RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407438 times)
drone8888
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2004, 10:57:49 AM »

Hello there.

I'm Michael, and I have a problem......

Well, not really.

Alright, I just turned 25. I've been married for 2 years now, and have a 15 MO son. I'm currently in the USAF, and I fix airplanes. OH JOY! I am from southern Jersey, and am stationed in DE right now.. Sad    I'll be swapping over to train as a Linguistics Cryptologist next year, and then I'm heading to Japan, followed up by PCSing over to WA state. That's where I hope to attend DigiPen, and fulfill my dream.

I've been gaming since I could hold a controller, or should I say joystick or paddle. My dad got me started on an Atari 2600, up to the XE. We were the first to have a NES, but couldn't afford a Genesis. Yup,..skipped the Master System altogether.

I am a part time graphic artist, only because like most of us, I lack confidence. People have always pushed me to do something with it, but there was nowhere, or no one to exploit me, so that's that.

I used to have a massive NES and SNES collection, but I sold all but my personal favorites on eBay, when they first started out. It helped get me my first beater. A 1990 Chevy Cavalier,........man, what a junker. Now, my collection would have easily scored me a second car, and a nice one at that. Sad

Right now, I am ferociously collecting GameCube games. Only 85 so far, but it's hard with a family, and my measly pay. I love rpg's, fighters, adventure, action, shmups, tactical, strategy, horror, twitch, and pretty much any good game. Yes, sometimes I even enjoy a sports game,...if you consider Tony Hawk a sports game.

I have a handful of rare sealed games too. Including Panzer Dragoon Saga, Final Fantasy Tactics, Alien vs Predator, and a few other gems. Unfortunately, I sold my sealed Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy III, due to some unforseen problems.
I wonder if I'll ever track those down again?Huh

Anyways, I'm also an Alien/Predator nut! I have every toy made, in their likeness's's's. All the comics, and movies as well. I broke one of my LE statues, and vowed never to spend so much money on such an item again. I also love the Kaiju! I love Godzilla, Daimajin, Gamera, and pretty much all of the rest! I love anime too, if you couldn't figure that out. Smiley

I have over 350 DVDs, and growing. My music collection isn't hurting either, with over 400 CDs,...and yes, they are all legit.

I have so many ideas for games, it hurts. So, I bottle them all up inside, until the day my dreams can be realized. I thought about trying some DC homebrews, but I lack all skills neccessary. Soon, baby,...soon.

I'm currently gaming on my Sony Grand WEGA; KF-50WE610!  With a Sony STR-DE885, pushing my sound! All digital, component and optical connections, for the supreme gaming experience.

Well, that's about it. even though nobody's on this site today, I'll say it anyways.

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!
Be safe and have a blast!
Michael.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 10:58:56 AM by drone8888 » Logged
showstoppa
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2004, 11:30:16 AM »

My name is Dustin.  I am 24 (25 in a couple days) and a student at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan.  I came across this site from Digital Press.  My first system was an Atari 2600 and I really started playing when I got my NES.  The NES is the base of my collection but I pick up what I can find.  I especially like finding the things I couldn't get when I was younger for really cheap at Thrift Stores or Rummage Sales.  Such as the Virtual Boy I found a couple weeks ago for $1.10.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2004, 02:03:38 AM »

My name is Anthony. I live in Spfld Ma. I'm 16 so collecting is what i scape together basically from what little work(if any) i can get. My first systems were Genesis and SNES one for each parents house. My fave was Genesis and my favorite game for it had to be Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Current favorite system is my Halo Xbox. Current adiction is Psi-Ops:The Mindgate Conspiracy. Love the hunt of game collectiong but the best is when you get what you were lookin for at a really good price.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2004, 02:28:57 AM »

Hi, I'm Dan. I live in Chicopee, MA. (you know, like it says on the side? Smiley)My favorite things are putting things off (i seem to never finish anything |D), anime/manga, and obviously video games. My favorite system is the SNES, it kicks ass! My favorite game is probably Chrono Trigger. (who else here was dissapointed with Chrono Cross?)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 02:32:18 AM by danvx6 » Logged

Dutchie
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 12:34:13 PM »

Hi, I'm Michiel. I live in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands. I Bought my first computer, a Commodore 64, about 18 years ago.
Since then, I've always played videogames and over the years I collected a lot of systems including: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Lynx, Supervision, Sony Playstation 2 (which I primairy use as a DVD-player  |D ), Philips Videopac+ G7400, Nintendo NES.

