RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:43:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407573 times)
YO!NOID
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #990 on: January 19, 2014, 11:42:02 AM »

thanks guys!!
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #991 on: January 19, 2014, 02:15:01 PM »

@Vector I forgot you're from Houston too right?

Correct.  I didn't know you were close either!

ggallegos1
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #992 on: January 20, 2014, 04:09:28 PM »

Afternoon guys and gals!

Another noob here just got on this about a week ago and spent the majority of my time updating m collection (I was using Gamefaqs before but love the sorting and organizational tools here).

Born and raised in Queens, NY and have been collecting for nearly 20 years with almost everything imaginable. looking forward to contributing to the forums!

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7358-8350
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #993 on: January 20, 2014, 04:22:00 PM »

Welcome ggallegos1 and other new members! I think that you will find this site not only useful in terms of the database, but you will also find that the community here is outstanding and very supportive of its members. My advice to new members is to be an active participant as well as a user; participate in the forums, buy/sell/trade with members, add to our growing database with new software/hardware and/or missing info/pics, and join the playthroughs..............okay that last one was a self-plug, but still. Smiley This site is what you make of it.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #994 on: January 21, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »

@Vector I forgot you're from Houston too right?

Correct.  I didn't know you were close either!

Yup I'm from around the Conroe area! Cool to see some locals on here.
Dezo Greenwood
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #995 on: January 27, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »

Hello peeps,

I'm not that new, I'm Dezorian. I felt the need to change my name because Jerry Greenwood is my user name for other message boards, as well as my xbox account, and other things. I just wanted to be more consistent with everything and not have multiple user names all over the place. If the Mods want to delete my Dezorian account, that is fine.

So, hello again!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #996 on: January 27, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »

So...you know you can change your Display Name, right? It's under Profile -> Account Related Settings.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #997 on: January 28, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »

Thanks Shadow!

Would've been rough giving up my Virtual Boy status and forfeiting my Panic Room championship Tongue
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #998 on: January 29, 2014, 07:46:56 AM »

Welcome back to a regular log in on RF Gen, Jerry "Dezorian" Greenwood.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
DarkStar
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #999 on: January 29, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »

Just a quick introduction: I'm Chris and live just outside of Portland, Oregon (in a suburb called Hillsboro) - My primary classic video game interests are platformers, racers, and shooters. My wife however loves RPGs and puzzle games.

My day job is working for a manufacturer's representative - primary doing video game product management on Amazon.com, but a few other retailers too (like Fred Meyer, Costco, etc).

At last year's E3, I had a chance to get hands-on with the RetroN 5 by Hyperkin and that renewed my interest in classic console gaming. With the April release coming up, I'm starting to look over my existing games and find new ones too. I found the RFG Android app a few weeks ago and decided to join!

One of my hobbies is doing electronics engineering, so as such I've cleaned and repaired all of my own carts and consoles. Honestly though, if you know how to use a soldering iron, carts and consoles are pretty easy fixings!

--Chris ^_^
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1000 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »

Electrical Engineering is something I've given great consideration to going back to college for. I've got a ton of patentable ideas when it comes to electronics and video games, and I just haven't taken the time to learn what I need for it.

Welcome to the site! If you have any tips on cleaning and repairing consoles, feel free to contribute to our knowledge base here with a few blogs on the subject. I know that a few of our members have written modding blogs in the past, but they may have been lost to the ether after the site was hacked and we lost 2 years worth of forum posts and blogs.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1001 on: January 29, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »

Welcome to the site, DarkStar! Classic gaming is fantastic fun, and you'll find plenty of others here of the same mind.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1002 on: January 29, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »

Hi, DarkStar. I live about a hour or so from Hillsboro. Welcome.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1003 on: January 30, 2014, 07:58:51 AM »

Hey DarkStar!

It sounds like many of us would love the perks of your job. Your knowledge of repairing games and consoles could come in handy here, ever considered starting a blog here on that topic?

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing you around the site.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
DarkStar
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #1004 on: January 30, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »

Yeah, the perks of the job can be interesting indeed! I'll take a look at the blog functions and see how I could impart some of my knowledge onto others. Thanks for the warm welcome!

--Chris ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length