RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:34:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421760 times)
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1020 on: October 09, 2014, 08:28:21 AM »

I may have found a Tetris variant that's not in the database.

And also "not a game." Haha
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1021 on: October 10, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »

Somebody made Persona 4 Miis for Smash 3DS.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1022 on: October 10, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »

People's level of creativity never stops amazing me. I wish I had a shred of a right brain in my head to think up stuff like this. Those are awesome.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1023 on: October 10, 2014, 02:10:42 PM »

Went to my Linux gaming site today and noticed Pier Solar HD has finally been released on Steam.  No word on a DRM-free version on their website, but at least we have the Steam version.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1024 on: October 10, 2014, 04:43:59 PM »

I saw they released FFXIII on steam too. 60 GB download. I didn't think much of it, but then I read some comments and remembered not everyone lives near decent internet and that download could take days for some people to download.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1025 on: October 11, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »

Like in World of Tanks i have apparently invoked the ire of the most elite of Project Spark players.
TWO threads (that i am aware of) are complaining about boosters in regards to an "instant win" level i created that has over 4,000 downloads and jumps between 88% and 91% positive rating

Apparently CAG is supposed to be having an interview with the developers to bring up possible solutions to the achievement hunters "ruining" the game. Hopefully they severely drop or remove the requirements for receiving downloads and upvotes.

It would be cool if i could say i was accidentally the cause for some change that effected hundreds of thousands of people... besides the live saving guardrails along a stretch of highway on the way to Cape Cod.

I think the BEST part in all of this is that achievement hunters/boosters are getting blamed for the thousands and thousands of votes and downloads but in reality their contribution to my success is .01%... and shrinking.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1026 on: October 11, 2014, 01:18:19 PM »

JUST shy of the 5k downloads needed for 2 achievements the developers deleted my world and nearly every world like it (most of them copies of my world.)

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1027 on: October 11, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »

JUST shy of the 5k downloads needed for 2 achievements the developers deleted my world and nearly every world like it (most of them copies of my world.)

wow that sucks, did they not remove the requirement for the downloads/upvotes?
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1028 on: October 11, 2014, 01:48:49 PM »

Not as of yet.
Apparently they did an interview today and one or more questions was supposed to be related to the ridiculous download requirements.

Unfortunately i can't find the interview and don't know what specifically the questions where.

I'm hoping they significantly decrease the requirements or make them cumulative across all worlds or remove them all together.

Achievements should be based on what i can do by myself or as a team with others. It should not rely on 50 thousand people i have never played with or talked to stumbling across something i created and subsequently playing and upvoting it.

As this game is about creating worlds the achievements should have all been related in some aspect specific to creation of your own worlds or playing of other peoples worlds.

Not copy/pasting other peoples worlds or hoping to get lucky with a world you have made.

I can certainly understand the complaints of people who had put dozens or hundreds of hours into creating a world and never had it noticed. But i in no way was deceptive in the way i got all my votes. And it was not a copy/paste of existing worlds that generally already have several to dozens of copy/pastes.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1029 on: October 12, 2014, 01:50:03 AM »

Almost finished with NG+ on Dark Souls 2, playing through DLC before I complete it, otherwise I will not be able to access it again until I get through half of NG++ . I need to pick up the last DLC, soon.

Playing Dark Souls II makes me wonder how the King's Field games are since Demon Souls and Dark Souls are considered spiritual successors to King's Field.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1030 on: October 12, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »

My son made a new user on his leapster named izret.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1031 on: October 12, 2014, 11:04:37 AM »

My son made a new user on his leapster named izret.
Is that for you to use? Tongue
Also, why the #TrueAchievements on twitter?
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1032 on: October 12, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »

Every status update i make on TrueAchievements gets autotweeted with the #TrueAchievements tag

It is supposed to also autotweet every achievement earned, every blog update, every game completed, every major milestone hit.

Unfortunately it constantly breaks for me so it seems to only tweet my status and blog updates.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1033 on: October 12, 2014, 11:42:06 PM »

Best metaphor ever:

Quote from: izret102
Quote from: DavidJCobb
Quote from: Gleny Greybeard
Collecting gamerscore is a game itself, for some.  Xb rewards even factors in gamerscore.  If the level is clearly marked, I don't see what the big stink is.
Imagine a weird and rather pathetic fly-obsessed man intentionally blasting diarrhea all over the walls and floors of your favourite bar/pub/whatever. The owners respond by placing a "wet floor" sign down and calling the janitor. It's all over the entrance and the counter, so you can't easily avoid it, and it's drawing in tons of flies, who make the situation more unpleasant while failing to contribute anything useful. Most patrons want the problem taken care of quickly, but they can't really blame the janitor for taking a while; there's a lot of crap to clean up, and the janitor honestly didn't see it coming. Besides, the only person to blame is the one who created that crap so they could cater to the flies.

That very strange and almost assuredly disturbed man proceeds to laugh at everyone's anger, while occasionally picking up crap with his bare hands and bragging about it. Meanwhile, you point out that there's nothing really wrong, because the diarrhea's been clearly marked by a wet floor sign.

Does this metaphor help you at all?

Imagine that your favorite bar/pub/whatever is in Pooville where everything is made to incorporate flies.
Your achievement metaphor is now correct.

You are playing a Microsoft exclusive game. Pooville
And you are going to have to deal with achievements. Flies
And the people who want them. Fly man

Unfortunately the developers chose to create a game exclusive to Pooville including flies that could only be caught flymen shooting poo everywhere for extremely long periods of time instead of in an isolated locations and/or extremely short and inoffensive lengths of time.

http://forums.projectspar...-our-game.aspx#post114329

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1034 on: October 12, 2014, 11:54:07 PM »

You forgot to include how Pooville celebrates how many flies the flyman attracts every month and compares to to other flymen.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length