RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:14:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421778 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1575 on: October 25, 2017, 05:00:41 PM »

It's the Retro RGB weekly roundup with co-host Russ Lyman:

Heck yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1576 on: October 26, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »

A talk with the Cuphead developers while they play their game plus Master System and SNES talk count me in!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1577 on: October 27, 2017, 09:11:34 AM »

More information on the Jaleco and Data East cart collections:

http://www.nintendolife.c...ions_for_the_nes_and_snes

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1578 on: October 27, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »

More information on the Jaleco and Data East cart collections:

http://www.nintendolife.c...ions_for_the_nes_and_snes

I'm actually planning to pick up the NES cart and the Joe & Mac collection if/when they come out.  I like this trend of games rereleasing on cart.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1579 on: November 01, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »

Tis the season:

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1580 on: November 14, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »

I don't ask for much, but this time, I am. Please watch my video at the following link, and tell me what you thought of it. Thank you. Smiley

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1581 on: November 30, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »

Prepare for the nest amiibo:

https://www.nintendo.com/...rom-nintendo-and-kelloggs

Super Mario Cereal from Kellogg's makes breakfast a playful experience

With Super Mario™ Cereal, Nintendo and Kellogg’s® have teamed up to take fans on a breakfast odyssey that will continue long after the cereal box is empty. In addition to collectible Super Mario Odyssey™ box art, each Super Mario Cereal box functions as an amiibo™ accessory, making breakfast a more playful experience.

“This powered-up partnership with Kellogg’s is another exciting way for us to expand the Nintendo brand in unique and creative ways,” said Tom Prata, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives. “We are always looking for new opportunities to bring smiles to people of all ages, and this is a fun way to kick off the day.”

The limited-edition cereal box will begin hitting store shelves across the U.S. as early as Dec. 11. Those playing the Super Mario Odyssey game can tap the cereal box on the Nintendo Switch™ system, like you would an amiibo, to receive gold coins or a heart in the game. Even the cereal itself has a Super Mario twist, with colorful power-up marshmallows and a blast of mixed berry flavor in every box.

“We are thrilled to pack so much fun into one box of cereal,” said Brad Schwan, Senior Director of Morning Foods Marketing. “The package adds value and excitement for fans, with marshmallow shapes in the cereal inspired by Super Mario power-ups to tie the theme together.”

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1582 on: December 19, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »

Apparently there's a 40th Anniversary Space Invaders game in the works. It's coming to Steam and published by Degica games.

https://www.taito.com/steam

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1583 on: December 21, 2017, 01:26:05 AM »

Today I received a PS3 (also was on 360 and PC) game that wasn't too great in review standards but also not awful. Very middle of the road average 70-79% type reviews. However whats interesting is that its also a game that can not be bought new, its from 2009 but even on Amazon they will still manufacture games they have no newer versions of that are still in demand or have a warehouse/clearance house with a stockpile of new games sell it for them. This game has no reasonable Used prices on Amazon as well. They were all more than I wanted to pay for this game. And eBay had about maybe 8-10 listings and most of them were more than I wanted to spend too. But there were two from the same seller listed as being in a suburb of Montreal,Quebec offering it at only 11.64ish US with 3$ shipping with no extra charge for international shipping or so which that was still several dollars cheaper even with the added shipping then every other listing on eBay or Amazon.

Now I have said I am not much into PC gaming and you may be asking if it was not super easy to find a good deal and I may have got lucky I will tell you now that its not even possible to download it from someplace like Steam because it was also pulled from the Steam store for no explanation as well as manufacturing of the disc based versions stopping. So there are also only about 100,000 copies of the disc based versions. Not rare but I would also not call this common. So this is why the prices are a bit inflated in most offers and I may have got a better deal than most people.

