RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:18:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407536 times)
pacmanhat
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2005, 11:21:56 AM »

Hello...

I'm Erik, 21, and I live in Minnesota. I'm getting married in a year, and my fiancee and I have made collecting one of our best hobbies together. I go to school for Game Design, and as of this writing I'm a straight-A student.

That's about it, really.
s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2005, 08:22:41 AM »

Hello, I'm Ryan. I a gaming forum junkie and I really don't know why I didn't register for this page before. I'm 28 have a wife and 2 kids. Gaming is my retreat from all the b/s in my life.
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2005, 05:52:11 PM »

hello everyone my name is drew i'm 22. i have been a game player since i was 3 or 4 i can remember the day we bought the nes brand new from target that long ago. my brother got up to 53 games back in the 80's.  i would play the nes all the time with all my friends i guess thats why the nes is my favorite system have alot of memories about the nes. i just started to collect again about 5 months ago now im up to over 130 games. i like the looking and searching for the games. right now im looking for the harder games to find, after that ill just start buying the common ones. the one thing i'm looking for now is the power pad. i never had one and i just thought that thing looked so cool when i was younger. anyways i collect all types of games and systems. i have a nes, snes, sega genesis, sega dreamcast, N64, playstation 1 & 2, and the game cube.
NES-a-holic
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2005, 05:34:45 AM »

Ok here i go, my name is Hakan(27) and i live in Den Haag/The Netherlands.

I collect NES mostly,have a few other system but not really collect for these i buy some stuff now and then.

I've known this site for a while but until i spoke to Speedy_NES i joined this forum.
As i said i'm more a reader here but post now and then to let my thoughts be heard.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 03:14:03 PM by NES-a-holic » Logged

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2005, 08:05:54 PM »

My name is Pete and I am 17 years old. My favorite system is PS2 simply because it has an enormous library and the best game of all time, ICO!
I have recently been collecting for older consoles, and soon plan on starting a 3DO collection, Sega CD collection, and Sega saturn collection.
I am a regular poster on the www.hardcoregaming.org forums as well as www.digitpress.com forums.

For more in depth info on me please visit www.myspace.com/pdorr
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2005, 10:57:30 AM »

my name is anthony & i am 27 years old. i am a collector/gamer. i collect mainly for the atari 2600, nes, sega genesis & n64. i love to hit the thrifts, pawn shops, yard sales and any game store. i consider my self more a retro gamer, as i find the newer games not as addictive as the earlier. out of the modern systems, i really enjoy the cube.

here is what my goal is for each system:

atari 2600: as many as i can afford (including label variations)

nes:  i am going for a complete nes (loose w/manual) collection. i need approx 150 more carts to complete my goal.

sega genesis: complete in box collection

N64: complete loose w/manual collection

Have you played Pitfall II today?

briskbc
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2005, 09:39:47 PM »

Boy are there a lot of familiar names around here.  Wink.  Howdy, my name is Shawn and this will probably be a brief intro.

I have a wife and 2 children aged 2 and 5.  I collect games across all systems but just games I enjoy or rare games I find in the wild.  The only system I feel a desire to collect a complete library of games is for the Dreamcast.

I've been collecting for 7 years but my collection is quites small.  I've had to part it out a few times.  

IanCov
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2005, 10:40:16 AM »

Im Ian, im 16 and from illinois, my favorite system is probably sega master system, but i play my dreamcast the most.  weve had video game systems since i was born, but i started collecting about 2 years ago.  my first system was sega mastersystem, i loved it, then it crapped out and my dad gave it to goodwill.... with all the games... ive bought all ive been able to find for it, but i play all my games for it through my genesis with an adapter.  if i had more money my collection would be a lot bigger... but i dont... so i get all my stuff from garage sales, flea markets, and goodwill.
MPHDeltaForce
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2005, 06:35:07 PM »

I'm mike, i'm from cincinnati, and i'm an alchaholic...

I also have no friends, i'm completely anti-social, i never come out of my house, and my skin is a lovely shade of clear.

I work for a secret undergroud association dedicated to destroying the moral world that is known as PBS television, and their communist influences obviously seen on their popular television shows Sesame Street and Teletubbies.

I also think that lindsey lohan has become butt ugly recently, and thinks she should go hide somewhere until she gets beautiful again.

All that being said, other than working out and getting all the chicks u'd ever imagine, i play some video games.

