RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:59:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423580 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2007, 10:18:34 AM »

My DS Lite hinge is cracked. Sad So I spent about fifteen minutes sifting through my receipt box looking for the DS one. It's a good job I keep all my receipts in one place. It's going back to the shop tomorrow where it will hopefully be replaced without any hassle.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2007, 01:50:44 PM »

I went to Gamestation to get a replacement DS but they didn't have any in stock. The manager used to know me because I went in so often. But I haven't been in for a while, so I expect he's forgotten me. At least he was friendly about it and didn't give a straight "NO!" We had a quick chat about what a great console it is before someone joined the queue behind me, so I let them get on with it.

When I said I bought it in September he said their return policy is usually only 30 days. He told me to try Nintendo and if they wouldn't replace it I could take it back to Gamestation when they get some in stock.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2007, 03:49:24 PM »

I went to Gamestation to get a replacement DS but they didn't have any in stock. The manager used to know me because I went in so often. But I haven't been in for a while, so I expect he's forgotten me. At least he was friendly about it and didn't give a straight "NO!" We had a quick chat about what a great console it is before someone joined the queue behind me, so I let them get on with it.

When I said I bought it in September he said their return policy is usually only 30 days. He told me to try Nintendo and if they wouldn't replace it I could take it back to Gamestation when they get some in stock.
Sounds like a good manager, and a fellow gamer.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »

alot of the managers in Gamestation are  like that ,shame the staff are always mosher wankers that know sod alland have there crappy music turned up so loud you leave the shop after 2 minutes

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »

There's a Gamestation in town and one on the other side of town. The one in the town centre is run by smacktards. Even the managers are bell ends. Most of the time I go in there, they're busy playing games behind the counter with their backs to me, talking about how shitty customers are. The shop is cupboard sized and dark. I don't like spending much time in there.

The one on the other side of town is a long way, but it's worth the extra drive. The managers know their stuff and I usually chat with them. When I regularly went in there they used to warn me about their retro sales, like a 50p BOGOF on all their loose cartridges and CDs. The general staff are usually a bit moody, though. Relatively friendly, but moody.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2007, 04:58:12 PM »

yep they are all the same and they all smell!, sad thing is i remember when there were only 3 and dirt cheap now they have an empire and i cant but help think why didnt i do that

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2007, 04:25:50 PM »

Someone give Penny Arcade an Award:

* 20070210.jpg (258.54 KB, 750x1441 - viewed 343 times.)

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2007, 05:04:55 PM »

Must...resist urge... to correct... the bad English...

hmm
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2007, 12:58:51 PM »

Holy crap something actually funny from Penny Arcade.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2007, 07:15:54 PM »

It appears as though a 3D sonic might actually be good. We'll see once more reviews come out.

Hello World.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »

PS2s are down to £50 ~$95 now, just in time for that other thing I heard is coming out this millenium.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »

Revive time!

I'd like to thank Kotaku for giving me something worth posting in this thread:

Quote from: Kotaku
Even though The Conduit was only in pre-alpha, it already looked way better than Red Steel. Certainly not as good as Metroid, but then, as Eric said, “That’d be like saying you’re better than Jesus."

Hello World.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2008, 05:22:19 AM »

http://www.gametrailers.c...sround.php?ep=26&pt=1

They talk about some interesting things but what the hell....the next generation consoles? I don't even have one of the "new" consoles yet. Undecided

At the start they talk about the year 2012. I was thinking: in 2012, 1992 will be 20 years ago. Wow! Shocked
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2008, 06:41:43 AM »

http://www.gametrailers.c...sround.php?ep=26&pt=1

They talk about some interesting things but what the hell....the next generation consoles? I don't even have one of the "new" consoles yet. Undecided

At the start they talk about the year 2012. I was thinking: in 2012, 1992 will be 20 years ago. Wow! Shocked

In 2012, I'll almost be an old fart like all of you guys! laugh

Revive time!

I'd like to thank Kotaku for giving me something worth posting in this thread:

Quote from: Kotaku
Even though The Conduit was only in pre-alpha, it already looked way better than Red Steel. Certainly not as good as Metroid, but then, as Eric said, “That’d be like saying you’re better than Jesus."

That is classic.

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2008, 06:44:52 AM »

In 2012, I'll almost be an old fart like all of you guys! laugh
Meh, sometimes I still feel like I'm 12 years old. Especially when I'm excited about a game I really want or something Tongue

Tell you the truth, it feels like yesterday when I was 12 years old.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length