RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:33:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What DVDs have you purchased recently? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 76 Print
Author Topic: What DVDs have you purchased recently?  (Read 320915 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #705 on: October 22, 2008, 02:23:54 PM »

i picked up the new indiana jones movie the other day.. still have not had a chance to watch it yet...

:*(

When shall his new form be revealed?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #706 on: October 22, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »

i picked up the new indiana jones movie the other day.. still have not had a chance to watch it yet...

Hopefully you didn't pay too much. It wasn't terribly, awfully, abysmally, dreadfully bad but it didn't really live up to the adventure of the others.

I saw it on the plane back from New Zealand and I was quite schocked/surprised by some of it.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #707 on: October 22, 2008, 05:46:10 PM »

You know I just don't see what people see in the Indiana Jones movies. I've watched 2 of them (not the new one) and I think it's so lame/unrealistic it's not even funny anymore.

Yet it's not so bad it becomes good again, so it's just...bad. Tongue
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #708 on: October 22, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

got in today from Amazon.com

Missing.:  The Criterion Collection

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #709 on: October 23, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »

got in today from Amazon.com

Kenji Mizoguchi's Fallen Women:  Eclipse Series 13:  The Criterion Collection

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #710 on: October 27, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »

I was thinking of buying the Blackadder Complete Collection. But my birthday is coming up, so maybe I can drop some hints. It's £28 on Amazon. All episodes from all four series, plus the special episodes.

Blackadder was excellent but I haven't seen it for a while. The ending to the fourth series still sends a chill down my spine when I watch it. For those who don't know - the fourth series was set in the trenches in the First World War. It was full of comedy right until they were going to go over the top, then it suddenly got serious. It's probably on Youtube somewhere.

Edit:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:46:28 AM by James » Logged
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #711 on: October 27, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »

I was thinking of buying the Blackadder Complete Collection. But my birthday is coming up, so maybe I can drop some hints. It's £28 on Amazon. All episodes from all four series, plus the special episodes.

Blackadder was excellent but I haven't seen it for a while. The ending to the fourth series still sends a chill down my spine when I watch it. For those who don't know - the fourth series was set in the trenches in the First World War. It was full of comedy right until they were going to go over the top, then it suddenly got serious. It's probably on Youtube somewhere.

Edit:

o.o That was rather brilliant.

I've liked what I've seen of that show, although I usually watch the medieval season.

I may have to look into more.

When shall his new form be revealed?
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #712 on: October 27, 2008, 12:07:33 PM »

i picked up the new hulk movie the other day.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #713 on: October 27, 2008, 12:19:33 PM »

It was full of comedy right until they were going to go over the top, then it suddenly got serious. It's probably on Youtube somewhere.
When did that become serious? Or do you mean the piano tune at the end?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #714 on: October 27, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »

It was full of comedy right until they were going to go over the top, then it suddenly got serious. It's probably on Youtube somewhere.
When did that become serious? Or do you mean the piano tune at the end?

I think the whole section in the video I posted is the serious part. The build up to when they were getting ready to go over the top. They did have a few jokes in there but it was a lot more sombre than the rest of the series.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #715 on: October 27, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »

I think the whole section in the video I posted is the serious part. The build up to when they were getting ready to go over the top. They did have a few jokes in there but it was a lot more sombre than the rest of the series.
Ah, I see. I thought that was the "regular" amount of funny.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #716 on: October 28, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »

I've bought Blackadder: Complete Collection. Cheesy

It was a bit of a saga (Or a waffle, depending on your viewpoint). It's £28 on Amazon and the HMV website. It's £30 on the Tesco website. So I decided to get it from Tesco to save waiting. I don't mind if it's only a £2 difference on something as expensive as this. The nearest Tesco had loads of DVDs but they weren't in any order so I had to spend 20 minutes looking through every DVD they had. They didn't have it. Sad The same happened at the other Tesco on the other side of town. I was going that way anyway, which is why I went so far. I ended up walking into the town centre to get it from HMV. I'm too cheap to pay £1.30 for the mall car park so I park in the side streets outside the town centre where it's 2 hours free parking. But first I thought I would check Zavvi where it was £55! It was £30 in HMV so I got it there.

Two and a half hours to buy a DVD! I bet I'll be bored with it after a few episodes. Tongue It's 13hr 55min of Blackadder. Cheesy Excellent.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #717 on: October 28, 2008, 08:41:44 AM »

Annoying when you have to go through dvd's/games like that only to find out the one you want isn't there. It's easier when they're somewhat alphabetised so you can quickly see your thing isn't there and get out.

But good you found it for £30 eventually. That £55 is almost twice the price. Shocked

Cool James, you put King of Waffle as your Custom Title!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I still need one but I don't have any ideas...you know something?
REFan
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #718 on: October 28, 2008, 08:57:50 AM »

I just got walk hard on dvd for $8 at Tunes.  They also had a few games for a dollar a piece so i picked those up as well
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #719 on: October 28, 2008, 09:00:27 AM »

Cool James, you put King of Waffle as your Custom Title!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No I didn't. Undecided Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 76 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: