RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:45:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421732 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1605 on: April 20, 2018, 01:03:00 PM »

Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition is finally coming to the Switch in the summer.

garageloot
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1606 on: April 22, 2018, 09:54:36 PM »

I know I saw that.   Grin Grin Grin  I hope it is un 35.00.  I would totally pick it up.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1607 on: April 24, 2018, 08:59:05 AM »

I got a review code for Project Xenon Valkyrie+ for PS4, and have been putting a bunch of time into that.  It's a pretty interesting Rogue-like action platformer with a high difficulty.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1608 on: May 02, 2018, 12:36:58 PM »

So I recently arrived in the small town of Onomichi in Yakuza 6, and I knew the melody that played during the cutscene was familiar.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1609 on: May 08, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »

I was in Jersey City the other day and stopped into a small shop that looked like a cell phone kiosk but had lots of retro games for sale.  It was pretty cool, but the topper was seeing a really nice N64 console box used to hold up trays of cheap games on their sidewalk sale table.  I would have taken a picture, but they had someone working security, and I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1610 on: June 09, 2018, 02:31:29 PM »

I've been playing Trails Fusion as it's a 'free' game this month but I've had to give up.

Not done too bad and got a lot of gold medals but the game goes from being fun to play to totally rock hard in one level and the rest is locked behind you having to earn enough medals. Thing is you have to get gold on e every level just to progress, why?

90% of people now don't have the time or patience let alone the skill to be bothered so all that hard work the developers did was for nothing.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1611 on: June 10, 2018, 06:24:47 AM »

Trying to get everything on lego jurassic world too but some of the mini kits are on chase levels where you have very little control so are always missing them...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1612 on: June 11, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »

This is hilarious!!

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1613 on: September 15, 2018, 08:52:43 AM »

Maybe a little controversial, but after playing the Switch demo for Mega Man 11 with my son, I have to completely redact a previous statement.  The weird "button-dpad" on the Switch is actually veeery nice, and vastly superior (and more comfortable) than the Dual Shock family dpads, at least to my sausage thumbs.  Also, in light of my recent gaming habits and on the most recent Nintendo Direct, I might have to reevaluate my earlier stance on the Switch.  I'll have to see how things turn out this Tuesday with Nintendo Online with my son (and his switch), but I am interested, at least enough to think that if it turns out my Vita purchase on ebay goes pear-shaped and I have to request a refund, I might begin the extra saving process for getting a Switch.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1614 on: September 27, 2018, 06:58:01 PM »

I happened upon this full-page ad in the back of Wired magazine:

Now you know what to drink when Mountain Dew just doesn't cut it...
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1615 on: October 02, 2018, 05:33:59 PM »

^^ in the words of Josh Baskin "I don't get it".

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1616 on: November 02, 2018, 09:14:25 AM »

The only thing I can think of is it’s a gameboy lite and not a regular gameboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1617 on: November 09, 2018, 05:11:24 PM »

My rough estimate total for my NES collection is around 500 games. I wish I had more time to tabulate the actual number!

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1618 on: November 27, 2018, 10:25:38 PM »

A young guy of high school age spent some time near me this weekend. He had a lanyard around his neck which was NES themed. After I commented on it he proceeds to show me a NES themed wallet and phone protector, clearly excited that I noticed. I keep a picture on my phone of the bulk of my NES game library and showed it to him.

That's were it gets a little odd....

He is obviously amazed. He is in awe of all my "Super Nintendo" games. He asks me a dozen questions all at once....and refers to my SNES games again. The first time I think it's just a slip of the tongue, the second time I gently correct him, figuring if a person is going about rocking all manner of NES decoration they should know the difference between a NES cart and a SNES one.

Then he tells me he has, never played a NES console.

Huh?

It's not that I'm such an old man that I am shocked at younger people not playing a 30 something year old console, I'm shocked at someone decked out in NES branded accessories with good questions to go along with it not having played one.

I think I'll have to invite him over sometime...

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1619 on: November 28, 2018, 01:12:53 AM »

Sounds like a new member of the hipster army you met.

Just like all the ones we saw at Ground Kontrol.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length