPS  for sure Tongue

For some reason I never considered Metroid a shooter though it is. I do love some Metroid Prime and I have yet to try Bioshock
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #927 on: July 08, 2013, 11:23:34 AM »

Also, you know, Battlefield has vehicles. Tongue

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #928 on: July 08, 2013, 05:37:10 PM »

Also, you know, Battlefield has vehicles. Tongue

BEEP BEEP IMMA JEEP
otcvideogames
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #929 on: July 18, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »

Hey guys, my name is Chris. I post on NintendoAge frequently and lurk around a couple other boards. I joined the site after listening to the Collectorcast.

I am always trying to expand my limited knowledge of fixing and modding retro consoles.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length