RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:22:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421809 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2008, 10:39:11 AM »

I downloaded it in Linux to use in Windows later on. I left it over night then this morning the Firefox download manager extension was only showing a file called "error.html" Undecided So I downloaded it again over a few hours and the same thing happened. It turned out I just needed to rename the file to Area51.zip . Cheesy I had a go at installing it in WINE (A Windows emulator for Linux) but it crashed at the loading screen for the installer. Not too surprising seeing as WINE doesn't support a lot of Windows programs.

I'll try it in Windows soon, it's just that I didn't want to reboot into Windows to install it and I was curious to see if it would work in Linux. Smiley
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »

Another big thanks to James for the link.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »

Broken Sword 2.5 was also recently put up for free download. I quite Enjoyed Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon on the PS2, although it had a few bugs.

I've known about GamersHell for a while but I didn't realise they did full games for free.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2008, 11:08:46 AM »

Yeah, it's awesome.

Maybe a stupid question but just to be sure: these downloads are legal, right?
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2008, 11:18:33 AM »

thanks again james!!!!

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2008, 11:21:28 AM »

Yeah, it's awesome.

Maybe a stupid question but just to be sure: these downloads are legal, right?

As far as I know, yes they are legal. GamersHell is mainly for official demos but sometimes publishers promote their games by giving old ones for free. Like Area 51. It could have been made free to promote the newer one, getting people a bit hyped about it.

Having said that, I can't see anything on the GamersHell website about the legalities. >_< There is an EULA at the bottom but it doesn't say specifically about it.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »

As far as I know, yes they are legal. GamersHell is mainly for official demos but sometimes publishers promote their games by giving old ones for free. Like Area 51. It could have been made free to promote the newer one, getting people a bit hyped about it.

Having said that, I can't see anything on the GamersHell website about the legalities. >_< There is an EULA at the bottom but it doesn't say specifically about it.
Ok, thanks. Smiley

I just like to know for sure instead of downloading these games and then finding out they aren't legal. Not that I'm scared I'll "get caught" but because downloading illegal games is against my principles. Wink
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2008, 04:38:36 PM »

The catch - It has adverts between each level. Not enough to be intrusive, but they're there.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »

free fable and fable 2 music, https://www.sumthingdigit...eFail-IncorrectEntry.aspx
just click on the fable collection on the upper right hand of the screen.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »

The catch - It has adverts between each level. Not enough to be intrusive, but they're there.
Hmmm, that worries me.

If they taken the time to go into the game code (or alteast a part of it) to put adverts between levels...who knows what else they have done?

I don't really know what to think about it; I'd be more comfortable downloading a game from the developer's/publisher's website than from a dodge site that offers "free" games.
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2008, 03:52:42 PM »

Cool Zelda Medley
[youtube=425,350]Vs3yHJO_nT0[/youtube]
Ya, it's an old post but I read some comments on the video:

I just finished updating this medley (adding 3 more themes from WW and TP and fixing some small things) and am planning to have a video game concert on 11/15/08 at James Madison University showcasing the Zelda medley, the Final Fantasy medley, and the Mario bros. Medley! There will be videos of all these medleys posted soon after.

I'm a good distance from JMU plus I have a final exam that day, so if anyone is near maybe check it out and let us know how it went. I'm going to check with some others as to if they know who this is...

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2008, 07:06:39 AM »

That's really cool. Cheesy
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.co...ry-2-ia-du-gnu_videogames

When shall his new form be revealed?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »

What the hell? Huh

XD laugh

Tell me about your variants...
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »

Hmmm, that worries me.

If they taken the time to go into the game code (or alteast a part of it) to put adverts between levels...who knows what else they have done?

I don't really know what to think about it; I'd be more comfortable downloading a game from the developer's/publisher's website than from a dodge site that offers "free" games.

That's why you ditch that game site and go full blown pirate , duh...

Seriously though... How is it wrong to dl a game that was released over 10 years ago? One with no support, new copies being made, etc. Calling that 'illegal', or even against principles is plain silly. What is wrong is dl'ing Spore, or other games that are brand spanking new. These old ass games that have no support... I say dl 'em. Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length