That pretty much sums up my life.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2005, 07:04:53 PM »

Hi, my name is Dave, and a lot of you probably already know this.

I am a hardcore Nintendo Fan, and my family has owned every American Nintendo System with the exception of the Virtual Boy and Game Boy Pocket. Right now, my family owns:

1 NES
1 SNES
1 N64
2 Gamecubes
1 Gameboy
1 Gameboy Color
3 Gameboy Advances
1 Gameboy Advance SP
3 Nintendo DSs
1 PS2

If you couldn't tell by the amount of duplicate systems my family owns, I have a rather large family. 5 Brothers, a mother, father, and a dog. I am the oldest. We live in the West Side of Cincinnati, 5 minutes from the Black Perl, Evil Leon, the Webmaster. Currently I am rooming with the Perl and another person for the rest of August.

In the past, I have worked at Paramount's Kings Island as their bitch. I believe my official title when I never came back was Merchandise Location Manager. I ran all the stores in the waterpark, and I was only sent 'on vacation"'once. Nowadays I alternate between quarters of co-op and school. I am studying to become a civil engineer, but more specifically a traffic engineer. That means that all my recommendations will be your headaches in 20 years. In my free time I play frisbee golf, Taiko: Drum Master, Meteos, surf the internet, and as my friends know, sleep. Sometimes I also do contributions to the site known as RF Generation, which has caused the Perl to start refering to me as a member of the Pseudostaff.

I look forward to the playing Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers Online someday, and I hope I won't be dead when it happens.

That's about it, I only hope that this appeases Nep, since he had disapproval of me not having an introduction.

Hello World.
NDiddy
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2005, 07:54:41 AM »

My name is NDiddy kinda new some might Know me from hardcoregaming.org. Anyway I live in california im 19 I have been playing games since the snes first came out.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2005, 08:46:38 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Doug and I have a problem.  It started when I was 12 and bought my self a Sega Genesis.  Then is got worse I got a job at a small game store in Cincinnati called Game Swap. I have collected over 60 systems and what ever my profile says I have for games  Smiley .  I have a wife named Shannon hence there's a room for my games and none in the living room.  My favorite system is the Sega Genesis with the Saturn a very close second.  Love the RPG's and Saturn Bomberman (thanks to the Cinci-Classic).
if anyone cares I'm 25.

m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2005, 03:51:24 AM »

Hi,
Im pretty new to the world of game collecting (I started this summer '05) but have been gaming all of my life. I'm a nintendo geek through and through but lately I've been just grabbing any system that I think is cheap.  I think that the NES is probably my Favorite system but recently I have been focusing more on the 5200 and Colecovision.  
So, since this is supposed to be an introduction, I guess I wil tell you a little about myself...I am 24, married, and father of a 2 y.o. girl.  I am currently a substitute teacher and I am in for an Art Teacher (until at least October).  I graduated college in 2003 with a B.A. in English and have been a substitute ever since (I haven't been able to find a job in my area).  I live in a town called Lucasville, Ohio which is best known for its prision.  (1 1/12- 2 hours south of Columbus). Besides gaming, collecting and being with my family, my favorite thing to do is write.  
Um, thats about it...if you want to know what I have (systems) check my profile.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:43:45 AM by FleaMarketFinder » Logged
Cptalbertwesker
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »

Hi, I'm not new to collecting, been doing it about 5 or 10 years with my sister, and we're only 18 Smiley
My favourite console is probably the Saturn, as it is the console I remember having the most fun with. I began collecting because I was always behind with the console races when I was younger. When everyone had playstations I had a master system. But now I have a proud collection of almost! every console. Alongside about 3000 games.
I'm in sixth form college at the moment in the Uk, and will be going to university in a year to study Film production. My sister (who is also my twin) will be doing the same, but a course on video game design.
Collecting is probably up there with my favourite thing in the world. I have spent far too much money getting where I am today.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 08:52:35 AM by Cptalbertwesker » Logged

He said he understood, but I could see in his eyes that he didn't. He was lying to me.
johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2005, 07:11:04 AM »

Hello, my name is John and I am 20 years old.  I live in Murphy, NC which is a very small town, but growing. I've played video games since I was a little kid but I only recently started collecting games.  I think my favorite system is snes because it is what I had the most fun with playing when I was a kid.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length