RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:34:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421738 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1455 on: August 15, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »

Honestly? Square-Enix would do well to put the series to rest already, and leave people with fine memories instead of sour experiences.

http://www.siliconera.com...delayed-november-29-2016/

that's not very far away, and it sounds like they have good reasons to delay it. i'd prefer a game that releases in a finished state, than one that feels bad and has to be fixed post-release with patches.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1456 on: August 15, 2016, 03:40:36 PM »

Honestly? Square-Enix would do well to put the series to rest already, and leave people with fine memories instead of sour experiences.

that's not very far away, and it sounds like they have good reasons to delay it. i'd prefer a game that releases in a finished state, than one that feels bad and has to be fixed post-release with patches.
Releasing half-finished games is THE in thing to do so far this gen. Tongue

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1457 on: August 15, 2016, 03:49:36 PM »

i know and it's stupid, back in my day they finished games before releasing them!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1458 on: August 16, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »

On the plus side Persona 5 pre-orders skyrocketed in Japan. Went from around 20th to 2nd.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1459 on: August 16, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »

I spotted a boxed Atari 2600 and a boxed Commodore (not sure which one) in a charity shop yesterday.
They won't sell them in-store because they're putting them on eBay instead. Sad
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1460 on: August 16, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »

There are not one, but two Atari 2600s in my town that are both loose and priced over $70.

One's a light sixer, the other was a four switch. I sold boxed models of every 2600 but the Junior and only had my minty Vader break $70.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1461 on: August 17, 2016, 10:54:20 PM »

i know and it's stupid, back in my day they finished games before releasing them!

Not always!

Just almost no reason to worry about it now. It sells no copies and you kill it. It sells a ton of copies and you debate fixing it or moving on to the next project if the fix is not cost effective.

Win win!... For everyone but the consumer.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1462 on: August 23, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »

True story - at a game store yesterday evening, I witnessed Andrew Wiggins asking the clerk if they had Mario Kart Double Dash.

They didn't. Sad

Nice guy, though.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1463 on: August 23, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »

I could walk by countless "famous" and "FAMOUS!" people and have no idea who any of them were...

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1464 on: August 25, 2016, 10:40:04 PM »

After a very LONG hiatus Joust is playable purchasable again

https://marketplace.xbox....fe-1000-9115-d802584107d8

It is also BC with the One.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1465 on: August 27, 2016, 09:23:34 PM »

What could've been...

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1466 on: September 05, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »

I decided to record myself playing Gran Turismo 3.
I was using PCSX2 and my keyboard.

Live:

Replay:
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1467 on: September 07, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »

Super Mario Runner for IPhone:

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1468 on: September 07, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »

Semi-game related...

https://twitter.com/Balro...status/773589467336695812
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1469 on: September 08, 2016, 09:51:08 AM »

What could've been...

This looks butter smooth, and aside from a few spots where it seems to dip to N64-level graphical quality for a moment, and a couple spots where enemy heads were missing with floating hats, and whatnot, this looks like it would have been a sweet deal.  I wonder if there's any chance this has been or will be dumped somewhere so that JTAG'd 360's could play it...

Still, despite the change to the Daniel Craig likeness in the Wii update, it's actually a very good port of the game, and plays like a charm.  A friend bought it a while back and we enjoyed a nice duel match where I kept finding the golden gun and obliterating him.  It was glorious Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length