RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421721 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1560 on: August 25, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »

@bombatomba: That is a odd training program.

I had heard rumors that this was coming but glad to see it's announced:

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1561 on: August 30, 2017, 09:18:11 AM »

It does exist!

Also these Pokemon Bootlegs are getting out of hand...

https://www.aliexpress.co...010612.0.0.5bdadf470Xi0ba
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:53:36 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1562 on: August 31, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »

This seems expensive but it might work for some:

https://store.iam8bit.com...-30th-anniversary-edition

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1563 on: August 31, 2017, 12:48:35 PM »

"WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire."

I'll pass.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1564 on: August 31, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »

"WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire."

I'll pass.

I like that it suggests to keep a fire extinguisher nearby while operating.  

I don't get it; if people are willing to pay big bucks to play pirated software on a cart, why not just get an EverDrive and be done with it?  Same price, but without the risk of fire damage.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:10:58 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1565 on: September 01, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »

I'll pass.

I don't get it; if people are willing to pay big bucks to play pirated software on a cart, why not just get an EverDrive and be done with it?  Same price, but without the risk of fire damage.

it's not pirated, they partnered with capcom to do it. the fire warning is just them covering themselves because they think old technology is unpredictable and they can't be responsible for something that old. there's nothing about their game that's any more of a fire hazard than any other snes game.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1566 on: September 02, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »

I'll pass.

I don't get it; if people are willing to pay big bucks to play pirated software on a cart, why not just get an EverDrive and be done with it?  Same price, but without the risk of fire damage.

it's not pirated, they partnered with capcom to do it. the fire warning is just them covering themselves because they think old technology is unpredictable and they can't be responsible for something that old. there's nothing about their game that's any more of a fire hazard than any other snes game.

Ah, I see now.  Thank you for the clarification.

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1567 on: September 13, 2017, 07:09:27 AM »

http://www.businesswire.c...s/home/20170912005798/en/

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Due to incredible demand for the upcoming Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo plans to ship the retro-inspired product into 2018. Originally, shipments were announced to cease at the end of this calendar year.

In addition, more units of Super NES Classic Edition will ship on its Sept. 29 launch day in the U.S. than were shipped of NES Classic Edition all last year, with subsequent shipments arriving in stores regularly. Fans have shown their unbridled enthusiasm for these Classic Edition systems, so Nintendo is working to put many more of them on store shelves.

The Super NES Classic Edition system features 21 legendary Super NES games such as Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Metroid. Launching on Sept. 29 at a suggested retail price of only $79.99, Super NES Classic Edition plugs directly into the TV using the provided HDMI cable, and comes with two wired controllers. For more information about Super NES Classic Edition, visit http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic.

Next summer, Nintendo will also bring back the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system with new shipments. More information about the timing of the return of NES Classic Edition will be announced in the future.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1568 on: September 13, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »

so stores will have 10 copies instead of 5?
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1569 on: September 13, 2017, 10:58:01 PM »

I like that Nintendo seems committed to push the SNES Classic for more than a month, but I can't help but agree with techwizard.  Hopefully hackers won't crack the system until everyone has one.

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1570 on: September 14, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »

Stop Skeletons from Fighting has a great video up on the Xbox 360 RROD:

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1571 on: September 14, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »

I like that Nintendo seems committed to push the SNES Classic for more than a month, but I can't help but agree with techwizard.  Hopefully hackers won't crack the system until everyone has one.
The SNES Mini will been cracked on launch day Tongue

http://www.nintendolife.c...e_as_the_nes_classic_mini

It seems to be the same for hacking as the NES mini was.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:03:54 AM by Link41 » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1572 on: September 19, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Collector's Edition brings us the Easter Basket. Yes these are the infinity stones...  THE facepalm

Here's what they advertised:

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1573 on: October 11, 2017, 08:23:42 AM »

It's the Retro RGB weekly roundup with co-host Russ Lyman:

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1574 on: October 25, 2017, 07:15:04 AM »

The Mummy Demastered is now available from Way Forward:

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length