RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407524 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1455 on: January 31, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »

Welcome aboard!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1456 on: January 31, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »

Hello all! After lurking for far too long, I figured I should actually ya know, join in the fun here.

I'm douglie007's half brother from another mother. He's the one that first introduced me to the site and talked about how it's such a swell place, so I checked it out, enjoyed listening to the Playcast and Shmup Club, and decided I should start partaking the festivities here.

I also have been slowly adding my collection to the site, but it's going to take a bit because you know.... lots of games.

I can't be the only person here that has a component, composite, hdmi, and S-video switcher hooked up to their television right? The joys of owning one of those transition era HDTV is it has every input known to man. It even has a VGA port for my Dreamcast. I love this silly TV even if I do have to let it warm up because of some loose solder joints on a ribbon cable.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to being more activate here and joining in all the fun!

Welcome to the site! Glad to hear you're enjoying Shoot the Core-cast, and that you decided to join. And no, you're not the only one! I have a 4-port composite switch, and an 8-port powered switch for S-Video going to a RetroTINK 2X, an OSSC with my SNES via HD Retrovision component cables, my JVC X'Eye with RGB SCART, and Dreamcast with VGA, and then those go to an 8-port powered HDMI switch that also has my Switch, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, and a RetroUSB AVS for NES & Famicom games Cheesy

MAZ
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1457 on: February 16, 2020, 08:46:39 AM »

Hi everyone!
I am MAZ, shmup player (mainly), I like STG from the late 80' to the early 00'. Currently I am trying to learn how to  properly play for score Ikaruga, even before getting a real Normal 1CC actually  Grin. I am documenting it on Twitter with some runs on my YT channel I just started.
Looking forward to partecipate in the fun you all look to have here and hopefully to contribute by sharing my video game experience!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1458 on: February 16, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »

Welcome MAZ! Happy to have you aboard.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1459 on: February 16, 2020, 03:16:46 PM »

Welcome to the site!

Metalnarf
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1460 on: June 20, 2020, 12:40:28 PM »

Hi,
my name is Frank, I am from Germany and enjoy playing games in almost any form.
I mostly like pinball, shoot em ups, fighting games, beat em ups, run and gun, First Person Shooters.
Mostly "arcady" stuff.
Sadly i had to get ridd of most of my consoles and games, at the moment i have the current generation consoles and a pc.

The shoot the core-cast brought me here, i searched for a specialized podcast on this shmup topic and happily found it Cheesy

Looking forward to be a part of this great community Smiley
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 12:43:57 PM by Metalnarf » Logged
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1461 on: June 20, 2020, 05:48:30 PM »

Welcome aboard Frank! It's always cool to hear how people found this site. RF Generation is a pretty tight knit community, theirs plenty of room for newcomers, so make yourself at home.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1462 on: June 20, 2020, 06:36:01 PM »

I already welcomed you on Discord, but welcome to the forums as well! Glad the podcast was a draw for you, and we hope to see you around in various forum topics Smiley

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1463 on: June 21, 2020, 08:21:57 AM »

That's so awesome!  Welcome!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
TimRichert_images
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1464 on: January 16, 2021, 07:16:28 PM »

Hey everyone was a member on here years ago and lost touch and realized that I missed having a community of retro gamers to interact with (apparently I had figured this out back in April when I signed back up  Huh ).
Been gaming my whole memorable life, playing Intellivision and DOS games on a Tandy computer growing up, and have just never been able to let go. Pretty much a retro console-only gamer now. With my newest console being an Xbox360 and me being a complete Chromebook adopter on the computer side of things.
Currently working on getting my collection listed but it's basically a who's, who of all the common ones here in the states (minus TI-99s I guess).
It currently is around the 300 game range, all for playing. I am not a museum. Unfortunately the original Intellivision my dad bought in the '80s was destroyed and the Dreamcast collection is having to be partially rebuilt due to disc rot issues...I could go back and slap my teenage self.
I am also an amateur photographer (Racing and wildlife mostly) and an Automotive Enthusiast (fancy way to redneck I guess lol)
GLAD TO BE BACK!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:19:47 PM by TimRichert_images » Logged

Retro gamer (and by default collector) Hobbyist photographer(I make a buck here and there) car nut and, musicholic.
PS was a member years ago and am now back Smiley
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1465 on: January 16, 2021, 07:53:59 PM »

Hey, welcome back!  Were you using the same name years ago?

SMS set complete!
TimRichert_images
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1466 on: January 16, 2021, 09:24:49 PM »

Nope, probably 3 or 4 computers ago so, to be honest, don't even remember the name for sure. Which is actually fine with me. Older, wiser..sure haha why not start fresh.
*edit- Found myself.
Formally went by cant_grow_up
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:29:33 PM by TimRichert_images » Logged

Retro gamer (and by default collector) Hobbyist photographer(I make a buck here and there) car nut and, musicholic.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1467 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:44 AM »

Nope, probably 3 or 4 computers ago so, to be honest, don't even remember the name for sure. Which is actually fine with me. Older, wiser..sure haha why not start fresh.
*edit- Found myself.
Formally went by cant_grow_up

Hey, I remember that name.  Welcome back and don't be a stranger, post away! Smiley

SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1468 on: January 19, 2021, 12:06:27 PM »

Welcome back!

TimRichert_images
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #1469 on: January 19, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »

Thanks to all. Currently working on getting my "playing" collection uploaded my WII and other various..mine but somewhere else in the family, maybe later on. Also my main retro room is nothing more than a no outlet walk-in closet, yep welcome to 1,300 a month in Central Florida (yes I have a powered garage but..project car). If enough interest is shown I will do a write up on what's needed to get 2 1/2 to 4 hours of gameplay complete with surround sound out of nothing more than a battery pack.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length