RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:40:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421804 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1260 on: July 12, 2015, 08:30:03 AM »

I was listening to a great podcast that was talking about (in a gushing way) Final Fantasy VII and really enjoying it.  I totally dig the game and wish my history with it was different so I could play through it properly.  Anyway, I was completely in tune until one of them mentioned Aeris then all the others boo'd him down for not calling her Aerith.  Then I turned it off.  I don't know why, but that drives me absolutely bonkers when people do this.  Same thing when people refer to the legendary hero from the Dragon Warrior games as Loto instead of Erdrick. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:32:47 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1261 on: July 12, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »

Initial D Americanized the names in the original translation, which pissed people off, and even changed some of the language to make them more American. It caused such an uproar that a different licensor re-translated the series and left the Japanese names. However, if you only saw the original, it was K.T. and not Keisuke, and that can't be argued. Just like Aeris. Did you play the US version? It's Aeris.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1262 on: July 12, 2015, 07:07:23 PM »

That's all I played.  It was maybe five or six years after release that some of the RPG people I used to hang around with started referring to Aeris as Aerith (emphasizing the "th").  I guess it should be noted that these were the imitation-Japanese-haircut-JRPG-hipster kind of people, who pretty much excommunicated me from their clique due to my growing interest in WRPGs (as they were know by at the time).

Anyway, thanks, Shadow.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1263 on: July 13, 2015, 06:38:15 PM »

I loled a few times:

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1264 on: July 14, 2015, 12:47:37 PM »

I did this almost a week ago.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1265 on: July 14, 2015, 05:34:49 PM »

I finally found out what was causing a problem in this set up (it was the DVD player settings), so at long last I got to try it out.

I hooked my AV Famicom via composite into a Panasonic DVD/VHS player.  The DVD/VHS player was set to output in 4:3 480i and was then hooked via component into my Toshiba 4:3 CRT.  For comparison, I also hooked up the DVD/VHS player vis composite to another input on the same TV.

Powering up the whole system, the component video was noticeably sharper and more colorful than the composite video I was used to.  I was using Mega Man as my test game, and the Blue Bomber had never looked more, well, blue.  Even without comparing to the composite video, the differences were obvious.

The only downside to this setup is that the interlacing makes the screen seem like it's vibrating slightly.  Sometimes it's very noticeable, sometimes it's not noticeable at all.  It doesn't bother me that much considering the much better quality video, but it is a flaw not present on a simple, straight from the console composite connection.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1266 on: July 20, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »

Mario Kart themed Nursery:

http://imgur.com/a/b1Wn4

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1267 on: July 22, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »

the DS sure has a lot of good games, i just finished putting together a WTB list for it and it's 55 games long...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:01:35 PM by techwizard » Logged
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1268 on: July 23, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »

How to clean your disassemble game and watch and remove that Miyamoto guy's signature...

http://damntechnology.blo...and-clean-game-watch.html

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:19:28 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1269 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »

How to clean your disassemble game and watch and remove that Miyamoto guy's signature...

http://damntechnology.blo...and-clean-game-watch.html

that was painful to skim through, and the comments...how do people not know miyamoto when collecting anything nintendo related?
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1270 on: July 25, 2015, 03:02:58 PM »

Been in Great Yarmouth for a week.
Decided to take a photo of a few arcade machines. There were loads more, but these are the only ones I photographed.

Two linked Daytona USA twin cabs. The second machine has glitchy 3D graphics. Sad I didn't play this.

A Simpsons arcade machine. I didn't play this either.

SEGA Rally Deluxe cabinet! Weak/No FFB though. Sad

I was surprised to see this in the arcade in the holiday park:
I had one game of Galaga and a few games of Ms. Pac-Man. Cheesy

There were also two linked SEGA Rally twin cabs which I had a few goes at. Cheesy Again, weak/no FFB. Sad
Oh hey! Something's wrong with the second machine in the row!

Might as well put these here too...

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1271 on: July 26, 2015, 06:13:31 AM »

Ran into an amusing glitch on Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS Vita):

One of those Rikkus is meant to be a captured Cactuar (not pictured).  The battle got stuck in limbo as no one would perform their attacks (presumably because the game was waiting for the missing Cactuar to act).  Had to exit the game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:15:10 AM by Raidou » Logged
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1272 on: July 30, 2015, 07:18:06 PM »

Scroll up slightly to see the start:
https://twitter.com/sonic...status/626904275445227520

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1273 on: August 01, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »

Over 100k achievements are available across all Live enabled devices now. Some random stat breakdowns.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1274 on: August 01, 2015, 07:13:42 PM »

those are cool, it would be interesting to see similar stats on other platforms like PSN or Steam too.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length