RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:03:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423329 times)
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #945 on: June 18, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »

1200 lbs of DS/3DS games going off for scrap apparently:
Cry
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #946 on: June 18, 2014, 11:02:19 PM »

I read the details on that, are they are harvesting the gold out of all of those? I've talked with my local recycling service in the past about sifting through circuitry for gold, and they told me out of like 20,000 curcuits, they only got about 350 bucks in gold, and that was only because they did a good job separating it from the copper and such. How much gold can they expect to find in a bunch of DS games with such tiny circuits?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #947 on: June 19, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »

I'm assuming when they do GINOURMOUS quantities like that they dump it into a gigantic vat melt it all down and skim the different layers out or use slave labor in a 3rd world country or some other shit.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #948 on: June 21, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »

Anyone here ever bought anything from Chipmasters? Thoughts?

http://shop.chipmasters.us/

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #949 on: June 21, 2014, 05:26:43 PM »

Looks expensive to me but not my area of expertise my any stretch of the imagination.

Side note:
1 tab 1 tab 1 tab tab Complete

99% of my Mortal Kombat stuff is back into my collection. (Think i have 2 copies of a game and only added one.)

122 titles in my collection now.

Also added 17 new MK games to the DB Cry

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #950 on: July 01, 2014, 05:51:16 PM »

The latest episode of the All Gen Gamers podcast (episode 176) mentions RFGeneration around the 38 minute mark in response to a question sent in to the show.

http://www.allgengamers.c...sode-176-steaming-pc.html

Maybe one of you well spoken staff people should offer to go on the show sometime to talk about the site.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #951 on: July 04, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »

Spent 12 hours in the garage sorting and organizing the game collection.  I trimmed alot of fat off of the collection such as:  Excess Systems, 3rd Party Controllers, Hook-ups and duplicate games.  Tomorrow will be trimming down the music CD collection and reorganizing it.

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #952 on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:59 PM »

Some of the PS2 games in CEX here. Smiley
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #953 on: July 11, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »

for some reason theres 3 cex here and both are full of ps2 and Xbox game, most of them crap

anyway fucking megaman 9 its driving me mad and makes me wonder how i ever managed to finish any on the nes 

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #954 on: July 11, 2014, 07:02:39 PM »

anyway fucking megaman 9 its driving me mad and makes me wonder how i ever managed to finish any on the nes 

Agreed. I have tried numerous times to get anywhere in terms of progress with that one.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #955 on: July 14, 2014, 04:23:13 PM »

I was SUPER excited for Sniper Elite 3.
Ended up renting it from Gamefly(never subbed before) with the intention of buying it down the line.

Gamefly took entirely too long to get the game to me (IMO) and after about 10 hours the game decided it would not load my save file with the current patch(from what i gather this was a day one patch). If i remove the patch (34MB) it does not find my game save.

So i'll be mailing the game back and canceling my GF sub.

After some brief searching the only version i did not happen across complaints for was the XOne version.

Side note. Peggle 2 is on sale for 360 today and/or tomorrow.
Another game i was REALLY looking forward to that was a complete cock up. That one cost me closer to 100 hours of gameplay though.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #956 on: July 15, 2014, 06:14:50 PM »

I was SUPER excited for Sniper Elite 3.
Ended up renting it from Gamefly(never subbed before) with the intention of buying it down the line.

Gamefly took entirely too long to get the game to me (IMO) and after about 10 hours the game decided it would not load my save file with the current patch(from what i gather this was a day one patch). If i remove the patch (34MB) it does not find my game save.

So i'll be mailing the game back and canceling my GF sub.

After some brief searching the only version i did not happen across complaints for was the XOne version.

Side note. Peggle 2 is on sale for 360 today and/or tomorrow.
Another game i was REALLY looking forward to that was a complete cock up. That one cost me closer to 100 hours of gameplay though.

Sniper Ghost Warrior was riddled with glitches, my friend broke that game in less than 30 minutes when he had never played it before. penguinz0 on youtube also did a video of another Sniper game that was even worse. now you mention problems with that one too, i think the whole series is just crap when it comes to QA testing.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #957 on: July 15, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »

Sniper Elite is a completely different series from Sniper Ghost Warrior

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #958 on: July 15, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »

Sniper Elite is a completely different series from Sniper Ghost Warrior

oh, so it is. damn game series with similar sounding titles. well, ghost warrior sucks.
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #959 on: July 16, 2014, 01:04:06 PM »

Need For Speed Undercover (PS3) is so glitchy...
At first I thought it could be my disc, as it has a small crack on the inner, but apparently not...

Multiple times I've returned from the cars menu to then get spawned back in a world that hasn't loaded. I then proceed to fall forever at 400+MPH.
Large chunks of world loading in front of me, audio stop-starting...
In one race, a traffic car fell from the sky and landed on an opponent.
In another race, a traffic car floated across the road doing barrel rolls.
In free roam, I got stuck in an endless respawn loop. Car flips, respawned on edge of platform, flips and respawns again in the same place etc...
In free roam again, I got flung into the air repeatedly by a Pursuit Breaker...
While passing a Pursuit Breaker (A truck holding a billboard), the truck starts floating upwards leaving a hovering billboard.
At one point, my console suddenly dropped me back at the XMB with no warning it was going to do so.
Also, in some places, out of control traffic...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length