RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:58:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423525 times)
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #990 on: August 25, 2014, 03:28:08 PM »

As someone who played Silent Service regularly back in the day (my best friend with the NES had this), it's great to see it so revered here Wink

I can't part with my game + box copy because of this nostalgia.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #991 on: August 30, 2014, 05:12:19 PM »

I've been out of the loop for a week and suddenly GoG is carrying documentary movies?  I thought initially that they were all gaming related, but they also have that occupy Wallstreet movie up as well.  Weird.  I'd love to see The Gamers trilogy movies on there as well.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #992 on: August 30, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »

Gamers is a trilogy? I think I've only seen the first two then.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #993 on: August 31, 2014, 05:06:35 PM »

Gamers is a trilogy? I think I've only seen the first two then.

The third, Hand of Fate, is the best of them, and totally worth it.  It managed to make me care quite a bit about something that I care nothing about.  I'm also reasonably sure the publisher has it on Youtube in episodes.

UPDATE:  They do.  This is the Extended version, which is different than the one I own (I look forward to watching this later to see how different).  There is also two new side stories featuring Leo and Gary for sale on Dead Gamers' website.

- Han Solo
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #994 on: September 02, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »

Chris Kirksey, linebacker for the Browns, is only 1' 2" tall in Madden 15 and is playing for the Titans on top of it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11456724

http://www.foxsports.com/...s-tennessee-titans-090214

laugh
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #995 on: September 03, 2014, 12:52:31 AM »

http://www.thedenverchann...-social-media-sports-fans

This was on our local news tonight. Hilarious. ha ha

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #996 on: September 04, 2014, 05:21:19 AM »

So I was playing some ICO last night and just happened to look over at my NES collection and saw Metroid.  I own Metroid?  When did this happen?  Then I came on RFG to post the Community Playthrough checkpoint and noticed that I have it in RFG collection as well.  What the heck?  Now I have to spend six or seven hours driving around Ann Arbor wondering just when I picked up this game.

- Han Solo
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #997 on: September 04, 2014, 03:21:29 PM »

The tiny titan videos were awesome.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #998 on: September 04, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »

So I was playing some ICO last night and just happened to look over at my NES collection and saw Metroid.  I own Metroid?  When did this happen?  Then I came on RFG to post the Community Playthrough checkpoint and noticed that I have it in RFG collection as well.  What the heck?  Now I have to spend six or seven hours driving around Ann Arbor wondering just when I picked up this game.

I can't count the times this scenario has happened to me.  I have the wonderful db here I can access on my phone, and a physical hardcopy I usually keep in the car.  I even have a 'cheatsheet' of the games I'm particularly looking for, by system, folded up in my pocket.  And yet, in the 'heat of the moment,' when I find a retro game store or go to a convention, I always seem to buy an extra of something.  Last time I was at the Digit Press store, I even bought two of the same thing in the big stack of games we picked up!  I couldn't even wait until I got home to get a double. Tongue

'sokay.  I try to use our extras pile to share the love with friends. Cheesy

Keelah se'lai
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #999 on: September 05, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »

Still no idea where I picked up that copy of Metroid from.  It might actually be one of my originals.

Anyone heard of the big "LS-15" laptop power cord recall?  Apparently I will be going out to several locations for five days next week to pass out new power cords.  I was told to bring a book, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to be reacquainted with my PSP, and maybe even some old GB and GBC games.

- Han Solo
goo38769
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1000 on: September 10, 2014, 10:34:22 AM »

1000th post! Lol but onto the gaming side, I have started playing Halo 2. Now that's random-ish?  slick
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1001 on: September 12, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »

I have a couple of extra codes to download the early demo of Super Smash Bros. on 3DS.  They go to whoever can redeem them first!

A05V853X06YBXFF4

A05VCAAB0H3DL9M9

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1002 on: September 12, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »

thanks Disposed Hero! snagged the second code there as the first was taken by my friend, Stigzilla on here.
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1003 on: September 12, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »

If anyone needs 3DS codes for Super Smash Bros., I have some if you want 'em. Either PM me or tell me where to post. Wink

Playing a bit of the Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS (since Nintendo Club was nice enough to throw me a free demo early). Still on the fence about the actual game. Also messing around with the PS4 initial setup, which wasn't as bad as I feared. I think I'll go with The Last of Us Remastered as my first PS4 game, Destiny is not really my kind of game. drool
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:36:55 PM by Necrosaro » Logged

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1004 on: September 13, 2014, 12:51:47 AM »

I also posted on the Free Stuff thread that I had some. All four of mine are up for grabs as I do not personally own a 3DS.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length