RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421722 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1545 on: June 25, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »

No way am I gonna buy that one, its $500 and incomplete.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1546 on: June 30, 2017, 07:05:33 AM »

A more in depth look at the Sega Saturn:

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1547 on: June 30, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »

Holy crap is Bujingai a hidden gem.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1548 on: July 01, 2017, 07:41:59 AM »

Best synopsis of Shadow of Mordor ever (from a Steam sale highlight on RockPaperShotgun):

"Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for £3.19/$3.99 – A ranger whose family is killed by orcs rediscovers love when he meets 12,000 other orcs"

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1549 on: July 02, 2017, 07:04:53 AM »

Saw a YouTube review of that NES TV the other day and they were saying a lot have broken feet.

Why though? I mean it's a TV. Don't you just put it down and leave it there?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1550 on: July 02, 2017, 09:48:12 AM »

Saw a YouTube review of that NES TV the other day and they were saying a lot have broken feet.

Why though? I mean it's a TV. Don't you just put it down and leave it there?

It has these really bad plastic feet that stick out way further than any TV that I've ever seen. I remember moving my sister's CRT TV a few times before HD really took off, and those bastards are heavy. The plastic feet are in a position, and so weak structurally, that setting it down at a slight angle could cause them to snap off.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1551 on: July 02, 2017, 09:57:52 AM »

So more a case of bad design that extra rough handling type thing.

And yeah some CRT TV are really heavy. I used to have a 32' stereo wide-screen so  it only was all the weight at the front but it was stupidly long.
Replacement was about a quarter the weight and a bigger screen lcd

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1552 on: July 14, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »

Smooth Criminal in a Yu Yu Hakusho prototype? Yep.

Also: http://www.nintendolife.c..._reaches_a_playable_state

https://www.assemblergame...aturn-dev-software.60654/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:26:12 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1553 on: July 18, 2017, 07:42:56 AM »

Bayou Billy Vinyl is coming soon:

https://twitter.com/STSPh...status/887042050084020224

Also here's a great article on what it costs to own a game store:

https://www.polygon.com/2...ependent-video-game-store
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:41:56 AM by Addicted » Logged

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1554 on: July 21, 2017, 03:07:21 PM »

Thanks for the link to the polygon article it was excellent!

There are now exactly zero independent video game shops where I live. There's Game of course but their stuff in store is more expensive than their own website and used stuff is really expensive.
Two CEX which are noting better than pawn shops that are always stocked with crap and a small chain called Grainger Games, that while they have good prices they don't have much to choose from, they always seem to have more dvd and blu rays than games.

There is one store that deals in retro in a town close by but their prices are as bad as CEX with stupid amounts wanted for even common Megadrive stuff you can still get on ebay cheap.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1555 on: July 22, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »

Holy crap is Bujingai a hidden gem.

Just started it because of this post.

Are you going to do a write-up on it? If not, I may want to.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1556 on: August 05, 2017, 09:52:27 PM »

Gonna be a fun birthday.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1557 on: August 24, 2017, 12:54:16 PM »

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1558 on: August 25, 2017, 06:44:40 AM »

KFC VR training:

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1559 on: August 25, 2017, 08:42:39 AM »

KFC VR training:

As a former "crispy" and "original" cook at KFC I can attest to the accuracy of this training video, but with two minor issues: First, the handle on the strainer used for washing the chicken is very different (it has a vertical orientation instead of horizontal).  Secondly, when you make a mistake, which ALWAYS happens in training (not unlike the Kobiyashi Maru), which results in a few stripes from a branch broken from a tree outside the restaurant (which YOU have to go fetch).  Back in the day it was done by an anonymous person wearing a Colonel Sanders mask, but I heard that today in some regions they have an actual full-body C. Sanders cosplay!  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:45:36 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length