RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407533 times)
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1215 on: August 31, 2015, 08:36:53 PM »

Hello!
Allow me to reintroduce myself my name is Josh.
It's been a few years. I'm 35 years old. Work and live about 20 minutes west of Pittsburgh, PA. My wife, kids, and work have been keeping me busy. Not much time to enjoy games. Until last week that is. My kids are back in school and I have an eight week lay off. I just played through Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes for the first time even though I picked it up six months ago. I enjoy all my systems NES, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Wii, XBOX 360, and PS4. I mostly enjoy stealth and action games. Some of my favorites are Assassin's Creed, Hitman, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, Sniper Elite, Batman Arkham Games, Grand Theft Auto and Dishonored. I still play my SNES a couple times a year. Enjoy Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, Killer Instinct, Rock N' Roll Racing, Super Mario All-Stars & Super Mario World... That is who I am and the type games I enjoys. I will see you all around.  Cool
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1216 on: September 01, 2015, 05:36:01 AM »

Welcome back Josh!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bartman87
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1217 on: September 02, 2015, 03:01:11 PM »

Hello!

My name is Joshua and I am 12. I followed my dad here(unforgivingpain). We will both be playing through metal gear soild this month. I enjoy the gamecube, wii, xbox360, ps4, 3ds,etc. Some of my favorite games are the Arkham Games, simpsons hit and run, fifa 15, and mega man.
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1218 on: September 02, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »

Welcome back Josh!
Thanks! It is good to be back.

Hello!

My name is Joshua and I am 12. I followed my dad here(unforgivingpain). We will both be playing through metal gear soild this month. I enjoy the gamecube, wii, xbox360, ps4, 3ds,etc. Some of my favorite games are the Arkham Games, simpsons hit and run, fifa 15, and mega man.
Welcome!  Cool
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1219 on: September 02, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »

Hello Joshua!  Welcome to life-long love of gaming. Have fun with the playthrough. Cheesy

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1220 on: September 06, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »

Welcome, to both of you. Have fun

-KRS-
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1221 on: October 27, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »

Hello everyone. I'm synt4x from Sweden! Smiley

I started gaming with the NES even though I'm actually slightly too young to have lived through the NES era, because my family always got systems when the new generation came along and stores sold off the old systems for cheap. So I obviously have a soft spot for the NES as well as the SNES, and those are the systems I collect the most for these days.

Most of my collection consists of PAL releases but nowadays I only buy NTSC versions of games, because of the superior 60fps, fullscreen experience. And as we all know, games these days are getting really damn expensive, so if I'm going to pay these stupid prices for them then why would I get the inferior 50hz PAL versions? Sadly this leaves me with few options for getting games other than the internet. eBay is where I get most games but also from forums like Famicomworld and hopefully now rfgeneration as well. Smiley

I can't believe that I hadn't even heard of rfgeneration until yesterday. It seems to have existed for over a decade! I have actually looked around a bit for an online place to manage my collection but hadn't really found anything great. Retrocollect seemed decent but is mostly focused on PAL. Other places were either too tedious or didn't have a good database. So I've been keeping a spreadsheet instead, as I'm sure most other collectors have as well. But the RFG database seems to be really awesome. I must not have looked hard enough... There were a few games in my collection that didn't have the specific region in the RFG database, but I submitted a region variant for all of them and they were all added very quickly. I'm impressed!

I'm glad I found this place. I think I'll have a great time here. Smiley
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1222 on: October 27, 2015, 10:19:42 AM »

Nice to meet you synt4x! 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1223 on: October 27, 2015, 10:33:46 AM »

Welcome to RF Generation synt4x!  I think you'll find the members friendly here and happy to help with your collecting goals.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1224 on: October 27, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »

Glad to have you here! I think a lot of us here had similar stories as to how we found RF Generation. I certainly made my rounds with different collection tools before landing here.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1225 on: October 27, 2015, 12:08:17 PM »

Welcome aboard!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1226 on: October 31, 2015, 08:42:46 PM »

Not much time to enjoy games. Until last week that is. My kids are back in school and I have an eight week lay off.

Wow!  Hope you had fun!

JamesGoblin
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #1227 on: November 27, 2015, 11:55:34 AM »

Hi folks!
My name is Goblin. James Goblin.

A short gameography: Warcraft 3 --> Starcraft --> World of Warcraft --> Age of Conan --> Warhammer Online (best game evah! <3), with couple quite short episodes of Eve online (trial), Guild Wars 2 and WoW (a brief nostalgic return) inbetween.

I like sandbox PvP MMORPGs (you can guess by my sig), but I also like Goblins, Trolls, Centaurs, Dwarfs and in general I'm not a fan of all that generic human stuff =)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:45:49 PM by JamesGoblin » Logged

My name is Goblin. James Goblin.

Hmm . . . http://www.ign.com/wikis/crowfall ? . . . or . . . http://www.ign.com/wikis/camelot-unchained ?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1228 on: November 27, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »

Welcome to the site James!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1229 on: November 27, 2015, 05:43:30 PM »

Welcome, Gobline.  Stay awhile.  Stay Forever!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length