RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:37:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407303 times)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1305 on: October 19, 2016, 08:58:16 AM »

shane, are you the guy who won the auction at RWX for the Mirinda GBC?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1306 on: October 19, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »

Yeah, he's the same. Check the RWX thread!

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1307 on: October 19, 2016, 09:09:44 AM »

shane, glad to have you posting! I think you met both izret101 and myself after the auction.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1308 on: October 19, 2016, 09:32:52 AM »

Welcome Shane, nice to hear from you on the forums.  Be sure to visit and post often.  Also, be sure to start a thread telling us about your Strats site.  It might be something useful to some of our members.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1309 on: October 19, 2016, 04:11:09 PM »

shane, glad to have you posting! I think you met both izret101 and myself after the auction.

Yeah, that's me. I got that and the Castlevania whip. Despite the description, there was one that sold recently on eBay for $200, so I got a little bit of a discount on that. Were you the guys that said you had a site with a database of handhelds, and didn't have info on that? When I grab items that aren't on the site yet I typically submit new items, so I had planned to do that with this one. Just need to grab the DSLR to get decent photos to put up with it. For now, here's some iPhone photos.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1310 on: October 19, 2016, 04:51:33 PM »

Is the Mirinda a Spanish release? Never seen one before.

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1311 on: October 19, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »

Yeah, that's me. I got that and the Castlevania whip. Despite the description, there was one that sold recently on eBay for $200, so I got a little bit of a discount on that. Were you the guys that said you had a site with a database of handhelds, and didn't have info on that? When I grab items that aren't on the site yet I typically submit new items, so I had planned to do that with this one. Just need to grab the DSLR to get decent photos to put up with it. For now, here's some iPhone photos.

Yep, that was us! Glad to have you here!

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1312 on: October 19, 2016, 05:23:08 PM »

Is the Mirinda a Spanish release? Never seen one before.

The company is based out of Spain, and the console was available to employees. I don't know with certainty that the employee that owned this worked/lived in Spain, but the store owner that put it up for auction said that it was brought in by the employee's husband, and that it was sealed until he thought about taking it in to the store. He opened it to make sure it was in there, I guess.

I'm at a point in my Nintendo handheld collecting that I need to pick up these rare EU/JP systems. I'd love to find the Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy CGB, and will likely buy the ANA handhelds this year.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1313 on: October 19, 2016, 05:35:20 PM »

Welcome, shane!  Mirinda?  Used to be able to get that stuff in the U.K. Section at Meijer, but it has been a time since I've seen it.  We have Jaffa Cakes now, so I'm not complaining, but it would be nice to try it again.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Mr Irrelavent
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1314 on: November 16, 2016, 06:49:46 AM »

Hi.  Joined for the collection tool for the most part.  Due to work, I'll not be posting much.  Was recommended the site by someone who used to frequent the site often.  Figured I should join.  Honestly, I'm just extremely shy.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1315 on: November 16, 2016, 07:16:18 AM »

Hi.  Joined for the collection tool for the most part.  Due to work, I'll not be posting much.  Was recommended the site by someone who used to frequent the site often.  Figured I should join.  Honestly, I'm just extremely shy.

Happy to have you on the site and hope that you find the tools useful. I think you'll find that we are a very and helpful bunch, so if you have any questions or thoughts, please post them on the forums. That's what makes this site work. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1316 on: November 16, 2016, 09:43:37 AM »

In all seriousness, though, as a fellow introvert/shy person, welcome, and I hope you have fun here.  Lots of great people on RFG, and hopefully you'll find enough interesting conversation that you'll feel drawn to join in.  Make sure you check out the Community Playthrough topics, it's fun to join in on those when I have time, like this month, since we're playing through Heavy Rain.

Also, welcome Shane!  I'm behind the 8-ball, and haven't been on the forum as much lately.  Amazing find with that Mirinda GBC!  I love that see-through orange shell.  That's an item I'd love to add to my GB collection at some point.

mikenac
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1317 on: November 17, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »

Hey, my  name is Mike. I have been fan of gaming every since i could pick a controller up. I am in the process of adding games to my collection and see a lot of people have their collection picture in their sig. how do i do that to mine too?

Thanks!

Instagram- nacsgaming

bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1318 on: November 17, 2016, 10:30:26 AM »

If it's the picture you're thinking of, it should be on this page at the bottom.

http://www.rfgeneration.c.../about.php?action=promote

Just copy the link to the image, get it in your signature, and it will update with new totals overnight.

mikenac
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1319 on: November 17, 2016, 10:49:03 AM »

If it's the picture you're thinking of, it should be on this page at the bottom.

http://www.rfgeneration.c.../about.php?action=promote

Just copy the link to the image, get it in your signature, and it will update with new totals overnight.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Instagram- nacsgaming

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length