RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:35:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423293 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1095 on: December 06, 2014, 11:44:18 AM »

Embarrassing gaming admission: I bought an S-Video cable for my AV Famicom, THEN I checked to see if the AV Famicom outputs an S-Video signal.  Cry

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1096 on: December 06, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »

http://blog.us.playstatio...og+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

So Suikoden II is finally coming to PSN this Tuesday.  Better late than never, I suppose?

Also just found out that Yakuza 5 is coming to North America next summer.  I had given up hope that this one would get localized.  Definitely a day one purchase for me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:48:08 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1097 on: December 06, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »

I just got home and was going to make a topic about that announcement. Any RPG fan needs to experience that game. I'm going to buy it to support the series and make sure that Konami knows that there are fans here itching for more.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1098 on: December 06, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »

So Suikoden II is finally coming to PSN this Tuesday.  Better late than never, I suppose?

Also just found out that Yakuza 5 is coming to North America next summer.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1099 on: December 06, 2014, 04:31:17 PM »

Also, Persona 5 has been confirmed for PS4 in North America.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1100 on: December 06, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »

And let's not forget:

Final Fantasy VII for PS4.

Shovel Knight for PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Sorry for the lack of links, I'm on my phone. But hot damn what a great weekend for super cool video game happenings!

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1101 on: December 07, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »

Here's a code for the Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire SPECIAL DEMO for 3DS if anyone still needs it. First come, first served:

A060VMNE1DFS2J0J

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1102 on: December 07, 2014, 04:22:17 PM »

So I like Sin & Punishment on Wii so much that for the first time in about four years I bought some Wii Points and grabbed the N64 S&P on the WiiVC. Now I have 800 points leftover. WHAT SHOULD I GET???

So I did a little research and for certain reasons, I want to get a SNES game. I've narrowed my choices down to:

Breath of Fire II
Harvest Moon
Ogre Battle
Wild Guns

All games that are hard to find/expensive in real life. I'm a little worried that Harvest Moon might be a tad primitive and Ogre Battle a tad obtuse. I'm leaning towards Breath of Fire II but having the actual cart for the original BOF I'm actually seeking out the cart for BOF II.

Anyway, anyone have any opinions on the above selections?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1103 on: December 07, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »

Wild Guns has an amazing soundtrack.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1104 on: December 07, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »

Wild Guns is *ahem* the wild card in the bunch as it's not an RPG. I like that you can play as a woman though...

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1105 on: December 07, 2014, 06:14:37 PM »

So I like Sin & Punishment on Wii so much that for the first time in about four years I bought some Wii Points and grabbed the N64 S&P on the WiiVC. Now I have 800 points leftover. WHAT SHOULD I GET???

So I did a little research and for certain reasons, I want to get a SNES game. I've narrowed my choices down to:

Breath of Fire II
Harvest Moon
Ogre Battle
Wild Guns

All games that are hard to find/expensive in real life. I'm a little worried that Harvest Moon might be a tad primitive and Ogre Battle a tad obtuse. I'm leaning towards Breath of Fire II but having the actual cart for the original BOF I'm actually seeking out the cart for BOF II.

Anyway, anyone have any opinions on the above selections?

Breath of Fire II is the best game on that list.

Running out of games to buy.
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1106 on: December 07, 2014, 06:15:01 PM »

Ralph Baer died.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1107 on: December 07, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »

Ralph Baer died.

Yeah, my wife let me know earlier. Pretty sad.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1108 on: December 08, 2014, 07:03:53 AM »

Breath of Fire II is the best game on that list.

Thanks for chiming in. That's the one I was leaning towards anyway. I've been wanting to jump into the series and may just start with that one.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1109 on: December 08, 2014, 11:12:24 AM »

Both BOF games on SNES are seriously awesome in my opinion. Some of my favorite RPGs of all time.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length