So we have a game that has fewer copies than a lot of other games and can't even go the PC download route. This game is Wolfenstein. And me being a person who likes to start from the beginning of a story arc even if its not totally needed I still wanted to get it because the story in the last few which I now have New Order and Old Blood and will get New Colossus if I like the rest  does indeed start in 2009's reboot/rehash of the series. So, thats why I didn't want to spend anymore than I did, because its not some masterpiece but I still want to start from the beginning of this new series.

Mayhaps I could have torrented it but meh, 14$ isn't too much for the console which I prefer.

But this is my point here: This game as far as I know didn't have any super game breaking glitches that make it impossible to beat and the reviews were very average. Normally games who get average reviews are still offered on places like Steam even 10 years after release and are not pulled only a year or less after release and that goes for physical manufacturing too. Take Sniper Ghost Warrior for example which I bought and played. Its far from new and has very average/ poor reviews around 50%-70% range which I agree with, I beat the main story and didn't hate it but I agree with the score and have no interest in getting the 2 sequels and would rather check out the other Sniper series, but Walmart still stocks this game new in their bargain area which is where I got it. So they do manufacturer physical games that don't have only 80-90s metacritic still until the system is too old and demand has died.

Which is why its interesting the 2009 Wolfenstein had everything stopped and pulled from even online. There are games with worse reviews even that are still offered years later.

Perhaps this will become one of the games thats worth a bit in my collection someday.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1584 on: January 02, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »

Today I discovered I can register physical CD/DVD games I bought years ago on Steam, simply by entering the product key, SWEET!

This makes them "real" Steam games, too, it's not just a shortcut in my Steam library, but instead they are downloadable from Steam as if I bought them in the Steam store.

No idea why I never thought to try this out before. It's a complete crapshoot, though. Some product keys work, others don't. I assume this depends on whether the publisher allowed the game to be transferred to Steam or not.

A small setback is that I'm currently locked out of trying to register further product keys due to too many (invalid) activation attempts. Which is unavoidable, as I have no idea which keys will work and which won't.

Sartwell
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #1585 on: January 08, 2018, 04:04:25 AM »

Today I discovered Decaduro and I can register physical CD/DVD games I bought years ago on Steam, simply by entering the product key, SWEET!

This makes them "real" Steam games, too, it's not just a shortcut in my Steam library, but instead they are downloadable from Steam as if I bought them in the Steam store.

No idea why I never thought to try this out before. It's a complete crapshoot, though. Some product keys work, others don't. I assume this depends on whether the publisher allowed the game to be transferred to Steam or not.

A small setback is that I'm currently locked out of trying to register further product keys due to too many (invalid) activation attempts. Which is unavoidable, as I have no idea which keys will work and which won't.

Is this real? I had no idea you could do that. A couple of my old CDs stopped working and I was kind of pissed off because I thought I have to buy those games again to play them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 08:52:32 AM by Sartwell » Logged
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1586 on: January 08, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »

Found this on ebay.  I don't have the money currently, but what is basically is a an AV Booster for the PC Engine (or Turbografx-16 with a slight mod to the back) that outputs component.  Peripherally, it also passes RGBS signals (via the RCA jacks) through out either component.  Thought it might get some love.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/...40c3b8:g:EmQAAOSwWxNY1kXv
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:01:35 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1587 on: January 08, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »

Is this real? I had no idea you could do that. A couple of my old CDs stopped working and I was kind of pissed off because I thought I have to buy those games again to play them.

In some cases.  I know it works with the "X" games by Egosoft (I've done this with X2, X3 and it's two expansion packs, and X: Rebirth), and it also works with some of the Blizzard games with their Battlenet client (I have Diablo 2 and Warcraft III registered that way).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1588 on: January 08, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »

In some cases.  I know it works with the "X" games by Egosoft (I've done this with X2, X3 and it's two expansion packs, and X: Rebirth), and it also works with some of the Blizzard games with their Battlenet client (I have Diablo 2 and Warcraft III registered that way).

It's how I got Half-Life 2, Half-Life Blue Shift, and some earlier Valve releases on Steam.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1589 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:18 AM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length