RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:44:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Movies so BAD they're good! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Movies so BAD they're good!  (Read 10412 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: July 01, 2007, 08:57:11 PM »

I heard about this movie at the Smithee Awards in 2005 and after seeing it win several awards (www.smitheeawards.com) (http://www.smitheeawards.com/ceremony_form.cfm) I had to buy a copy of it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...3837342&rd=1&rd=1

It's hilariously BAD!  laugh

Anyone have any personal recommendations?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 09:01:56 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »

House of the Dead

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 09:02:52 PM »

House of the Dead

Brutal! Didn't they actually edit in video game footage into that one?

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:09:57 PM »

OK this one is an obvious one. But just in case someone hasn't seen it. Napoleon Dynomite.  It has to be one of the worst movies ever. BUT I LOVE IT. It's funny in a boring nerdy kind of way.

Also Saving Silverman. I just watched it again this morning on tbs or something like that. Great underdog movie.  Jason Biggs ( american pie ) and Jack Black star in this funny movie.

There is probably a ton more but that is all I can think of.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 10:17:40 PM »

OK this one is an obvious one. But just in case someone hasn't seen it. Napoleon Dynomite.  It has to be one of the worst movies ever. BUT I LOVE IT. It's funny in a boring nerdy kind of way.

Also Saving Silverman. I just watched it again this morning on tbs or something like that. Great underdog movie.  Jason Biggs ( american pie ) and Jack Black star in this funny movie.

Napoleon Dynamite is an instant classic. "Gimme some of your tots!" "No. I'm STARVIN'!" "Idiot!". "Tina ya fat lard..."

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »

House of the Dead

Brutal! Didn't they actually edit in video game footage into that one?

They sure did.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 10:38:52 PM »

COOL AS ICE!!!!!

Vanilla Ice acting=pure comedy gold.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 02:11:31 AM »

saving silverman is funny i have not seen that one in a while.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:13:16 AM by two_scoop_steve » Logged

Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 02:50:44 AM »

I liked Loser better than Saving Silverman; I mean Saving Silverman was good and all but it was lacking in the Mena Suvari department.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 07:48:24 PM »

I haven't seen the actual movie, but the Ricki-Oh movies have some atrocious gore scenes in them, completely unbelievable, but it's so damn funny. Here's a clip from YouTube:

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »

That was funny!

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 08:37:26 AM »

Can I mention my utter disappointment with From Justin To Kelly in this thread? I watched it hoping it would be like Cool As Ice for a new generation, but I was wrong, I was DEEEEEEAAAAAD WRONG. That movie was just straight up horrible, mainly because of all the musical numbers with Justin Guarini and Kelly Clarkson. The only line in the movie that was awkwardly ridiculous was "I'm like Hurricane Luke, I'll blow you away." Other than that, the only thing I learned from that movie was that all girls bathrooms have a secret exit.

Goddamn, I need to watch Cool As Ice again. Universal, you guys need to release a special edition Blu-Ray (or HD DVD since you losers still won't come to the winning side) of this cinematic classic.

...Or at least give me an official DVD to replace my hand crafted DVD sourced from a Pan and Scan LaserDisc rip I downloaded. Give me a new transfer and a 5.1 soundtrack.

God I love Cool As Ice.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 10:27:02 AM »

You need some help.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 04:38:59 AM »

Can I mention my utter disappointment with From Justin To Kelly in this thread? I watched it hoping it would be like Cool As Ice for a new generation, but I was wrong, I was DEEEEEEAAAAAD WRONG. That movie was just straight up horrible, mainly because of all the musical numbers with Justin Guarini and Kelly Clarkson. The only line in the movie that was awkwardly ridiculous was "I'm like Hurricane Luke, I'll blow you away." Other than that, the only thing I learned from that movie was that all girls bathrooms have a secret exit.

Goddamn, I need to watch Cool As Ice again. Universal, you guys need to release a special edition Blu-Ray (or HD DVD since you losers still won't come to the winning side) of this cinematic classic.

...Or at least give me an official DVD to replace my hand crafted DVD sourced from a Pan and Scan LaserDisc rip I downloaded. Give me a new transfer and a 5.1 soundtrack.

God I love Cool As Ice.

dude i totally second that. cool as ice is a misunderstood classic with many good funny as hell catch phrases. i too own a copy. they need to realease a "vanilla ice is your daddy special edition" i can honestly say with pride that i own every vanilla ice album on cd (origianls). his newer cd 'platinum underground' is awesome. yo vanilla kick it one more time boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »

You need help as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length