RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:28:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | External Auction Site Discussion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print
Author Topic: External Auction Site Discussion Thread  (Read 76514 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2008, 10:59:37 PM »

Listening to the podcast, I want to clarify that RFGen covers both Classic and Modern Games. We don't focus on any one era or time period and cover everything from the 70's to the downloadable services of each new console today.

And Hardware Tongue

Thanks Jasen for holding this contest for our members! Also congrats to the winner!

Hello World.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2008, 12:39:57 AM »

Congrats to the winner, whom I marked as having referred me.  He's been a good promoter for the site.

So now I'm a member I should probably try and sell off some of my doubles.  I'll be gone all month so I'm going to wait to list them when I return.  As always, I'll try and fix some sort of special discount for RFGen members.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:47:42 AM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2008, 02:26:34 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

RF Gen member's participation has been outstanding.
Thank you to every member who took part and got us the 20 member minimum to have the competition. It isn't easy trying something new, especially when you may of become so accustomed to eBay. But I really appreciate everyone's participation.

The next competition is a comp to see who can list the most items for 99c, so Game Gavel should see an insane amount of activity over the following months.

ChaseTheChuckwagon
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »

This is a great thread discussing the selling costs between CTCW & Ebay started by one of our members.  I think this makes is very obvious why everyone should try the Chuckwagon.  Check out how many items they are selling and I think you will be amazed. 

This is proving that a new auction site, done correctly, can and will compete for Ebay's business.

http://www.chasingthechuc...load/showthread.php?t=131

So Cal Mike
Owner, http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com
Often Imitated but NEVER duplicated !
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:43:50 AM by ChaseTheChuckwagon » Logged
Dragon Warrior Jasen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:56 AM »

DefaultGen just spent his evening adding a TON of NES Auctions, all starting at $.99... He is really trying to win all of the prizes for the $.99 Selling Bonanza Contest, check it out:

http://www.gamegavel.com

There are literally 200 auctions from him starting at good prices! Bid, Win, Play! Having bought from him in the past, I know his stuff is good stuff and I recommend it! Plus, he has 100% good feedback!
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2008, 02:09:23 AM »

Wowzers, that is awesome indeed.

ChaseTheChuckwagon
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2008, 11:03:07 PM »

[img width=350 height=125]http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forumlogo.jpg[/img]

Listen to a newly uploaded Auction Talk episode to hear up-to-date site growth statistics as well as learn about new and interesting items recently listed on the fastest growing auction alternative dedicated to gamers.

560 Members and growing !

Auction Talk week of July 7th, 2008

http://www.chasingthechuc...on.com/Auction%20Talk.mp3

So Cal Mike
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:19:51 AM by ChaseTheChuckwagon » Logged
Tan
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2008, 05:18:19 AM »

This is a thread for news, auctions and discussion of game auctions sites & online stores that exist outside of eBay or RFGen. Personal auctions as always can still be listed in their own bumped threads. Feel free to advertise your websites here or announce news. This is for everyone to use and all should feel welcome to use it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:30:08 AM by Tan » Logged
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »

Oh no...
As the Lemming said just before he exploded.

ChaseTheChuckwagon
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2008, 03:47:12 PM »

[img width=350 height=125]http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forumlogo.jpg[/img]

Dang, nice condition but geesh ! 

Items Listed in Accessories:Nintendo NES

NINTENDO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS nintendo nes MINT/ SUPER RARE !!
http://www.chasethechuckw....cgi?show_item=0000003765
Price: $7500.00 Ends: July 19, 2008 12:00:00 AM EDT

So Cal Mike
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 05:05:34 PM by ChaseTheChuckwagon » Logged
RegalSin
Banned

Stats
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2008, 01:59:25 AM »

To hell with game gavel. I ask the magical euro man who hop skippity across europe and couldn't even get a simple answer..

WILL WE GET OUR MONEY BACK IF THIS TING DOES NOT BLOW OVER?Huh!!!!?!?Huh

No answer still from the guy and my responces got magically erased. I mean come on VGauctions will not work. The problem is that

1. There is a fee.

2. We have to enter private info.

3. ebay is much faster and full of customers from people buying things just to break them up and shoot them into space.

4.  VG_auctions failed before and it is going to fail again. Also it is kida early to be charging and giving 10 bucks in spending money. THEY SHOULD ANNOUNCE WE WILL BE CLOSING UNTIL  BUT.......( I am not going to say it )

IT has to be a regular auction system for al types of items.

I have my own idea for a auction system but I need the know how.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2008, 04:01:35 AM »

You should double check that post.
I mean eBay is the site with fees regardless of auction type. A normal auction on GG is 100% free.
And of course you have to enter personal information, how else can you buy and sell?

RegalSin
Banned

Stats
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2008, 10:39:11 AM »

Well if the majority of auctions is ebay then that means...and why should it have to be only videogames when there is other free auction websites out there.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »

To hell with game gavel. I ask the magical euro man who hop skippity across europe and couldn't even get a simple answer..

No answer still from the guy and my responces got magically erased. I mean come on VGauctions will not work. The problem is that

1. There is a fee.

3. ebay is much faster and full of customers from people buying things just to break them up and shoot them into space.

4.  VG_auctions failed before and it is going to fail again. Also it is kida early to be charging and giving 10 bucks in spending money. THEY SHOULD ANNOUNCE WE WILL BE CLOSING UNTIL  BUT.......( I am not going to say it )

Oh hush...!

Tell me about your variants...
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »

1. There is a fee.

Oh hush...!
nod

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length