I'm 27 years old (in 10 days I'll turn 28 ). For a living I work at a firm of consultancy where I conduct soil exploration and remediate polluted sites. Another big hobby of mine is visiting fairs and midways, mostly in The Netherlands but now and then in my neighbouring countries Belgium and Germany.
renelips
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2004, 12:37:17 PM »

Hi, I am Rene. I am living in the Netherlands and collecting all console's. My collection is about 200 console's/pongs and about 1500 games.
jonlester
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2004, 11:58:54 PM »

I'm Jon, 34, never married, a musician, artist and writer and partial to older systems but glad to have any kind. I have something like 22 computers and 7 consoles, with some orders about to go into the mail as well. I was a clubworker up until this week when I abruptly quit in disgust over something after 6 years of loyal service at that particular venue. Now I have time to play more games at night and live a healthier lifestyle as a consequence. I've also found lately that participating in these message boards is as surprisingly habit-forming as video games.
KarmaCreep
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2004, 08:52:25 PM »

Hmm... I'm George.  I was poor in my earlier years so I never actually owned an NES nor an SNES.  My first gaming experience was at my neighbors with the NES, I was around five then. I played games such as Little Nemo: Dream Master and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  The first gaming device I've ever owned was my big fat gray GameBoy!  My first console was the Playstation.  The playstation is probably my favorite cuz I love Final Fantasy games, and that's pretty much where you can find them.  I don't really collect games, I only keep the really good ones that I like, so I obviously don't have a huge collection.  Besides that, I live in Cincinnati, OH and THE END!

Fucking Chuck Norris!!!!
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 02:57:58 AM »

I neglected doing this before because I never saw the point. But I feel like posting something, so here it be.
I'm Ian, an all around collecter of all things video game.
I should I suppose say, that Collecting is my hobby, and Street Fighter is my religion.
Of course, I'm more a fan of 2D Fighters and Shooters than most anything, but I still like modern games. (Just not as much because I'm a bitter old man.)
I also, as you might have been imformed, enjoy Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain, possibly not in that order.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 09:50:35 PM by IceBladeX » Logged

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
BiohazardSEGA
Tiger Gizmondo

Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2004, 12:01:44 PM »

My name is Jeroen Post, I am 21 years old and I'm from Amsterdam in the Netherlands.

I have been playing videogames for about 16 years, but I only started collecting about 8 years ago. I try to collect Sega stuff mostly, with the Saturn being my absolute favorite. I hope to complete my PAL Saturn collection one day, but there's still a HUGE pile of games to go.

"My name is Olo, Hans Olo"
Arcturius
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2004, 03:53:38 AM »

I'm Arcturius DeRaptor AKA Arcty. I'm a collector of mostly the newer Segs consoles and a little of everything else

Owner: http://dcarchive.scalenet.co.uk/
Needs (2 Left):- Project Justice Rival Schools 2 & Rez (PAL DC)
retrogamerGeoff
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2004, 11:22:49 AM »

Hi

Wellllllll I'm Geoff, 29 years old and in South Wales in UK. Been into videogaming most of my natural life. I got a Sinclair Spectrum for my 7th birthday, then changed to a Commodore Amiga. Only recently however in the last 5 years or so have I entered the world of console owners.

A PlayStation and Tomb Raider 2 was my first purchase before upgrading to a PS2 and then getting an XBox. Also in this time I've bought a PC, although I don't use the PC for gaming as I get bored with installing, uninstalling and re-installing games. Plus as it's not exactly state of the art, I get fed up of seeing games I fancy which will not work.

Am into racing / driving games mainly. But love FPS, "survival horrors", and some sports sims (but mainly golf, snooker, tennis games rather than soccer, rugby or any of the US sports - NHL, NFL, NBA, and other three letter combinations).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 11:27:08 AM by retrogamerGeoff » Logged

Geoff
Reliving my days of owning a Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore Amiga. Also enjoying my PC, XBox and Playstation 2.
Toilet > my N-gage
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 07:00:50 PM »

Im Tim i love video games, mostly online games, but sometimes when a game like fable comes out i just play by myself for a while. My first system was an SNES, from my grandmother, my parents never wanted me to play video games, but that never worked out for them. Currently i have, a vectrex, 2 ataris, my ps2, xbox (LIVE), my gameboy advance SP, and my new handheld, the n-gage QD.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2004, 03:27:24 PM »

I am Evan Leon.

When shall his new form be revealed?
sinning.dragon
Atari 7800

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2004, 10:01:17 PM »

I would be Phia.
I'm an imaginary 17 year old girly (graduated) from the same town as freak boy.
Someday I will make sex to Link and Zelda together.
It will be delicious.

Phia the Pirate: which I think means that link is a slut
Phia the Pirate: because, you know, he keeps taking it in the face
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length