RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:33:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 424036 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #705 on: September 28, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »

So what you are saying is Xbox One will never leave Japan?
I will take that bet.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #706 on: September 28, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »

Huh?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #707 on: September 28, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »

So what you are saying is Xbox One will never leave Japan?
I will take that bet.

More to the fact they were massive failures.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #708 on: September 28, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »

Oodles of people made accounts in new regions and downloaded a bunch of games for free due to pricing errors.
Some people got console bans, some got account bans, some got both, some got none.

wait, so microsoft made a mistake on their store, and they're banning people for taking advantage of it?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #709 on: September 28, 2013, 11:45:51 PM »

Sounds about right.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #710 on: September 29, 2013, 10:13:48 PM »

Oodles of people made accounts in new regions and downloaded a bunch of games for free due to pricing errors.
Some people got console bans, some got account bans, some got both, some got none.

wait, so microsoft made a mistake on their store, and they're banning people for taking advantage of it?

Blizzard does that with exploiters in WoW (though they never caught up with my fish-botting, or pick-pocket botting). I guess the reasoning is, you know it's wrong so don't do it. Kind of double edged I guess.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #711 on: September 30, 2013, 12:36:28 PM »

Another day another kickstarter. This time it's a sequel to River City Ransom:

http://www.kickstarter.co...r-city-ransom-underground

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #712 on: September 30, 2013, 12:55:05 PM »

No they are banning people for breaking the Terms of Service agreement. Signing up for an account and saying you live in China and you live in the US just to exploit the Xbox Live Market place is a no no.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #713 on: September 30, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »

Here's a link to more information about the Xbox Live Bans started:

http://www.neogaf.com/for...m/showthread.php?t=677769

Also Retron 5 delayed until Dec 10th:

http://www.joystiq.com/20...e-delayed-to-december-10/

"The console is now better ventilated, and it will also allow the use of the Sega Power Base Converter"

Maybe they will add 32X support next?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:10:27 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #714 on: September 30, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »

No they are banning people for breaking the Terms of Service agreement. Signing up for an account and saying you live in China and you live in the US just to exploit the Xbox Live Market place is a no no.

ah ok that's different then, i thought it was something similar to a store like walmart having a typo on a price label, and then banning people from coming there again if they came up to the till with that item. where normally they would just honor the mistake and let you have it.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #715 on: September 30, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »

No but if you read what people are saying that's what you would think is happening.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #716 on: September 30, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »

The XBLA version of Ben 10 was available in North America for free due to a pricing error - no ban. Creating an account for a MARKETPLACE REGION THAT WAS NOT OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE and DOWNLOADING FREE CONTENT THAT WAS NOT AVAILABLE FOR FREE IN YOUR REGION, and then ADVERTISING IT TO THOUSANDS OF GAMERS - variable ban based on whatever member of the Xbox Live team enforced it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:03:02 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #717 on: September 30, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »

Everybody with a PS3 does this. I have a Japan and a UK account just for exclusives.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #718 on: September 30, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »

...and those exclusives are in other regions, right? You're not downloading content available in your country in a restricted region for free.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #719 on: September 30, 2013, 05:23:49 PM »

I have Live accounts for: (edit actually i missed a couple countries. And some of the countries have more than one account.)

Argentina
Australia
France
Germany
Italy
Japan
Morocco
Oman
Spain
Trinidad/Tobago
UK
New Zealand

Morocco and Oman were bannable accounts because they performed marketplace theft. Those 2 countries do not have an actual marketplace to buy games from. So the people who figured out how to cheat the system just started searching every possible game/DLC to see what showed up as "free" instead of "not available"

Everyone who got bans (technically) deserved them. The people who cried the most about getting bans (at least the ones i know of) had habitually broke various rules in various service agreements. I'm guessing they had been flagged on multiple occasions which is why some people got more severe actions taken against them.

That being said if i got a console ban for stealing ~40$s worth of content when i have shelled out 10k+ dollars in the last ~3 years on MS stuff i would have been a little miffed.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length