RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:18:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423766 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1035 on: October 13, 2014, 01:49:38 AM »

Dev response finally... TAKING THE SIDE OF ME (AND BOOSTERS!)
http://forums.projectspar...-our-game.aspx#post114387

EDIT
They ended up retweeting my link to that forum post even!

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1036 on: October 14, 2014, 01:42:17 AM »

Why have i just heard of this apparent craze called "Swatting"

Calling in fake threats and having SWAT teams descend upon people who are live streaming.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Here is the one i specifically saw mentioned.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1037 on: October 14, 2014, 07:19:29 AM »

Yeah, it's pretty shitty, especially considering how trigger happy swat members tend to be.

Some little punk recently got 20 years in jail for doing this.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1038 on: October 14, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »

I have had both good and bad experiences with various law enforcement officials.
I got let off for doing 120 on an empty stretch of highway in TX.
Earlier that week one of the other cops thought i was an out of towner and was ready to arrest me for PI while sober because they saw me trip.

In the instances i have seen i due to this i don't think they have overreacted.
Apparently these cops are responding to reports of bomb threats and/or other "terrorist" activities.

Glad people are getting strict punishments. It is harmful on many levels and potentially to many more people than i think they realize. Or maybe that is their intent. In which case they probably deserve more than 20.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1039 on: October 14, 2014, 03:27:26 PM »

I have had similar experiences.

On one hand, I was given a slap on the wrist for a speeding violation going 106 on an empty highway in Wyoming.

On the other, I was tackled off my bike from behind without warning by an officer who had mistaken me for a suspect who had robbed a bank a few blocks away shortly before school ended. It ended up being the officer stationed in my school at the time, and we still have laughs about it to this day, but it does make me respect and understand the difficulty of being an officer.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1040 on: October 14, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »

I got in a fully functional replacement screen I needed after I had an accident with my PSP. I tripped up the stairs with it and the screen cracked. First replacement I bought was bleeding worse than a bad slasher flick. The replacement to that one came in today and it works perfectly.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1041 on: October 15, 2014, 06:48:25 PM »

I thought this was kinda cool/funny

https://twitter.com/proj_...status/522531081480704001

But and the end it pulls out and turns into an ad and seems almost like a dig.*
And then thinking further about it... it seemed kind of like "You can build worse versions of other consoles creation games on Xbox One!"

I guess i will stick with my original feeling that it was pretty cool. Especially since it was made by users and not those working for the company (at least AFAIK)

*never know with the gaming industry it seems.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1042 on: October 16, 2014, 11:21:39 AM »

I was looking up some prices yesterday and the amount that Haunting Ground has gone up since I bought it surprised me. When I bought it for $25 that was pretty much retail. Now its ballooned up to around $60!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1043 on: October 16, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »

I was looking up some prices yesterday and the amount that Haunting Ground has gone up since I bought it surprised me. When I bought it for $25 that was pretty much retail. Now its ballooned up to around $60!

I paid about $40 for it on ebay about a year ago and felt like I paid too much.  I feel better about it knowing that it's still climbing in value.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1044 on: October 16, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »

Wow, and that $60 is loose!

http://videogames.pricech...station-2/haunting-ground

I got mine a while back too, but even then I knew it was on the rise.

Just went and checked Clock Tower 3. So far it isn't following suit.

I'm always on the lookout for PS2 horror games.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1045 on: October 16, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »

Yeah if you want to get the expensive PS2 horror games out of the way go for Haunting Ground and Kuon. Kuon's not far behind HG in price.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1046 on: October 16, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »

I've already knocked out Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, and Kuon, so I'm doing alright as far as PS2 horror titles go.  I was lucky to snag Rule of Rose for $30 on ebay a few years ago before the value skyrocketed.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1047 on: October 16, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »

I still need Kuon and Rule of Rose. I can be patient though as I have plenty of horror to tide me over this year and next year at least. Still, you can knock out Kuon and HG at current prices for just a little more than you'd pay for Rule of Rose by itself.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1048 on: October 16, 2014, 01:03:47 PM »

I have a loose disc of Kuon. Grabbed it when Lamestop was liquidating PS2 games in yellow sleeves and there was still good stuff to be had. I think it ran me under five bucks. Wasn't worth a lot at the time, even complete.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1049 on: October 24, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »

GTA San Andreas confirmed coming for Xbox 360. Games with Gold eventuality?

http://www.joystiq.com/20...dreas-coming-to-xbox-360/

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length